GDT: 10/19/2013 - Minnesota Wild @ Florida Panthers - 6:00 - FS-N

Status
Not open for further replies.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
ARE YOU ****ING ******** ME? WE ****ING LOST IN A ****ING SHOOTOUT AFTER DOMINATING THE ****ING GAME?

Jesus ****. I mean, it was alright after dominating first 5 and losing a couple. I mean, we had questionable goaltending at the start of the season, and we looked really good. Now, we still look quite good and Harding has been excellent, but we're also making opposite goalies look like ****ing Vezina candidates every game. Sure, they've played well, but we must finish our chances. We've hit so many posts that right know, Antti friggin' Miettinen would be an improvement on our shooting %. We are the best FO team in the NHL. We give up very few SOG, our corsi is top notch and everyone who knows their **** about the game of hockey has given us nothing but praise.

At this point, you have to question whether it's just luck or is there something else? I never really got Yeo's decision to shuffle the lines prior to this game by the way. Sure, Heatley looked out of place in the 2nd but every other line was clicking and Groundhogdayströmmämminen was really looking good with Poms. We had a good thing going, so OF ****ING COURSE you blow up the lines. I mean, I like what Yeo has done to this team, we look really good, but is some, uh, COMMON SENSE too much to ask?

You know what, I'm pissed that we lost. Especially in a ****ing sideshow gimmick in front of some spoiled-ass kids who probably compare this game, the royal game of hockey to ****ing professional wrestling. But that's not even the worst thing. Yeah, I'll have to rip my bet coupon, too, which had sizeable winnings had we just clinched this one. I mean, I had this in as a must win, and I could've really used the money. But then again, never bet on your team, and I'd be happier to see the Wild win than win some money. So no, that's not why I'm royally, utterly, mind-twistingly, kitten-punchingly, grammar-forgettingly pissed right now.

It's the aftermath. During the next few days, there's going to be a stupid amount of "Trade Koivu" and "Fire Yeo" threads. There's going to be ****ing stackpile of posts from some asswipes who think we should just forget about the playoffs after less than 10 games played. There's going to be the same old circlejerk with their ****ing tongues so high each other's ass that you can open one's mouth and see some brown flesh sticking out from the throat. And for the record, that wasn't flaming, it was a fact. You don't have to be a ****ing Nostradamus to see what's coming.

I'm going for a ****ing smoke. At this rate, I'm a certified chain smoker by Christmas.

^ All of this.

The only thing I am happy about is that Granlund HAS arrived. I don't know what this guy did in the off season but he... has... arrived. He was our best player on the ice. He is never going back down again. What a player he is.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
^ All of this.

The only thing I am happy about is that Granlund HAS arrived. I don't know what this guy did in the off season but he... has... arrived. He was our best player on the ice. He is never going back down again. What a player he is.

YES HE HAS! He should be the center on the top line! Yeo needs to attach Parise to HIS hip instead of Koivu's!

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
koivugranlundtrophy_slide.jpg

hort22

Apr 4, 2013
shootouts:

so does every other team in the league look as helpless as the wild in the shootout.

watching the game tonight...zach misses, they score...mikko misses...did anyone else think that boyes was not gonna score?

purexed

Sep 1, 2013
Minnesota
Anytime the Wild are in a shootout, I feel like the Wild players will miss 100% of the time and the other team will score 100% of the time.

Breakaways too.

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
Anytime the Wild are in a shootout, I feel like the Wild players will miss 100% of the time and the other team will score 100% of the time.

Breakaways too.

Because they have so far. Against the Kings IIRC the same thing happened, none of our guys scored, both of their guys scored.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
how many people gave up on following the Wild after this one? No one? Dammit.

TBH didn't watch. it's on the DVR...probably not going to watch. but it sounds as though we really controlled the game again. And once again, a penalty did us in?

sounds right.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
i feel like you guys should be doing alot better your team looks pretty solid is it mike yeo?

Not entirely.

Lots and lots of angry and irrational posters here will say it definitely is Yeo's fault entirely and that I'm wrong, but really he's made this team look great.

The team just hasn't been able to capitalize on chances. Many, many high quality scoring chances that haven't been buried. Bad luck, lack of chemistry, whatever. It doesn't really matter. For whatever reason they haven't been able to cross that threshold.

It is frustrating to watch as a fan, but there's not much we can do :laugh:

While I personally don't blame this all on Yeo, I would say that if we don't come out of the next seven games(six of which are at home) with at least 8 points, he should be dropped. This team is a playoff contender and if he cannot lead this team through an extended homestand with teams like Calgary, Carolina, Nashville, and New Jersey along with a few tough teams like Montreal and Chicago without going above .500 then sadly I don't think he's up to the cut.

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary

Breakaways too.

No lie...we were like this pre-Huberdeau/Mueller. I think we are set FINALLY with Barkov and Boyes helping out Huberdeau. It only took about 8 years to figure it out for us:help: Good luck in your search.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
No lie...we were like this pre-Huberdeau/Mueller. I think we are set FINALLY with Barkov and Boyes helping out Huberdeau. It only took about 8 years to figure it out for us:help: Good luck in your search.

Technically, this is just a recent thing. Parise and Koivu are both top 5 in the league career-wise in shootouts... just both are 0-2 this year. Harding is typically good in shootouts as well, but he's 0-1 this year.

Haite

x
Jun 27, 2011
Technically, this is just a recent thing. Parise and Koivu are both top 5 in the league career-wise in shootouts... just both are 0-2 this year. Harding is typically good in shootouts as well, but he's 0-1 this year.

Just last season our shooting percentage in shootouts was the third highest in the league. Funny how the human mind forgets.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
ARE YOU ****ING ******** ME? WE ****ING LOST IN A ****ING SHOOTOUT AFTER DOMINATING THE ****ING GAME?

Jesus ****. I mean, it was alright after dominating first 5 and losing a couple. I mean, we had questionable goaltending at the start of the season, and we looked really good. Now, we still look quite good and Harding has been excellent, but we're also making opposite goalies look like ****ing Vezina candidates every game. Sure, they've played well, but we must finish our chances. We've hit so many posts that right know, Antti friggin' Miettinen would be an improvement on our shooting %. We are the best FO team in the NHL. We give up very few SOG, our corsi is top notch and everyone who knows their **** about the game of hockey has given us nothing but praise.

At this point, you have to question whether it's just luck or is there something else? I never really got Yeo's decision to shuffle the lines prior to this game by the way. Sure, Heatley looked out of place in the 2nd but every other line was clicking and Groundhogdayströmmämminen was really looking good with Poms. We had a good thing going, so OF ****ING COURSE you blow up the lines. I mean, I like what Yeo has done to this team, we look really good, but is some, uh, COMMON SENSE too much to ask?

You know what, I'm pissed that we lost. Especially in a ****ing sideshow gimmick in front of some spoiled-ass kids who probably compare this game, the royal game of hockey to ****ing professional wrestling. But that's not even the worst thing. Yeah, I'll have to rip my bet coupon, too, which had sizeable winnings had we just clinched this one. I mean, I had this in as a must win, and I could've really used the money. But then again, never bet on your team, and I'd be happier to see the Wild win than win some money. So no, that's not why I'm royally, utterly, mind-twistingly, kitten-punchingly, grammar-forgettingly pissed right now.

It's the aftermath. During the next few days, there's going to be a stupid amount of "Trade Koivu" and "Fire Yeo" threads. There's going to be ****ing stackpile of posts from some asswipes who think we should just forget about the playoffs after less than 10 games played. There's going to be the same old circlejerk with their ****ing tongues so high each other's ass that you can open one's mouth and see some brown flesh sticking out from the throat. And for the record, that wasn't flaming, it was a fact. You don't have to be a ****ing Nostradamus to see what's coming.

I'm going for a ****ing smoke. At this rate, I'm a certified chain smoker by Christmas.

Thank you for summing it up. This will be my last post here for some time, as I have no desire to be around for those threads and posts or else it will be me needing the professional help.

I am a shrink myself and I'd offer my services but I am just as whacked as everyone else when it comes to Minnesota sports.

I think you would be better off offering your services to the team. I'm serious here. If the team has a mental coach or a sports psychologist, they are needed right now. I actually agree with Yeo on this being a mental thing. Failure is feeding failure right now. They no longer think they will score when they prepare for a shot. That is the biggest issue here. No amount of line juggling will help until that mental knot is opened, because every single player on this team is affected by it. Once they get that done, they can look at the lines again and see what would work the best.

Yeo should not be fired, first of all because there are no good replacements available. Laviolette? No way, we would be nowhere near the playoffs in the West with his system. Second of all, creating more uncertainty and anxiety among the team is the last thing that should be done in this situation.

As for the shootouts, has either one of our goalies saved a single shot in them this season? I know Harding has not although he has been great otherwise, but did Bäckström save any in the 1st game? Either way, obviously there are two things related to the shootout that have to change. One is the scoring and the other one is that the goalie actually needs to make a save or two.

Shawn Heins 44

Sep 22, 2012
Zurich
Well my first post on the Wild forum. Saw my first full Minnesota game yesterday (thanks to the Nino transfer).

There obviously is still a lot of room for improvement, but I like the group, most of the guys are still very young and the potential is definately there.
It was a treat to watch Nino with his new team that actually gives him the chance to play in a positive environment and in positions he can succeed. The point total is still a little low but that will change with time.

Btw, your jerseys (not only the one from yesterday) are so freakin beautiful! The best in the league and its not even close!

I guess you have found a new follower :yo:

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
Ugh. Another game without real chances. That offense is not scary at all. Good thing is that they still keep outplaying teams.

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
^ All of this.

http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/jaakiekk...-granlundille-tarkeita-neuvoja---han-lyo-lapi

Shortened translation, Selanne told him to get his **** together, by the way on that same page has mention Selanne borrowed his car to Vatanen.. Selanne has also said when he quits he may have some intentions to teach scoring to prospects, maybe there's your solution for Wild-problem too.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
Well my first post on the Wild forum. Saw my first full Minnesota game yesterday (thanks to the Nino transfer).

There obviously is still a lot of room for improvement, but I like the group, most of the guys are still very young and the potential is definately there.
It was a treat to watch Nino with his new team that actually gives him the chance to play in a positive environment and in positions he can succeed. The point total is still a little low but that will change with time.

Btw, your jerseys (not only the one from yesterday) are so freakin beautiful! The best in the league and its not even close!

I guess you have found a new follower :yo:

Welcome!

Our team isn't there yet, but they're getting there.

You'll be a heavy drinker in no time;) We're just one, extended, messed up family here:nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad