OT: 10,000 Pt XLIV - Guitar Things

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
Went ahead and bought a pair of AKG K240 MKIIs. Went for them due to their flat sound profile and open-ear design. Also, since I wear glasses at night, having a big cup that won't sit on my ear is an important feature.
Oh yea those are great. I use the Beyerdynamic DT880s for mix detail stuff and those are on a similar level, same open back design and whatnot

Reactions: slocal

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
Sweet! I wanted to get something before the weekend. Was also looking at the DT770s and the DT990s.
The DT770s were what I was going to recommend if you needed more isolation. They sound great but fidelity-wise the 880s are better. I haven't used the 990s so I can't make a judgement. But yea, good choice with the AKGs, I see those in studios a lot.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Setting aside how incredibly old Bill Murray looks compared to Ernie Hudson and Dan Ackroyd, this looks fun. I enjoyed the last one. And honestly anything that includes the Ecto-1 siren is probably going to make me smile. I don't know what it is about that noise that just pokes the right buttons in my brain.

Reactions: LadyStanley

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
  • Wow
Reactions: drunksage

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
He was one of the best parts of the Mandalorian in addition to all the iconic stuff he's done over the years. The fact that he absolutely loved the child/baby yoda/grogu puppet was always hilarious. Like if you can do something to win adoration from Carl Weathers and Werner Herzog you've done something right.

EDIT:

I didn't know this until today but he actually played 3 years of CFL football with the BC Lions before getting into acting full time.

wlg43c7698gc1.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: landshark

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Any of you guys aquarium people? I got a 40 gallon tank and set it up and stocked up on fish recently. I wanna add a couple more schools of tiny fishies but gotta hold back on expenses a bit.

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
IMG_20240205_164426110.jpg

Was the goodyear blimp. That first pic I happened to catch it when it was pointed right at me. Not gonna lie, it wasn't moving and it kinda freaked me out until it turned and I could see it broadsides...

• Haha

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
If anyone's looking for some good, cheap platforming action game nostalgia, I just got a notification from Humble Bundle that they're offering a package of like 90% of historical Mega Man games for Steam.

Packages range from $2 to $20 US as I write this and at even the cheapest option you get all 6 original NES games plus coupons to buy some newer stuff for 34-50% off (the Mega Man Battle Network collection of GBA games at 50% off and a modified version of what was an Asian-Market-Only Mega Man X inspired gatcha game at 34% off. This version appears to strip out the gatcha elements and its online play to make it more like a classic single player X game). Subsequent tiers unlock Mega Mans 7-10 as a collection, the 8 Mega Man X games, the Mega Man Zero/ZX games, and the newest mainline game, Mega Man 11.

I'm a huge Mega Man nerd and this is a pretty fantastic deal that only has the shortcoming of being Steam exclusive and not allowing you to buy all this stuff on the Switch (where I already have all of it except the refitted gatcha game). Not every game is fantastic (Basically all the PS1/PS2 games are kind of iffy) but the NES and SNES games are great and if you're nostalgic for the strategy RPG setup of Battle Network, then being able to get it for 50% off is a good deal too.

The sale appears to last for the next 2 weeks or so.

Reactions: landshark

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad