Post-Game Talk: 1 more game

Top Shelfer

Bingo Bango!
Dec 22, 2008
The Motor City
Still coming to terms this old arena is going be shuttered and demolished. Gotta admit I still miss the old Tigers Stadium for baseball and the old barn in downtown Windsor where the Spits used to play. New is rarely better for sports arenas unless you work for the press or are a suite owner.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
That was boring and overtime wasn't exciting to make up for it, and we got a point but still lost

pretty much the worst possible outcome

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
I honestly dislike the whole 'well nothing clicked' argument. The issue wasn't lack of clicking. It's the extreme lack of talent up and down the roster.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
17799470_1469181773112690_7819170059063915901_n.jpg

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
A juxtaposition to ponder:

* Detroit currently has a ROW (regulation and overtime win total) of 23.
* 13 of the remaining 29 teams in the league have a ROW over 40.

This roster is most definitely not just a couple good bounces or small fixes away from anything meaningful.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Huzzah! Dallas wins in a shootout! If Buffalo gets at least a point against Tampa, Detroit is locked into 6th, heading into lottery night.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
1 more game...then another 82 next season. I have no idea what I just watched. I get we lost to the St. John Ice Dogs on a Saturday night but it feels much worse than that. This is a sad time for Wings fans and it has nothing to do with JLA.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Meh only another 3-5 more years of this and then the picks will have assembled enough talent to move back into the playoff picture.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
Did you hear the announcers say that teams wanted to trade for him?

One Blurred Eye

Prefer the future.
Sep 27, 2014
Did you hear the announcers say that teams wanted to trade for him?

I'm sure there was some tire pumping going on there as to the exact level of interest Sheahan was garnering at the deadline, but there's always teams looking to improve a weak fourth line or add a competent warm body to the depth chart going into the playoffs in case of injury and whatnot--he's a decent faceoff guy with a defensive game that probably looks and works a lot better on a team with some talent, so I'm sure at least a couple GMs wouldn't have minded adding him at a rock-bottom price, banking on the assumption he's not nearly as bad as his season has been, if Holland had been willing to let him go for a pittance. One team's trash might be another team's four-time Cup-winning grinder, after all.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I honestly dislike the whole 'well nothing clicked' argument. The issue wasn't lack of clicking. It's the extreme lack of talent up and down the roster.
Doesn't help when AA and Mantha are out of the lineup and we play guys like Street/Lorito instead of Svech or Bert.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Sheahan is a good depth player for a cup contending team. And he can still bounce back and score 15. Value at an all time low

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Still coming to terms this old arena is going be shuttered and demolished. Gotta admit I still miss the old Tigers Stadium for baseball and the old barn in downtown Windsor where the Spits used to play. New is rarely better for sports arenas unless you work for the press or are a suite owner.

The Joe is a ****ing dump. Good riddance to that piece of garbage arena.

And...what? :laugh:

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
The Joe is a ****ing dump. Good riddance to that piece of garbage arena.

And...what? :laugh:

I can relate with that. Used to get OHL season tickets in Guelph for around $300. Barrie built the Molson Center, and new rinks popped up everywhere and the ticket prices tripled before my eyes. I cancelled after the 1st year in the Sleeman Center. We had amazing seats in the Memorial Gardens and loved that old barn.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
New is rarely better for sports arenas unless you work for the press or are a suite owner.

Often times they are also better for players with better locker rooms and other facilities but from a fans perspective all the new arenas are cookie cutter and an excuse to jack up prices.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Often times they are also better for players with better locker rooms and other facilities but from a fans perspective all the new arenas are cookie cutter and an excuse to jack up prices.

I'm willing to pay more money for a ticket to a Wings game where I actually have cupholders and space and leg room at my seat and the entire place isn't a ****ing dump like the Joe.

Typically higher quality things cost more. That's how life works.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage

Yep, basically a money spigot for the Ilitch family. Not complaining, just acknowledging reality. Sheehan would be a great fit as a 4th line center. I can understand why teams would be interested in acquiring him for the right price.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad