Post-Game Talk: 1 more game

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
The Joe was a great stadium like Wrigley was great, doesn't mean it wasn't a piece of ****.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
I am really stoked about the new arena. I am excited to see what kind of camera angles they're going to have there. Also hope they have more updated music. The music at the Joe worked because that was it's personality, but the new arena is fresh and new.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
I'm willing to pay more money for a ticket to a Wings game where I actually have cupholders and space and leg room at my seat and the entire place isn't a ****ing dump like the Joe.

Typically higher quality things cost more. That's how life works.

Your hand makes a great cup holder.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I'm willing to pay more money for a ticket to a Wings game where I actually have cupholders and space and leg room at my seat and the entire place isn't a ****ing dump like the Joe.

Typically higher quality things cost more. That's how life works.
I'll miss the boards, though. Those sharp caroms off the end made for some great sneak attacks on offense.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
The Joe was a great stadium like Wrigley was great, doesn't mean it wasn't a piece of ****.

Yeah, I can see people saying in general that many new stadiums aren't needed and a waste of money....I guess I can see the merit in that. But the Joe? That is the dumpiest arena i've ever been to. If there is ever an arena in the history of arenas that needed to be put out to pasture and given an upgrade, it's the Joe.

I'm too young, but apparently people say the Joe was outdated the moment it opened.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Your hand makes a great cup holder.

:handclap::laugh: Awesome reply!

Yeah who cares about compromised ice quality when you've got a wider concourse, more options to eat, and new led lights to stare at. Perfect for the millennial generation that has the attention span of a gnat and can't not look at their phone for 30 seconds. They'd rather wander around taking photographs than watch a hockey game.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009

Yeah who cares about compromised ice quality when you've got a wider concourse, more options to eat, and new led lights to stare at. Perfect for the millennial generation that has the attention span of a gnat and can't not look at their phone for 30 seconds. They'd rather wander around taking photographs than watch a hockey game.

why would the ice quality be compromised exactly?

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago

Stupid millennials and their inability to appreciate ****** venues.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
why would the ice quality be compromised exactly?

With the increase of changeover from events/basketball there is less time to properly flood and shave the ice. It takes several hours to prepare a quality ice surface. You start flooding through the night and morning to be ready to shave ruts out of possibly two pre-game skates, a warmup, and two periods of hardcore hockey. Not saying it will be worse than the Joe but there's a possibility.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Yep, basically a money spigot for the Ilitch family. Not complaining, just acknowledging reality. Sheehan would be a great fit as a 4th line center. I can understand why teams would be interested in acquiring him for the right price.

Sheahan had a bad season. But I really don't think this season should be used as a benchmark for what he is. He's a good 2-way 3rd line center that can pot 14-15 goals per season.

The fact that he has 0 goals this season means nothing to me nor does it change my opinion of him.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Sheahan had a bad season. But I really don't think this season should be used as a benchmark for what he is. He's a good 2-way 3rd line center that can pot 14-15 goals per season.

The fact that he has 0 goals this season means nothing to me nor does it change my opinion of him.
If only that were true...At both ends of the spectrum.

But alas, Abdelkader's agent is a happy man because it's not.

kaner88slo

Apr 8, 2017
Good luck tonight guys, hope you get that W. This would be the only right way to say goodbye to the legendary Joe.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Yep i think i heard the exact same thing, That they're transplanting the boards to the new venue.

Pretty sure Tom Wilson mentioned it.
While I suppose it's still possible to have very different response from the same boards at the new barn, that's fantastic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad