Injury Report: 1/23/2018 - Joe Thornton injuiry

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
The Kane-Pavelski-Donskoi line is fine for now but I doubt it will be to a point where it's unbreakable when Thornton comes back.

Kane-Thornton-Pavelski
Hertl-Couture-Labanc
Meier-Tierney-Boedker
Goodrow-Fehr-Karlsson/Ward

They're not going to bump Tierney to the 4th line no matter what. The chances of Thornton not being with Pavelski is slim to none.

No Way Labanc should be on the 3rd and Boedker on the 4th the way each is playing right now.

Kane-Thornton-Pavelski
Hertl-Couture-Donskoi
Meier-Tierney-Boedker
Goodrow-Fehr-LeBanc/Karlsson/Ward

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Hey guys, maybe keep the roster discussion to the roster discussion thread. I keep coming in this thread expecting an update on Jumbo only to be disappointed.

I don't think you can really have a thread like this without that sort of discussion.

Broiler19

Oct 27, 2008
Winnipeg, MB
Looking more and more bleak as the days go by with no news of the big guy on the ice that he won’t be coming back this season/or playoffs...

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Looking more and more bleak as the days go by with no news of the big guy on the ice that he won’t be coming back this season/or playoffs...

If i remember correctly last year there was no oh he is back at practice skating either. It was just game 3 and he was back.

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA

Little to no injury updates are par for the course with this organization unfortunately. I don't think it's indicative of if/when Joe is coming back.

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
Per two days ago

Logan
“He’s still around every day and you see him working. You just can’t know what the timeframe is with him. He came back so quickly last time,” Couture said. “He still hasn’t skated, obviously. He has to go through a lot of steps, so we need to focus on the group we do have.”

Kane
“Jumbo is a huge piece. It’s going to be great to have him back when he does come back,” he said. “My belief in our group to finish off strong here and be able to make a run is very high.”

I don't know, but sounds like he's going to run out of time. More and more it looks like he's not going to put on the skates until the very last second and if doesn't hurt he'll play. I just don't know how competitive you can be at that point.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Doug said he thought Joe would get back on the ice in the next 2 weeks on March 1st. There's been no word since then, and we obviously don't know if he's skating. Getting more concerned by the day.

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
I would be surprised if Thornton missed the playoffs. Look what he played with last season? I doubt his injury could be much worse than that.

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
Thanks, Obama/Boedker. This really puts a damper on the playoff chase. We might be able to make a surprise deep run with a relatively healthy Jumbo but without him we got no chance. Was the timeline 6-8 weeks? How long has it been now?

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Not calling for his head at all, just would prefer upfront information. I know we aren’t getting that though, so, it is what it is.
Didn't mean to imply you were; was speaking generally.

Who knows. There could be a setback no one is talking about. Wilson never talks about injuries or when playera return so for him to say Jumbo was going to return to the ice, he muat have been fairly certain. I don't think he purposely gave misleading or bad info.

Church Hill

I'd drink it
Nov 16, 2007
Not calling for his head at all, just would prefer upfront information. I know we aren’t getting that though, so, it is what it is.

When did Wilson ever mislead you? He said clear as day that he doesn't know. He "expects" him to skate in X weeks, but also says in the same article "If Thornton doesn't come back, it won't be because of a lack of trying". The Sharks have been transparent, you've just read too much into it and created your own false hope.

Also I'm about 99% sure Thornton will play again this season/playoffs.

SharksCyclops

May 4, 2010
Bay Area
As weird as it sounds, Jumbo sent in a video tweet to Brodie and Brownie during the pregame show, and it made me oddly comfortable to see him out of the lurch. Nothing he said would indicate his return, but he was there with a smile.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
As weird as it sounds, Jumbo sent in a video tweet to Brodie and Brownie during the pregame show, and it made me oddly comfortable to see him out of the lurch. Nothing he said would indicate his return, but he was there with a smile.

It was very nice to see that and also very nice to see his commercial with Burns. I really love Joe Thornton and can't see him anywhere but here. We're all getting used to hockey without him and writing up our Tavares lineups for 2018-2019 without him but I think he's a Shark until he retires.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad