GDT: 10/17/17 - 7:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ New Jersey

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
2nd of a back-to-back against speedy youngsters....Tampa known for giving rookies their first NHL goals....

83206ae67da70662c246b9cca0b92d2da77cae199a14e8d23e102739d5192b2e.jpg

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
Ehh I can't really be certain. It's not really okay for Sergachev to make big mistakes any more than it is for Sustr just because he is a rookie. As for trade bait I have no idea how we can possibly trade Sustr if he is not playing. I feel it more likely that we are making the decision as to whether or not to keep up Sergachev for whole year. As of the last few games I see the light starting to come on for Koekkoek a little bit more than Sergachev. As for Brown he's a very curious case as well. I don't know if he would be on the trading block either but I think it's also clear that Gourde is a more effective solution than he is.

But who knows? If history has taught us anything it's that the Lightning always have at least one thing going on behind the scenes that they do not tell fans about.
Sergachev's mistakes may hurt us just as much as Sustr's from a "winning" perspective, but I'm more willing to tolerate them with the hope of improvement. I'll throw my TV remote across the room far less watching a player in his first year in the pros than I will watching Sustr after what feels like an eternity on the Lightning.

Reactions: Sila v Kucherove

LordZapp

Jan 31, 2015
Texas
Sergachev's mistakes may hurt us just as much as Sustr's from a "winning" perspective, but I'm more willing to tolerate them with the hope of improvement. I'll throw my TV remote across the room far less watching a player in his first year in the pros than I will watching Sustr after what feels like an eternity on the Lightning.

This. Let sergachev go through his growing pains. Hes showing solid improvement.

Reactions: Sila v Kucherove

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Going up against a young team that have been doing really well so far and we're on a b2b, we need to start the game strong and not wait until the 3rd because then it might be to late. Also need to work and help Budaj who haven't played in a while.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
At what point in this game does Hischier score his first in the NHL?

rangerrat

Jan 3, 2010
I think a great fast skating game awaits us, New faces and draft pick in the Devil lineup, Hope our Budja is a rock tonite!!

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Let's go :bolts!!

I'm not hugely worried about Budaj. But Sustr is in for Koekkoek?? Even though one is LD and one is RD? Koekkoek split time with Sergachev so who the heck will Sustr split time with?? Dotchin? Girardi? There's no way in hell he's gonna eat any of Strålman's minutes. I know 7D gives flexibility and the pairs will probably be blenderized but...

This could be.....bad. :puppy:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad