GDT: 10/24/13 - Carolina @ Minnesota - 7:00 PM CDT - FS-N

Status
Not open for further replies.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
well with all the near-empty nets everyone has been missing surely this is a good sign.
if that were Granlund it'd be on the ice four inches to the left, Pomms would put it 8" high on the right, Brodziak would drop pass it to a defenseman.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
HEATLEY
8HEV.gif

This is every time I ever have to use ketchup in a glass bottle ever.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
well with all the near-empty nets everyone has been missing surely this is a good sign.
if that were Granlund it'd be on the ice four inches to the left, Pomms would put it 8" high on the right, Brodziak would drop pass it to a defenseman.

Koivu would pass it to Parise, even if Parise was on the bench at that time.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
If that wasn't a tailor made scoring opportunity, then I don't know what is. The goalie was going right to left and coming out to meet Koivu. You have to shoot that. The goalie wasn't even close to being set. Yes, if Koivu's pass had gotten through, easy goal. But you have a damn good chance of scoring if you shoot that thing. Again, goalie going from right to left cross ice and coming out. No one between Koivu and the goalie. Just shoot the damn puck.

I actually agree with you here.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Phew.. Bad game, 2 points. I take it. I'm more concerned when they lose good games, that's the problem.

Both happen during the season, but if you win most of the good games and find a way to win some of the bad ones, it's all good.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
Love our jump in the standings, though I wish St. Louis would play some games already to see where they are really at.

Got the win, that's all that matters even if that wasn't our greatest performance of the season. Have to cut down the penalties.

J22*

If that wasn't a tailor made scoring opportunity, then I don't know what is. The goalie was going right to left and coming out to meet Koivu. You have to shoot that. The goalie wasn't even close to being set. Yes, if Koivu's pass had gotten through, easy goal. But you have a damn good chance of scoring if you shoot that thing. Again, goalie going from right to left cross ice and coming out. No one between Koivu and the goalie. Just shoot the damn puck.

Passing up too many shots is a valid gripe with Koivu, but i couldnt help but notice that you left out the point that he made a perfect pass to Parise that should've been a tap in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad