Post-Game Talk: 08-Jan-2014 OTT at COL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
He makes valid points about Karlsson's terrible play this season, and points out the hypocrisy of fans like you who can some how be super critical of Spezza, but can't let anyone point out the truth about Karlsson.

EK has been pretty bad by his standards all season, and is nowhere near as good as he was at the beginning of last season. His decision making lacks consistency, as does his effort. His defensive play is also pretty bad, perhaps that's why Milo didn't give him his stick... ;)

His offense is there as a playmaker, but he rarely rushes the puck and while dangerous, is not nearly as dangerous as he once was.

That's the truth, deal with it.

I am fine with him criticizing karlsson, but as long as he criticizes spezza as well. It seems like he is unable to do that though no matter how bad spezza plays. So he is also a hypocrite.

Last edited:

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
i don't see any Sens fans hoping for a Norris even though he's near the top in D scoring, which suggest that by and large everyone already knows of his deficiencies this season.

WHuuuuuuuuuuuut? Not true at all, which is why people get panties in a bunch when CJ mentions Karlsson's poor play (which he does as means to show so called levelheaded fans that they are in fact biased).

And not hoping for a Norris? He's been Mike Green bad this year! I have faith that he'll get it all together but if you're trying to tell me that people have been hard on Karlsson this year, or at least honest with his play, like they have been towards Spezza and others, I don't know what to say.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I am fine with him criticizing karlsson, but as long as he criticizes spezza as well. It seems like he is unable to do that though no matter how bad spezza plays. So he is also a hypocrite.

Pretty much every third post about Spezza I write has said that he's played badly. I don't think you know what a hypocrite is. I also think that my criticisms of Spezza are mostly ignored because it doesn't fit the anti-Spezza agenda. Defending Spezza against idiocy isn't bias towards him it's just being annoyed with the constant lack of respect he gets as a player that has been elite his entire career and given a lot to this team. He has had a bad year up to this point and he's still been very productive by regular standards.

I don't need to criticize Spezza most of the time because there's about 100 people constantly overstating his shortcomings, and downplaying Karlsson's. Outside of this board I'm very complimentary of Karlsson (main boards, etc.) but it's hard to do so here when it is believed he can do no wrong.

The truth is that I want every player that plays in Ottawa to succeed, which is more than I can say about some of the other 'fans' on this board.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Pretty much every third post about Spezza I write has said that he's played badly. I don't think you know what a hypocrite is. I also think that my criticisms of Spezza are mostly ignored because it doesn't fit the anti-Spezza agenda. Defending Spezza against idiocy isn't bias towards him it's just being annoyed with the constant lack of respect he gets as a player that has been elite his entire career and given a lot to this team. He has had a bad year up to this point and he's still been very productive by regular standards.

I don't need to criticize Spezza most of the time because there's about 100 people constantly overstating his shortcomings, and downplaying Karlsson's. Outside of this board I'm very complimentary of Karlsson (main boards, etc.) but it's hard to do so here when it is believed he can do no wrong.

The truth is that I want every player that plays in Ottawa to succeed, which is more than I can say about some of the other 'fans' on this board.

I've disagreed with you a lot in other threads, but I endorse this post.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Currently Shea Weber has 5 less GA on in 4 less games. He also provides less offensively. Would Nsh be better without him? Keith has 11 less Goals against (it would only be 8 less if you evened out the toi keeping pace), but faces much lower QOC and he's a norris favourite.

While Karlsson hasn't been great defensively, your kidding yourself if you think the team is better with him off the ice.

Byfugliens GA per min is significantly worse than Karlsson's btw, it's about the same gap as Karlsson's to Keith's.

I never said such thing. I just think Karlsson is capable of much more, he's coming back from a freak injury and he is still a top player in the game. I will be very patient with him, I know he will be back, he's a generational talent.

However, I'm also saying that this board has double standards for players like Alfredsson and Karlsson. There's an heavy bias going around (not only about Spezza/Karlsson) and you're way too brilliant for not noticing it.

That being said, I know I'm captain obvious because it goes as the human nature goes, people are biased in all kind of ways. The degrees vary depending on the emotional involvement, and that's why I think being fanatical is never a good thing (fan vs fanatic). Knowing that, I try to stay rational and "even keel" as most as I can

Glad you are not our GM........That is horrible

Tyson Barrie is very good and will become even better, don't take him as a scrap in the deal.

Matt Duchene is a beauty (and much younger) and Spezza has 1.5 years left on his contract and some injuries issues with a declining 2-way play. Not even sure if Avs fans would like that deal.

Duchene, Turris, Zibanejad down the middle is Cup material, (for at least a longer time than with Spezza). Duchene's speed is deadly.

Cowen-Ceci
Methot-Barrie
Wiercioch-Wikstrand

Shouldn't be too bad as well

That's a horrible deal (Karlsson + Spezza for Duchene + Barrie) but he is right that this board is incredibly biased towards Karlsson. Even the game against Colorado was far from great, and he's been pretty awful defensively this year. He's a great talent, but he definitely has his shortcomings. He has not been a top defenceman in the league this year.

Think about the positives! You wouldn't have to read Spezza bashing every 2 posts!

Last edited:

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
but if you're trying to tell me that people have been hard on Karlsson this year, or at least honest with his play, like they have been towards Spezza and others, I don't know what to say.
They've been plenty hard on Karlsson. Spezza has been criticized far beyond what he deserves, but it doesn't mean Karlsson hasn't been criticized.

PaGEEsBack

tell a friend
Aug 6, 2013
I think the main difference there is Karlssons actually been playing. Injuries always intensify the spot light and give doubters that little bit more fuel to keep that fire burning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad