GDT: #10 | 10/30/2016 | Panthers vs Red Wings | 5:00 PM ET | FS-D+, FS-F

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
You have to pressure the puck carrier in some capacity. When the play shifted to the right and low DK needed to cover the cross crease play.

But DeKeyser was already engaged with a player near the circle. He was hustling back. Smith has to wait for him to get back into position before pressuring... or make damn sure he gets the pass.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
This is likely our team for the season, and management doesn't have the guts to rebuild and retool this team. Vanek has proven to be quite useful so far, but I don't think that Vanek and Nielsen were anything more than bandages. Tats and Nyquist are not going to replace Dats and Z, and Larkin is going to take time to develop into the player we need him to be. This team needs to restock its talent in the same way that other teams around the league do; I think that our organization is competent enough that we wouldn't see a horror story like Edmonton's fans had to go through, but we need to accept a formal rebuild. Time to focus on accurate amateur scouting, take our lumps and draft high, then develop the players this team needs.

I don't want to get into another round of arguing about rebuilds but I do agree that this is the team we have. Up and down, playoff bubble team. It is what it is. Just wish I had tuned in for a better game.

WFIAA

Aug 2, 2016
Mantha should be up this team is starting to not score goals again. One goal in last 7 periods

I think our problem is that we don't have anyone playing well at center, Mantha won't fix that....though I do agree he should be up.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
But DeKeyser was already engaged with a player near the circle. He was hustling back. Smith has to wait for him to get back into position before pressuring... or make damn sure he gets the pass.

And his job is to slide coverage which he did too late and passively.

Heck HHOF Denis Potvin blamed both of them on him on Florida's telecast.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008

Smith can't look behind him to verify if DK is in position. He has to engage he puck carrier and close the distance on him.

If DK is too far out to make the right play, he was out of position.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Dekeyser is playing a ton of tough minutes, he will have games like this. I don't think he is responsible for the entire team being flat out awful offensively for 2+ games now though.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Dekeyser is playing a ton of tough minutes, he will have games like this. I don't think he is responsible for the entire team being flat out awful offensively for 2+ games now though.

Nope the offense isn't all on him. But when we get into bashing the D unit, the fact he has been playing poorly means he isn't going to receive a free pass. He gets lumped in with the other guys that get torched when they don't play well. Especially with what his cap hit is now.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada

When you make 5 million per year, you are counted on for more, and more responsibility falls on your shoulders. He is not playing like a 5 million dollar player. He is playing like he belongs in the ECHL. He has to be way better, and deserves to be called out.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
That was a good looking PP from the kids. Good puck movement, good shots, crashing the net.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Wings win six straight... none of the negative posters are here.

Wings have a rough two games... Boom, all aboard the pitchfork train. Even some of the people who had hope but were skeptical have reverted to blindless bashing.

Calm down. I still see the team as a top three finisher, despite these last two games. Funny, how no one seems to come out in flocks during the win streaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad