GDT: 1/18/24 - 7:00PM EDT - Minnesota vs Tampa Bay

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Looks like the offense was rolling again tonight. Despite the hideous defensive gaffes, 2 points secured and 4 in a row!

Luckily those defensive gaffes can be isolated to just one or two players. So excited for Sergachev and Cernak and Fleury to be back.

Crozier doesn't look like a HOF out there but at least he's been pretty stable if Cernak goes down again.

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
Every time you think the Caps are going to fade off into the sunset they then find a way to get another W. And they're doing it with Ovie putting donuts on the scoresheet. It's becoming annoying. And the Flyers, WTF?! Gonna be dogfight all the way to the end just to get in

Nevermind, I think I get it.

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
Luckily those defensive gaffes can be isolated to just one or two players. So excited for Sergachev and Cernak and Fleury to be back.

Crozier doesn't look like a HOF out there but at least he's been pretty stable if Cernak goes down again.
Tonight's defensive gaffes could be isolated to a couple of players but even with our regulars we have been a shit team defensively all season so we'll see what we look like when they return. Our little win streak has been against bottom feeders or badly slumping teams but we got smoked by the Bruins and Jets just before. Not ready to say this isn't a tease yet. And Vasy still isn't where he needs to be.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Tonight's defensive gaffes could be isolated to a couple of players but even with our regulars we have been a shit team defensively all season so we'll see what we look like when they return. Our little win streak has been against bottom feeders or badly slumping teams but we got smoked by the Bruins and Jets just before. Not ready to say this isn't a tease yet. And Vasy still isn't where he needs to be.
🎶Every party needs a pooper thats why they invited you. Party pooper. 🎶

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay

Point taken on strength of schedule, but I don't agree, this clearly isn't the same team that was overwhelmed defensively to start the year where everyone was outmatched and we got outshot almost every game by double digits. I don't have advanced stats in front of me, but I'd venture to guess our shot suppression has improved drastically, because guys like Raddysh, Fleury, and Lilleberg have stepped up to take dzone starts away from Hedman.

The only two players who can't seem to handle NHL forecheck and speed are Perbix and De Haan. Yeah, we are still going to get scored on against good players but there is no excuse for being out of position or turning the puck over.

Like you mentioned, it will be interesting to see what happens when Sergachev returns.

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
Point taken on strength of schedule, but I don't agree, this clearly isn't the same team that was overwhelmed defensively to start the year where everyone was outmatched and we got outshot almost every game by double digits. I don't have advanced stats in front of me, but I'd venture to guess our shot suppression has improved drastically, because guys like Raddysh, Fleury, and Lilleberg have stepped up to take dzone starts away from Hedman.

The only two players who can't seem to handle NHL forecheck and speed are Perbix and De Haan. Yeah, we are still going to get scored on against good players but there is no excuse for being out of position or turning the puck over.

Like you mentioned, it will be interesting to see what happens when Sergachev returns.
I, obviously, hope you are right about having turned a corner defensively but I'm going to need to see it against top teams and on the road before I'm buying. 28th in the league in goals against more than half way through the season didn't happen by accident.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Didn’t catch the game but happy to see Merela got a goal after working his way back to the bigs. Also good on the Bolts for taking care of business at home going 4-0-0. I was a little worried what those few days off might do after the Anaheim win.

De Haan only playing 16:23, 11 seconds more than Crozier might be telling. Lilleberg meanwhile goes on up to 19 minutes for the first time. It’ll be interesting when Fleury comes back to see how this shakes out on the left side.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00