Post-Game Talk: 08-Jan-2014 OTT at COL

Status
Not open for further replies.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
last year, the refs missed an into-the-netting whistle and cost erik karlsson his season. Stuff happens.

qft.

As a fan of one of the most penalized teams in the entire league, my sympathy isn't exactly overflowing.

Colorado fans seem to enjoy gloating quite a bit, based on discussions on their board.

arglebargle

Feb 27, 2008
Someone told me this Today and am shocked if it's true. :amazed:

We have never Beat Colorado/Quebec ever in our 22 years in the League (not counting lockouts!)

Not really shocked because Quebec were short of a Goalie/Champions in the early 90's then moved to Colorado and instantly won Stanley Cups with ROY in nets and have had great teams ever since, but not even recently???????

Dunno if that's true, but it wouldn't be surprising. For one the two teams haven't played against each other much since '96 before which Ottawa was terrible, and for another Colorado was a powerhouse team up until the lockout.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Dunno if that's true, but it wouldn't be surprising. For one the two teams haven't played against each other much since '96 before which Ottawa was terrible, and for another Colorado was a powerhouse team up until the lockout.

Maybe first time IN Colorado or IN Quebec City???? :dunno:

And ya, also Colorado is a Western Team, so we didn't play them much!

moz

Gute Post
Oct 30, 2006
Ottawa
Ok, thought that was wild. Maybe first time IN Colorado or IN Quebec City???? :dunno:

Either way, glad to hear it ain't true!

6-2 win in Denver, too lazy to see if the other ones were home or away. Lots of ties between the two franchises, too (edit: and three of the past four meetings have been OT losses, since you were just asking about points).

GirardIsStupid

Dec 15, 2002
Visit site
What's the point of this post? Simply to gloat? Your team got away with murder last night and you decide to get the old salt shaker out while the wound is fresh?

Am I gloating? I'm just trying to set the record straight. I listened to your radio station last night and all I heard was how lucky the Avalanche were.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Am I gloating? I'm just trying to set the record straight. I listened to your radio station last night and all I heard was how lucky the Avalanche were.

If you were expecting hero worship of your team, maybe give up fewer high-quality scoring opportunities next time.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Would you say when you hit iron 4 times and every time it goes out and not in to be somewhat fortunate? Especially when the game was won in overtime?

WORLDSTARHIPHOP

Sens <<<<<<<<<< NHL
May 31, 2008

These things happen when a team hits 5 posts, including one that went off the butt-end of the stick and into the crossbar.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Colorado applied the pressure when they needed to and did what was required to win the game.

That's the story.

GirardIsStupid

Dec 15, 2002
Visit site
If you were expecting hero worship of your team, maybe give up fewer high-quality scoring opportunities next time.

I'm not expecting anything like that. But, the media put forth an interesting perspective and neglected some things that went the Senators way.

GirardIsStupid

Dec 15, 2002
Visit site
These things happen when a team hits 5 posts, including one that went off the butt-end of the stick and into the crossbar.

And the Avalanche hit 2 posts while the referees gave you guys a huge PP. I realize the Senators played better. But, the game was more even than the media suggested. At least when it came to luck or no luck.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
And the Avalanche hit 2 posts while the referees gave you guys a huge PP. I realize the Senators played better. But, the game was more even than the media suggested. At least when it came to luck or no luck.

I care more about the two points than what some fans/media on some other part of the continent thinks.

WORLDSTARHIPHOP

Sens <<<<<<<<<< NHL
May 31, 2008

I don't think you realize it yet, nobody in Ottawa takes our media seriously. At all.

83DIZ65

Sep 8, 2011
halifax
He rarely does, people are just looking for a scape goat. I dont know why they choose Kassian when there are so many other obvious choices.

Completely unrelated to what I just wrote but is it just me or is Ceci looking like the best all around D man on the team right now? His battle play in his own zone is unreal, he always gets his shots through and breaks out controlled. I am so excited about this player, I was also way off on this one. Every time I saw him play for the 67's I was left underwhelmed well now its the complete opposite! Think he can keep this up? Or is he on a Pageau esque call up hot streak?

I seem to remember early on in the season having pretty much the whole board tell me i was wrong when I said that Ceci was the most disserving player of a call up and that he was just about the best player in the ahl......well to you all I say HA! Kid is a beast, and I've known it for a while.....aparently before the vast majority of you who would have called up claeson and would have been wrong...:D lol but seriously though he's been our best d since he got called up and with the style he plays I cant see him doing anything but improving. Also his pressence makes weircioch expendable/tradebait.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I was wrong about being against calling up Ceci.

At the time, I didn't think he was ready and that it was unfair to bring him up into a losing culture on a struggling team.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
I was really impressed with the skill level of the Avs' top forwards. With those young guns in the stable, the future looks very bright for that team providing they can pick up a couple more high end D.

The Sens played very well in stretches, but when they pressed they could not manage to get a goal that would give them a two goal lead. Full credit to the Avs for coming from behind and stealing it away. In the end taking a point out of this game is a reasonably good result, especially in a tight playoff race.

Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa

Karlsson's stick breaking in OT was an amazing play by the AVs!

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
This post is ass backwards, Cowen is aweful. Karlsson is carrying him what exactly was he doing on the last goal?

Sure he messed up on the OT goal but Karlsson is hardly carrying him. Karlsson has too many issues of his own to be carrying anyone.

harvey

Jun 5, 2006
Ottawa
Sure he messed up on the OT goal but Karlsson is hardly carrying him. Karlsson has too many issues of his own to be carrying anyone.

We have a very young group of defencemen that are learning what it takes to make it in the NHL. I remember when Robinson started with Montreal and for the first few years he was bad.... With D, patience is required...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad