GDT: 10/19/23 - 7:00PM EDT - Vancouver vs Tampa Bay

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Not a pretty end to this one in the final 2 minutes, but overall a really positive night for the Bolts. And we got 2 points.

Reactions: Maelmoor

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

"I thought that was another big part in the game for us. I felt we were coming in that second period. Jeannot is one of those guys who can turn a game like that. There are not a lot of guys who will look that guy in the eye and, when you see those things happen, a physical presence, it makes guys a little bit taller on the bench. There has been a lot more to Jeannot's game. He has been big, physical, he is on on forechecks, he is around the net, and just really really happy with his game"

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Just getting settled after dropping my mom off at her house. The better half and I took her to her 1st game since my dad went the great rink in the sky. She had a lot of fun. She loves the Lightning so much. Hug your parents if you still have that opportunity. Hug em hard.

I wish Kuch would shoot more all the time. We battled at home. Played well in spurts. ABB is a total waste out there. If Kuch can go god mode...we have a chance. Night y'all.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Looks like Kuch woke up and Sergachev still adding to his golf score, teams really going to have to lean onto Hedman and Cernak his year defensively.

Reactions: OffBy1 and Rschmitz

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Mick Eyssimont had one of his better games as a Bolt, IMO. And Nick Paul might be one of those players who's significantly better when he has some confidence.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I'd like to see the team leaning heavier into shot suppression, apply more pressure outside of the defensive zone. I know after the Columbus debacle we've moved away from that, but our best defense right now is to use the blue line and keep the other team out of our zone entirely.

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
Looks like Kuch woke up and Sergachev still adding to his golf score, teams really going to have to lean onto Hedman and Cernak his year defensively.
I will say Hedman and Cernak looked great together though! Need to find Sergy a reliable partner.

Last edited:

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
I thought the forward lines looked pretty good tonight, most chemistry I've seen all season.
I really liked the look of our forward lines. ABB is hidden with Kuch and Point and he needs to be in top six if we want to keep him in the lineup. Hagel makes everyone look better and he might just make Cirelli and Stamkos work for the first time ever. The third line has some serious size and Merelä was more noticeable than in all the games combined so far. The fourth line is pretty much a collection of players but that's just what fourth lines usually are. Eyssimont looked good and even Sheary didn't look like shit.

The defense is another story but I don't know how you can mix them better. Sergachev and Raddysh are a disaster waiting to happen. Especially Sergachev needs to wake the f*** up. The guy is making 8.5 million and for that you have to be able to carry a pairing. I believe Coop even benched them for a bit after they f***ed up twice to start the second period. Perbix has looked better in the last couple of games which is encouraging. Maybe demotion to the third pairing is what he needed to settle down a bit and reel it in.

All in all, probably the best overall game so far. Vancouver sucks though so it's tough to decide if we played well or if Canucks were just that bad.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Because the alternative is DeHann or Fleury with Raddysh and that's even worse. Hedman with Perbix has been bad this season too.
Giving me ditching vibes. We won last night, wasn't pretty but a win. Sergachev made women Costly mistakes. Goalie played a slightly better. This team goes as far as kucherov and point can carry them.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
I made my wife rewind that Myers play again it was so ridiculous, at first I thought pointer made a jump cut on him but nope, man just taking man. Incredible stuff.

Reactions: Hoek

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad