GDT: 1/3/14 - 9:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Calgary

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
ELEVEN point cushion on a playoff spot with two games at hand.

Boy, those 2012/2013 Syracuse Crunch can play.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Really a solid road game. Good job everyone.

Bishop was the man again tonight but he probably got the easiest shutout of his NHL-career or at least his easiest shutout in Lightning uniform. Got to give credit to Rämö, we could've easily scored four more goals. I always liked him and it's nice to see him doing well.

It's amazing how many times Kucherov gets robbed on those breakaways. As soon as he figures that out, look out. He's easily the most exciting prospect on this team besides Vasilevski.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Really a solid road game. Good job everyone.

Bishop was the man again tonight but he probably got the easiest shutout of his NHL-career or at least his easiest shutout in Lightning uniform. Got to give credit to Rämö, we could've easily scored four more goals. I always liked him and it's nice to see him doing well.

It's amazing how many times Kucherov gets robbed on those breakaways. As soon as he figures that out, look out. He's easily the most exciting prospect on this team besides Vasilevski.

The fact that Kuch is getting these opportunities is very promising. It's pretty much every game he gets in alone. And he sent Thompson in alone about 15 seconds earlier.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Anyway, that was as good as a road game you can play. Palat was outstanding at both ends. Good stuff.

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
Only got to see the 3rd and pretty drunk so "seeing" is an overstatement.

Why does every goalie play their best game against us??? I really wanted Marty to score on the flames for old times sake...

Bishop for president? **** you team USA. I think I'm rooting for Canada this year unless they leave Marty off. Then I will be rooting for Sweden.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Johnson: "Hey Kuch, I bet I can miss more breakaways then you!"

Kucherov: "You little... get over here you rascal! Nobody misses more breakaways then me!"

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
I can't believe we only got two goals this game. That Calgary defense is probably the worst I've seen all season.

Darth Corgi

Dec 23, 2011
Florida
Great game. On to the Edmonton.

Thanks for sharing your game story XCatalyst! Great times.

How did you end up a Lightning fan all the way up there? Where you originally from FL?

Let's go Bolts!!

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Very happy with win.

Very disappointed in third period overall. Getting hemmed in a couple times was not happy at all was interesting to see with 2 minutes left fourth line out there etc..

Bishop nothing to say but US REALLY?

Kucherov and palat their hockey IQ not just on scoring chances every game seems to be a point own end little pass to start a movement etc.. just amazed and feel blessed to watch this team.

Scary to think we have the best player in hockey coming at some point to this team.

This is a team now. They don't look like rookies no more. They look legit to me.

Silver Tuna

Easy on the Pepsi!!
Jun 4, 2011
Georgetown, ON
Kucherov is unbelievable. Can't wait until he's leaned on more by coop to carry the team. Can't believe how many breakaways he gets and how he gets stoned on them. The one last night was robbery. He deeked me off the couch it was so sick.
His quick hands on defense, much like flip are making him easily one of my favs on the team.

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
Very happy with win.

Very disappointed in third period overall. Getting hemmed in a couple times was not happy at all was interesting to see with 2 minutes left fourth line out there etc..

Bishop nothing to say but US REALLY?

Kucherov and palat their hockey IQ not just on scoring chances every game seems to be a point own end little pass to start a movement etc.. just amazed and feel blessed to watch this team.

Scary to think we have the best player in hockey coming at some point to this team.

This is a team now. They don't look like rookies no more. They look legit to me.

Don't get ahead of yourself, I think Drouin is capable of being a game breaking forward, but its a 99 percent possibility that Crosby will still be better, and I can't stand that ****ing cry baby and I'm saying that. :cry:

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Glad we showed up and took care of business but lets remember that this is possibly the least talented roster in the league. Let's not wet ourselves because we beat a terrible team.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Great game. On to the Edmonton.

Thanks for sharing your game story XCatalyst! Great times.

How did you end up a Lightning fan all the way up there? Where you originally from FL?

Let's go Bolts!!

The lightning came into the league the same year I started playing hockey. I chose to cheer for a team starting out just as I was. As for why I chose the lightning over the sens well lightning is far cooler than
a senator.

One last thing from last night.
When they announced the three stars Bishop was the only one who actually appeared. He came out of the tunnel stood in the bench area lifted his stick them literally turned around and ran back down the tunnel. It was so odd it caused me and my best friend to laugh.

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
Glad we showed up and took care of business but lets remember that this is possibly the least talented roster in the league. Let's not wet ourselves because we beat a terrible team.

Seeing as how we normally beat the teams we shouldn't and struggle against teams we should beat, yeah we're pretty happy this game went well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad