Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 95 6.1%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 19.8%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 28.7%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 277 17.8%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 20 1.3%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.4%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 188 12.1%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 183 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
The Bruins' lack of top end talent is finally catching up to them but this doesn't excuse how scared of losing they have been in the last two games. They have a goalie standing on his head , the opponent's best scorer is out (and they were barely able to score even when he was playing) and yet they still play like they are the heavy underdog who has to be as cautious as possible. Shit is weird.

Soccer has the meme of bald fraud as a way of mocking coaches, maybe we should calling Montgomery bald fraud. :)

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Ooof. I think Leafs are 0-8 with McCauley or something. I know there is a narrative out there that he hates the Leafs. Did he tweet something once or was that someone else? Either the trend continues or odds are Leafs win. Refs shouldn’t play a part in outcomes of 7th games.

Just call it fair and consistent, but don't game manage.

It's not McCauley against the Leafs, it's McCauley against Sheldon Keefe. McCauley's brother in law is David Frost, who abused Keefe when he was younger. He was more of a cult leader than coach. Keefe testified in court against him. It's an obvious conflict of interest and pretty insane the league still assigns him to high profile games coached by Keefe.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Ooof. I think Leafs are 0-8 with McCauley or something. I know there is a narrative out there that he hates the Leafs. Did he tweet something once or was that someone else? Either the trend continues or odds are Leafs win. Refs shouldn’t play a part in outcomes of 7th games.

Just call it fair and consistent, but don't game manage.
He has a bad history with Keefe outside of the NHL. He has a family connection with the person that Keefe testified against.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
So he crosschecked himself into the boards? :laugh:

Marchand still would have gotten 5 and a game.

Marchand has gotten away with almost everything in this series... are you serious?

Lol you mean the one where Kampf is reaching out at the puck so much his head is below the glass?

Still a headshot... but I'd rather they don't call those because he did put himself in a bad position

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Let’s get real, Keefe was a willing participant, not an innocent victim. He followed Frost from Brampton to Deseronto to Barrie. I’m sure he regrets the things he did, but he always had a choice.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Lol you mean the one where Kampf is reaching out at the puck so much his head is below the glass?
I mean the one where McAvoy hits a guy in the head who doesn't even have the puck. Or like the one where he wrestled Matthews down from behind who also didn't have the puck. Can't be crying about the officials when you get away with nonsense like that.

Reactions: Summer Rose

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
So he crosschecked himself into the boards? :laugh:

Marchand still would have gotten 5 and a game.
If the holding the stick call is made, he doesn't get cross-checked into the boards. So if you want to hold the officials accountable and get every call, the call that would be made is holding the stick, play blown dead.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I'd give McAvoy a pass. Bruins are leaning heavily on him; with so many minutes he's bound to make a few mistakes.

On the other hand, I don't get what's happened to Pastrnak. He doesn't look like the same player.
Particularly these past two games, he hasn't been anywhere as dangerous as you'd expect. Seems like the only chances he's getting is when he's firing long range shots on net that either get blocked or miss the net high.

Considering their top two centers (Coyle and Zacha) aren't exactly offensively elite to compensate, they need a lot more from their elite scoring winger.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
McCauley is a standby ref in Nashville tonight. Would hope that means he won't be in Boston tomorrow night. No way he should be doing a game 7 given his situation with Keefe.
No way he should be doing a Leafs game period, the guy is atrocious and he doesn't even have to try it. I believe the Matthews era Leafs are 0-9 in the playoffs in games he calls, with some of the worst officiated games ever.

He's called three game 7's for us, I just want a game called with integrity, and with this clown I know it's not happening. Please anybody else, just not Wes.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
curious to see how leafs fans are feeling, do you feel confident for game 7 or do you still have PTSD?

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Particularly these past two games, he hasn't been anywhere as dangerous as you'd expect. Seems like the only chances he's getting is when he's firing long range shots on net that either get blocked or miss the net high.

Considering their top two centers (Coyle and Zacha) aren't exactly offensively elite to compensate, they need a lot more from their elite scoring winger.
Indeed, Bs need this guy to show up next game, the biggest threat on the ice

curious to see how leafs fans are feeling, do you feel confident for game 7 or do you still have PTSD?
Fluctuating somewhere between the two?

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
No way he should be doing a Leafs game period, the guy is atrocious and he doesn't even have to try it. I believe the Matthews era Leafs are 0-9 in the playoffs in games he calls, with some of the worst officiated games ever.

He's called three game 7's for us, I just want a game called with integrity, and with this clown I know it's not happening. Please anybody else, just not Wes.
McCauley's one of the worst offenders of the "let them play" mantra, except often times it results in NOT letting them play because he lets go too much obvious stuff, but then will randomly call one or two penalties that weren't even that egregious just to make sure he reaches his quota of 2 PPs per game.

Reactions: AvroArrow

Ghost of Murph

Dec 23, 2023

0-4 in game 7s he has reffed according to what I read this morning. I get the whole Leafs choke in game 7s, but it's not a good look for the NHL if they keep trotting McCauley out for Toronto playoff games, especially given their record in games he refs. Plenty of refs to choose from.

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
I think you’ve been clowned on enough for this, but I’m still going to pile on because you deserve it

Share your opinion when you have an actual hockey team, sens are absolute dog shit and you should feel shame

The image is still damn funny. Clown him (and me) when the Leafs win the cup, not after they won game 6 of the first round smh.

Brady Tkachuk has never played a playoff game… note only option is regular season on NHL stats page.

And you'd still want him on your team just like the other 31 GMs

I hate the Sens just as much as the next guy btw

Reactions: TheNumber4

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
McCauley's one of the worst offenders of the "let them play" mantra, except often times it results in NOT letting them play because he lets go too much obvious stuff, but then will randomly call one or two penalties that weren't even that egregious just to make sure he reaches his quota of 2 PPs per game.

Earlier this year. He's literally standing like 4 feet away from the play watching it happen, Lily misses significant time, no call. I just can't stand this guy. One or two missed calls sure, but it seems like there are a significant amount of dirty plays like that to go uncalled whenever he is officiating our games, always in favor of the opposition.

Also he likes to be the center of attention all the time. Guys straight up trash at his job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad