Recalled/Assigned: 10/20: Harrington, Ebbett sent back to WBS

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Hope he gets to play this time. Someone posted DK said someone on the Pens said they don't trust him yet because he still has bad habbits he got from the juniors or something?

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Hope he gets to play this time. Someone posted DK said someone on the Pens said they don't trust him yet because he still has bad habbits he got from the juniors or something?

That's bogus. Harrington's habits and attention to details are one of his best traits.

London plays an NHL-style game more so than probably any other CHL team... I believe it's the primary reason Maatta was able to have such immediate success.

LionelHutz*

That's bogus. Harrington's habits and attention to details are one of his best traits.

London plays an NHL-style game more so than probably any other CHL team... I believe it's the primary reason Maatta was able to have such immediate success.

This, Harrington looked close to NHL ready as an 18 year old in his first preseason.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013

The bad habit in question per DK was that They don't always like how he retrieves on dump ins. I guess they do not believe his style is something that will continue to work with more consistently faster forcheckers at the NHL level. It has nothing to do with what style he played in juniors etc.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Interesting, Dumo is still up And the was DP is killing it I would have thought he'd get a phone call.

Pouliot might actually help them enter the zone on the PP which for some reason they can't workout how to do without Sid.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Pouliot might actually help them enter the zone on the PP which for some reason they can't workout how to do without Sid.

removing Martin from the top PP and adding Ehrhoff or Despres would fix it (at least temporarily) as well

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
removing Martin from the top PP and adding Ehrhoff or Despres would fix it (at least temporarily) as well

I don't know why they keep going with Martin over Ehrhoff, he has a muffin shot and hasn't helped the entry at all.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I don't know why they keep going with Martin over Ehrhoff, he has a muffin shot and hasn't helped the entry at all.

even at his best, the only thing he provides the PP is calmness, which isn't something they've lacked under MJ. Ehrhoff should be there 100% of the time when they're running 2D

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
I think I like the idea of pouliot hanging out with Hynes for the whole season and sharpening his defensive game and the power play improvements come from less square leg and round hole

penguins2946*

Good. Now just scratch Bort and put him in. Maatta's not coming back this year, they need to give Harrington as much time as possible to get ready for the playoffs.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
Good. Now just scratch Bort and put him in. Maatta's not coming back this year, they need to give Harrington as much time as possible to get ready for the playoffs.

Makes sense to get him as ready as possible. If he excels he can take Bortz place if not he will at least have some experience if he gets thrown into the deep end if someone else gets hurt.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Makes sense to get him as ready as possible. If he excels he can take Bortz place if not he will at least have some experience if he gets thrown into the deep end if someone else gets hurt.

Yeah I can actually dig the Scuds-Despres pairing if Harry does well with Martin or Ehrhoff.

penguins2946*

I really don't think he can do any worse than Bortuzzo.

Yeah I can actually dig the Scuds-Despres pairing if Harry does well with Martin or Ehrhoff.

I was actually thinking of running with:

Martin-Letang
Ehrhoff-Despres
Scuderi-Harrington

But if Harrington shows he can handle the spot with Ehrhoff, then go ahead and play there. I don't think Harrington should have a problem handing ~18 minutes a game.

joeyjake5

Feb 23, 2014
You need borts in the lineup, aside from #47, The other four are too soft to play against NYI, NYR and the Flys. The big mistake was in not playing Harry 20 games ago for a lengthy time period.

penguins2946*

You need borts in the lineup, aside from #47, The other four are too soft to play against NYI, NYR and the Flys. The big mistake was in not playing Harry 20 games ago for a lengthy time period.

Not really. The Flyers suck, and we need to focus on having speed on our D more than toughness against the Islanders due to the Islanders F speed. We just need to score against the Rangers, we don't need tough D to stop midgets like St. Louis or Zuccarello.

Bortuzzo has been really bad recently, and he can't be put with Scuderi. Scuderi isn't going to be scratched, despite how much easier it would make everything. It's either Scuderi in the top-4, Bortuzzo in the top-4 or Bortuzzo scratched. I'll take the last one 10/10 times. Bortuzzo is nothing more than a #7, I don't see any reason why he has to be in the lineup every game.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Yeah, Harrington needs to play every game til the trade deadline so JR can see if he can count on Harrington in the playoffs, if he can't count on Harrington then JR needs to find a rental def.

joeyjake5

Feb 23, 2014
Besides #47, w/0 borts, who is going to put OpKO, Martin, Kreider, Nash, Simmonds etc on their rears.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Besides #47, w/0 borts, who is going to put OpKO, Martin, Kreider, Nash, Simmonds etc on their rears.

Bort is good for guys like Martin, but we better be doing everything possible to keep him off the ice against the rest of those guys. He may put them on their rears on occasion, but its far more likely that they'd embarrass him by simply being better hockey players than he is capable of effectively defending. And I like Bort. He just isn't a guy who should be defending top line players.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Yeah. The way Bortuzzo has been playing the majority of the year... his ability to deter the other team is massively overshadowed by his inability to defend against just about anyone.

penguins2946*

It doesn't really matter if Bortuzzo is putting them on their rears if he can't defend them most of the time. The Pens don't need a cruncher in their D group, they need players who can play the sport well more than tough guys.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Harrington should be in for Scuderi. It won't happen, but it SHOULD happen.

He definitely should be in the lineup, regardless. Put him with Letang. Get some better balance in the pairings.

Harrington-Letang
Ehrhoff-Despres
Martin/Scuderi-Bortuzzo/Martin

That's what I would try, until we can trade Martin for futures and promote Pouliot. Then Pouliot can play with either Scuderi or Bortuzzo.

I don't mind sitting Bortuzzo for a game here or there, but against the Isles? Guys like Anders Lee, Brock Nelson, Kyle Okposo and their entire fourth line are going to set up tents in front of Fleury all night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad