Recalled/Assigned: 10/20: Harrington, Ebbett sent back to WBS

Penguins23

Le Magnifique
Dec 14, 2006
NB Canada
I don't get the move. Can someone explain it to me? Why did Chorney make the opening night roster and Harrington didn't? I'm clearly missing something here.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Hopefully this means Scuds will be sitting. Harrington wasn't going to be in Pittsburgh for the #7 role, but he deserves to be there as the #6 as it stands.

Chorney had a good camp and deserved to be rewarded for it with a paycheck and a game or two, but we're in serious trouble if he plays more than a handful of games.

With this team there is always the possibility that it's a straight salary cap move and that $39,167 extra that Harrington makes over Chorney was a hurdle of some sort.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
I think its safe to say Harrington is going to play, i can't see them calling him up sit in the press box, so either somebody got hurt or somebody is getting healthy scratched.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
With this team there is always the possibility that it's a straight salary cap move and that $39,167 extra that Harrington makes over Chorney was a hurdle of some sort.

Yep. If they had Harry up over Chorney they would've been over the cap to start. As it stood I think they were like 5K under, so nothing to see there but more cap trickery.

Now having said that.... if Depres sits I'm going to be apoplectic. What can I say -- those old wounds take a little time to heal. :laugh:

iFishyHD

Dec 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I imagine Scuds is in the pressbox now.

Martin-Letang
Maatta-Ehrhoff
Despres-Harrington

Maybe they switch them again when Bort is back? Chorney in the pressbox again?

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
CapGeek is far from perfect, but I'm pretty sure we had about $100k in space to start the year (CG says $178,029). It very well could be a cap thing, but if it is I think it'll be one of those things that I'm just not going to understand. The fact Harrington was sent to WBS and not Wheeling inches me towards thinking this is more of a playing time issue than a cap issue...but with Botteril around there is always the chance.

Stad

@Mahomes2Helaire
Apr 22, 2007
Saskatoon
Sounds like Scuds will be sitting or he's getting traded. They wouldn't call Harrington up to have him sit in the press box.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
You can't trade Scuderi if he's being healthy scratched.

I'm guessing injury.

penguins2946*

Maybe Maatta was so good yesterday that they decided to give Harrington a look to make sure he's ready, and if he is, they will move Martin for a winger :naughty:

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh
I think its safe to say Harrington is going to play, i can't see them calling him up sit in the press box, so either somebody got hurt or somebody is getting healthy scratched.

I'd go one further and say this may suggest someone in the top 4 is injured. Obviously, you don't recall Harrington to sit in the press box; and I'm not even sure you bring him up to play in the bottom pairing when Chorney is capable of doing that.

Contender

Sep 22, 2014
Maybe Maatta was so good yesterday that they decided to give Harrington a look to make sure he's ready, and if he is, they will move Martin for a winger :naughty:

I'm hoping this is the case, and it's not an injury. Martin just seemed so checked out of the game last night. It seems like it's only a matter of time of when he's traded. Hopefully it happens sooner rather than later.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I'd go one further and say this may suggest someone in the top 4 is injured. Obviously, you don't recall Harrington to sit in the press box; and I'm not even sure you bring him up to play in the bottom pairing when Chorney is capable of doing that.

If someone in the top 4 gets hurt, Despres moves up to the top 4. Harrington will start on the 3rd pairing regardless of why he's in the NHL unless there are multiple injuries to top 4 guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad