GDT: #1 Devils vs Islanders: First of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

MachoDiablo

Mar 12, 2012
Jersey City
I intend to save this for the playoffs again, but dear Lord, it's been seven entire months.

Thus, it is time.

kazanddanielsstyle.gif

Dancing_mascots.gif

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't know what to think about Marty. I'm thinking he could either start out slow like last year, or surprise us a little bit this year. I also wouldn't be surprised if he had a piss poor game like that one in Washington two years ago. After that we will have a Marty's done thread for sure.

At least when he wasn't good early last year it's not like he was costing us games. Aside from that game against Toronto when he first came back from injury. He still had an over 500 record those first few months.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
It's the Islanders. They always play us tough, but we know we're probably better than them.

Of course, if we lose the board will have a meltdown.

Nah, not when you look at the roster they'll be opening the season with.

But fo rizzle, they should still win this.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I took Tavares and Okposo in both of my fantasy leagues. Hopefully they both light us up tomorrow.

Of course, I mean when Patty, Zids, Trav Trav, and Greene aren't on the ice to get minuses.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I am with Manilla on this one, this line up isn't going to be the final lineup or the potential playoff lineup if we get there. Still there is a lot of talent there, and our most talented player is in much better shape then most players in the league right now. I trust Lou and Pete to be able to pull the best out of what we have and what we will have.

I trust the guys we have to score enough goals until someone breaks out or help gets flown in, and I trust our fat goalie. I definitely trust our new captain and the D corps he is leading to keep enough pucks out to get wins.

I wanted to see what Butler could to do, but there might of been a reason he didn't make the cut. Let's see what Tedy and Matteau have to offer and go from there. Lou already is on record saying he won't be making any changes until 10 games in.

Definitely don't trust Cam's hockey skills, but Manilla again said it best goons have their use, especially when you play in the Atlantic. As long as we have to play the Flyers period, and have the chance of Torts pulling **** like having goons take the starting face off, I want Cam around to punch someone in the face. Baby Gio is to small to be doing that nonsense.

Wyrmidon

Mar 5, 2011
New Haven, CT
Can't wait. For puck drop, to see how our younger guys look this year, to see Marty back in net, to see Stevens behind the bench, for the new powerplay. Can't wait.

Even with the sour taste of the lockout, I'm anxious to see the Devils back on the ice.

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
Well, our lucky Canuck is here. We're ****ing winning this game now. Early GDT be damned.

P.S. - See you guys in the Final :D

haha, devils are easily my number 2 now. solid group of posters here. Expect to see me more often :yo:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Stay with us our Vancouver buddy! Maybe we'll bring some nice presence to your GDT's, and may the luck be with you!:handclap:

I am really excited about our PP. A little worried about the PK, but the PP I'm excited. At least if it really is the way they advertised today. There also isn't a jabroni behind the net trying weak stuff ins. That's a nice change!:yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad