Pre-Game Talk: 1/11 v. Boston

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfranz94

Jan 16, 2014
New York

Thats pretty crazy. Hank will get it together at some point, but he has been really bad lately. Can't get on him too much though, since he carried the team for the first 20 games. Now that the team is playing much better, hank is playing much worse. It's frustrating that they are rarely playing well at the same time. It always seems like it's one or the other thats playing well.

Florida Ranger

Bring back Torts!
Sep 2, 2008
Wesley Chapel, FL
I'm not much of a Lindberg fan. However, he's one of the last players I think should be scratched. Scratch Fast, Glass or Megna. I understand the "chemistry" thing for the 4th line, but getting the right players in supersedes the chemistry of just the 4th line.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY

Save percentage is a slightly better statistic, but is still hardly perfect. It at least takes into account how many shots a goaltender faces, but that is still not something that a goaltender can control. Also, as pointed out in a previous article, a high shot total doesn’t really have a negative effect on a goalie’s save percentage anyway.

Goals against average is basically save percentage, but without the filter of knowing what kind of workload a goaltender has been getting.

As far as goaltender evaluating is concerned, goals against average is basically a crummier, low-brow version of save percentage. All it does is muddle people’s perceptions of goaltender performance.

Simply looking at his goals against average tells nothing except for the end result. It gives no information of how the goaltender got to that number.

The factors omitted by goals against average contain the information that we should be judging goaltenders with, instead of glorifying the end result.

http://ingoalmag.com/analysis/its-time-to-scrap-goals-against-average/

When it comes to evaluating a goaltender, three statistics in particular have been looked at throughout most of history. Those three stats are wins, goals against average and save percentage. While all three categories still have some merit, they have become somewhat outdated. Wins and goals against average are better looked at as a team statistic and is actually a very poor way to evaluate an individual goaltender’s performance. Even save percentage isn’t perfect. It can be skewed depending on the quality of team that the goaltender plays for.

http://ingoalmag.com/analysis/gsaa-essential-statistic-evaluating-goaltenders/

Jun 16, 2015
Did you see Jagr's goal that Talbot allowed. That has nothing to do which team he is playing for. He went brutal with Oilers.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
I understand the "chemistry" thing for the 4th line, but getting the right players in supersedes the chemistry of just the 4th line.
You could argue this 4th line doesn't even have good chemistry. A 4th line with amazing chemistry was Boyle-Moore-Dorsett/Carcillo. I don't think I've seen one thing out of Tanner Glass to suggest he has chemistry with anything involving ice hockey.

Deleted member 23124

There's no possible way he actually "feels" this way about these roster players... This HAS to be a cover up...

Is there a serious retool going on behind-the-scenes game? Are we secretly tanking, or preparing for major changes this offseason?

If not, he's officially lost his mind...

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you... Chip Kelly... (yes, I'm pushing that narrative hard because its so true)

The only thing I can say is that there had better be a major deal in the works for one of the d-men currently in the line-up...that's the only reason I'll accept for McIl in the press box for so long.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
The only thing I can say is that there had better be a major deal in the works for one of the d-men currently in the line-up...that's the only reason I'll accept for McIl in the press box for so long.

Please be to rid Staal/Girardi by any means necessary. Maybe call the Manitowoc police department to frame them for something? :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad