GDT: 10/17/17: 24.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Poor ending for the ending for the Rangers, but at least they scored some goals tonight and came back after being in a hole early. It's an important point. Good on the Pens for coming back, though. Nice to know Kessel had three points.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Irrelevant. It was icing all the way and inexplicably it gets waived off. Maybe that happens all the time and it's something I never noticed.

To me, it looked like the puck hit the Ranger's d-man's (Staal?) stick on the way down. I would guess either it deflected off his stick, or the ref deemed that since it pretty much fell right in front of a Rangers player, it was playable.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I detest how much commercials the NHL tries to fit in in the last 5 minutes.

You mean the 3 commercial breaks from 6:30 to 3:30 in the Leafs game? They're supposed to take 3 breaks per period, one after 14:00, one after 10:00, and 1 after 6:00. But they're not allowed to take them after icings. There were only 4 whistles between 14:00 and the break at 6:30 and all 4 were icings so the 3 commercial breaks all got condensed into the same area.

On the bright side we got 13 and a half minutes of hockey to start the period with a commercial.

Reactions: Johnny Steps

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
To me that looked like an unfortunate incident of Gibbons being super tiny. Would give a penalty for a high stick (think the butt-end might've got him along with the glove), but not a suspension.

Mikeshane

Jan 15, 2013
Trap game for the Sens, going home getting Karlsson back and playing the Canucks probably felt like an easy win.

Reactions: Pyrophorus

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
NHL referees are a f***ing joke. Gibbons punched in the face right in front of the ref and no call.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Irrelevant. It was icing all the way and inexplicably it gets waived off. Maybe that happens all the time and it's something I never noticed. Ranger player on the far side slowed down, so it really did change the whole sequence.

Good road win for the Pens though.

Maybe... Maybe...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad