GDT: 1/3/14 - 9:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Calgary

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Huh... weird. Don't know what's up with that. I'd be pissed if I were a Flames fan, but I don't know what else the ref is supposed to do.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
The locals are getting restless. To be fair that was a pretty bad set of circumstances. I do feel they have a right to air those grievances.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Omg, you'd think that Calgary is pouring in goals that are all getting waved off with how often they are booing and *****ing. Ref lost sight of the puck, he'll blow the whistle there every time.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Exactly. I'm willing to bet Palat and Johnson have the largest defensive responsibilities of any rookies and they are still putting up points.

And wow, bad whistle there. At least blow it when it's down in the other end, not when play is just re-entering our zone

This. I mention it once in a while on the main board and it gets no traction. Johnson's 3 points behind MacKinnon (I think), kills penalties, is on the ice in the last minute, plays against the opposing team's top line, plays #1C etc etc etc.

He should at least be in the conversation. But game after game, go to another team's GDT and you'll see "Who's Johnson?"

He's the guy that's about to shut your team down and get robbed three times by your goalie.

Tampa Bay Kiwi

Apr 23, 2013
Exactly. I'm willing to bet Palat and Johnson have the largest defensive responsibilities of any rookies and they are still putting up points.

And wow, bad whistle there. At least blow it when it's down in the other end, not when play is just re-entering our zone

Your exactly right, I saw a stat on Bleacher report the other day about the rookies who've faced the highest quality of opponent. Jones and Johnson were the two leaders by a lot. Palat diddn't figure into it since he wasn't even considered in the Calder race.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
2nd intermission entertainment.

People bowling

Large styrofoam pins and people are put in a huge along shot riding a circle sled and have to get as many pins knocked down as possible.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Your exactly right, I saw a stat on Bleacher report the other day about the rookies who've faced the highest quality of opponent. Jones and Johnson were the two leaders by a lot. Palat diddn't figure into it since he wasn't even considered in the Calder race.

Well you know that Palat is very near Johnson in that statistic since they are linemates at ES, PK, and PP

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
This. I mention it once in a while on the main board and it gets no traction. Johnson's 3 points behind MacKinnon (I think), kills penalties, is on the ice in the last minute, plays against the opposing team's top line, plays #1C etc etc etc.

He should at least be in the conversation. But game after game, go to another team's GDT and you'll see "Who's Johnson?"

He's the guy that's about to shut your team down and get robbed three times by your goalie.

I lol'd.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Barbs looks like he's getting confidence again. Probably has to do with the fact that this Flames team aren't the smoothest skaters in the world.

jg39

SFY is great
Aug 16, 2007
NC
Or you Floridians (? :nod:) don't drink enough.

We save our heaviest drinking for things like tropical storms/hurricanes/hurricane parties and other natural disasters where our minds must be Jim Lahey razor-sharp.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad