GDT: 10/19/2013 - Minnesota Wild @ Florida Panthers - 6:00 - FS-N

Status
Not open for further replies.

THEALLKNOWING*

Granlund was the best player on the ice tonight. Why can't he go first on the shoot out with his hands.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
ARE YOU ****ING ******** ME? WE ****ING LOST IN A ****ING SHOOTOUT AFTER DOMINATING THE ****ING GAME?

Jesus ****. I mean, it was alright after dominating first 5 and losing a couple. I mean, we had questionable goaltending at the start of the season, and we looked really good. Now, we still look quite good and Harding has been excellent, but we're also making opposite goalies look like ****ing Vezina candidates every game. Sure, they've played well, but we must finish our chances. We've hit so many posts that right know, Antti friggin' Miettinen would be an improvement on our shooting %. We are the best FO team in the NHL. We give up very few SOG, our corsi is top notch and everyone who knows their **** about the game of hockey has given us nothing but praise.

At this point, you have to question whether it's just luck or is there something else? I never really got Yeo's decision to shuffle the lines prior to this game by the way. Sure, Heatley looked out of place in the 2nd but every other line was clicking and Groundhogdayströmmämminen was really looking good with Poms. We had a good thing going, so OF ****ING COURSE you blow up the lines. I mean, I like what Yeo has done to this team, we look really good, but is some, uh, COMMON SENSE too much to ask?

You know what, I'm pissed that we lost. Especially in a ****ing sideshow gimmick in front of some spoiled-ass kids who probably compare this game, the royal game of hockey to ****ing professional wrestling. But that's not even the worst thing. Yeah, I'll have to rip my bet coupon, too, which had sizeable winnings had we just clinched this one. I mean, I had this in as a must win, and I could've really used the money. But then again, never bet on your team, and I'd be happier to see the Wild win than win some money. So no, that's not why I'm royally, utterly, mind-twistingly, kitten-punchingly, grammar-forgettingly pissed right now.

It's the aftermath. During the next few days, there's going to be a stupid amount of "Trade Koivu" and "Fire Yeo" threads. There's going to be ****ing stackpile of posts from some asswipes who think we should just forget about the playoffs after less than 10 games played. There's going to be the same old circlejerk with their ****ing tongues so high each other's ass that you can open one's mouth and see some brown flesh sticking out from the throat. And for the record, that wasn't flaming, it was a fact. You don't have to be a ****ing Nostradamus to see what's coming.

I'm going for a ****ing smoke. At this rate, I'm a certified chain smoker by Christmas.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
ARE YOU ****ING ******** ME? WE ****ING LOST IN A ****ING SHOOTOUT AFTER DOMINATING THE ****ING GAME?

Jesus ****. I mean, it was alright after dominating first 5 and losing a couple. I mean, we had questionable goaltending at the start of the season, and we looked really good. Now, we still look quite good and Harding has been excellent, but we're also making opposite goalies look like ****ing Vezina candidates every game. Sure, they've played well, but we must finish our chances. We've hit so many posts that right know, Antti friggin' Miettinen would be an improvement on our shooting %. We are the best FO team in the NHL. We give up very few SOG, our corsi is top notch and everyone who knows their **** about the game of hockey has given us nothing but praise.

At this point, you have to question whether it's just luck or is there something else? I never really got Yeo's decision to shuffle the lines prior to this game by the way. Sure, Heatley looked out of place in the 2nd but every other line was clicking and Groundhogdayströmmämminen was really looking good with Poms. We had a good thing going, so OF ****ING COURSE you blow up the lines. I mean, I like what Yeo has done to this team, we look really good, but is some, uh, COMMON SENSE too much to ask?

You know what, I'm pissed that we lost. Especially in a ****ing sideshow gimmick in front of some spoiled-ass kids who probably compare this game, the royal game of hockey to ****ing professional wrestling. But that's not even the worst thing. Yeah, I'll have to rip my bet coupon, too, which had sizeable winnings had we just clinched this one. I mean, I had this in as a must win, and I could've really used the money. But then again, never bet on your team, and I'd be happier to see the Wild win than win some money. So no, that's not why I'm royally, utterly, mind-twistingly, kitten-punchingly, grammar-forgettingly pissed right now.

It's the aftermath. During the next few days, there's going to be a stupid amount of "Trade Koivu" and "Fire Yeo" threads. There's going to be ****ing stackpile of posts from some asswipes who think we should just forget about the playoffs after less than 10 games played. There's going to be the same old circlejerk with their ****ing tongues so high each other's ass that you can open one's mouth and see some brown flesh sticking out from the throat. And for the record, that wasn't flaming, it was a fact. You don't have to be a ****ing Nostradamus to see what's coming.

I'm going for a ****ing smoke. At this rate, I'm a certified chain smoker by Christmas.
I like you. :laugh: :sarcasm: You should be giving the post-game press conferences.

Billy Mays Here*

This rant has been given the Billy Mays Seal of Approval.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.

8/10 You win the Avders Rants seal of quality.

Sportsfan1

Jun 9, 2012
State of Hockey
Seriously, Yeo has refused to break up Koivu and Parise since that crazy summer day in July.

Don't fire Yeo.
Don't trade Koivu.
Split the sisters up and see what happens already!

And if Yeo STILL refuses to grow a pair, then fire him.

You know it's not like they are playing poorly together, they're getting chances, it's just there is just no secondary scoring, so why not spread them out and split them up?

OTT did that with Bobby Ryan and Spezza and that paid immediate dividends.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
You know it's not like they are playing poorly together, they're getting chances, it's just there is just no secondary scoring, so why not spread them out and split them up?

OTT did that with Bobby Ryan and Spezza and that paid immediate dividends.
Maybe he wants the new daddys' to bond. :shakehead

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
Some observations about tonight's contest:

Again no finish from anyone. They had two 5 on 3s and they couldn't finish. You could literally smell the OT loss coming as the 3rd. No hitting again. Checking isn't the whole game, but it's not being taught at all. I'm so sick of the fail from everyone on this team. I may take a break from these overpaid bums for a while after seeing this crap. This team should easily be near the top of the division and instead they are fighting to stay in the middle.

Yeo's line changes didn't help at all. IMO he shouldn't bother getting on the plane to go back to Minnesota. This team is not perfect by any means, but this should be a team on the rise. Instead they look like garbage. We need a better coach period. His system doesn't work and guys are quitting on it already.

Some other stuff:

The ice was atrocious tonight. Either learn how to make ice properly or get out of the NHL. Also, **** Thomas. There are no way his huge pads are legal. When he leaned forward in net they came up to his armpits. Maybe the NHL makes exceptions for Viezna trophy winners, but they have to check those out.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
HA, that last paragraph was talking about you

Nope. Avder is not included, nor are you.

It's rather the usual suspects who step down lower than Lewinsky on Bill Clinton.

But, yeah. I'm not gonna single out anyone. There are some rules in this place after all.

Billy Mays Here*

Nope. Avder is not included, nor are you.

It's rather the usual suspects who step down lower than Lewinsky on Bill Clinton.

But, yeah. I'm not gonna single out anyone. There are some rules in this place after all.

Not gonna lie, this made me chuckle.

plock

Sonic Reducer
Oct 5, 2013
Mill City
Our offensive strategy is pretty one dimensional.The team is doing well in puck possession and passing but it is all focused on getting the puck down low in the paint and jamming it in.There is very little shooting from the hash marks because there is very little work setting those shots up almost all the work is going into setting up the down low stuff.Obviously the down low in the crease jamming game is important but when it becomes the only offensive tactic you use it's fairly predictable and probably won't create a lot of scoring.This is totally on the coaching ,the talent and work effort is there the tactics and strategy are not producing results.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Every Minnesota sports fan should be provided with a complimentary psychologist.

Sometimes, I feel like we have each other here on HF Wild for that purpose.

We're like a family. A really extended, dysfunctional family that would be the subject of countless domestic violence lawsuits, but still a family.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
ppl need to calm down, we're relying on rookies and sophomore's to get 2nd scoring, inconsistent scoring is something we will be seeing for awhile.

What im really glad to see is we actually look like a "team" i like the fact that everyone is all in on the system, and the only problem i see us having is being snake bitten and young guys taking longer than expected to adjust, and thats nothing new. If some of these pipes and bounces go in, we could be a top team.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
ppl need to calm down, we're relying on rookies and sophomore's to get 2nd scoring, inconsistent scoring is something we will be seeing for awhile.

What im really glad to see is we actually look like a "team" i like the fact that everyone is all in on the system, and the only problem i see us having is being snake bitten and young guys taking longer than expected to adjust, and thats nothing new. If some of these pipes and bounces go in, we could be a top team.

"If we just start getting the bounces and nobody gets hurt, this could be a top team!"

It doesn't sound out of place now, but it also didn't sound out of place when the next sentence was, "We just need Latendresse to score 35 goals this year like we all know he's capable of, and we're a lock to go deep in the playoffs!"

We've spent about five years too long using luck as an excuse.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Good teams make their own luck rather than waiting for it to fall into their laps. This team is waiting for the bounces to start falling into their laps.

Casper

30 goal grinder
Mar 23, 2010
MN
Good teams make their own luck rather than waiting for it to fall into their laps. This team is waiting for the bounces to start falling into their laps.

Completely agree. I want to see somebody, anybody get the puck on their stick and drive to the net like their season depended on it. This team needs some damn killer instinct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad