Post-Game Talk: 08-Jan-2014 OTT at COL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alfieghetti

inflamed
Jul 29, 2009
avalanche were hot garbage and should have been down 6-2. they'll be crashing back down any day now.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Sure he messed up on the OT goal but Karlsson is hardly carrying him. Karlsson has too many issues of his own to be carrying anyone.

Karlsson played beautiful game yesterday. Was ridiculously dominant. Cowen benefits huge from playing with Karlsson, even when he is not at his best.

avalanche were hot garbage and should have been down 6-2. they'll be crashing back down any day now.

To be honest, they looked hot garbage because of how solid this team was playing; what a game they played besides those 15 minutes. Pure domination. Not sure much teams would have faired that much better.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Just ask yourself if we took Karlsson out of the lineup- how would we do?.

2nd in the entire league for goals against? That's what happened last year.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats....SALL&sort=teamGoalsAgainst&viewName=plusMinus

Only Dustin Byfuglien gets more scored on when he is on the ice... in the entire league

That being said, I'm still a huge EK fan and he is an offensive motor

You guys are biased but you can't see it. It's understandable, EK game is pretty. But he is not efficient at all defensively this year, not even close to his Norris Trophy season. His biggest problem is missing assignments in covering people in front of the net, results in a lot of easy tap-ins.

I think Cowen was fine, but Gryba and Phillips got exposed by the Avs speed. I like what Gryba brings to the team, but maybe Wier should be playing instead of him when we play teams with speedy forwards.

As for Kassian, I thought he played well for what he brings but I would have preferred to have another faster forward/center (Pageau). He played so many minutes because he had to. With the altitude we needed to have the forwards more rest time on the bench.

I share the same thoughts, Corvo or Wier should have played instead of Gryba, who didn't look as bad in a long time (first few games of the season)

And Pageau instead of Kassian would have been better too, need a lot of stamina and speed against the Avs in Colorado

I am bias to see that Cowen has been nothing short of atrocious this year? I am sorry but everyone that I speak to that watches this team agree's.

Am I going to say Karlsson has been great? No absolutely not but atleast he has been good at what his skill set is creating offense and producing. Cowen is supposed to be a shut down D man, he has done everything but. Karlsson breaks the puck out as to not get stuck in the zone. That's why Cowen has looked like a better player with him less time running around blowing coverage, taking penalties and coughing up the puck because Karlsson keeps getting it out.

Cowen plays with no urgency or responsibility its horrendous to watch.

I'm sorry but you have 0 credibility when talking about Cowen. You have shown numerous of times in the past that you are a clear Cowen hater.

I have to keep repeating that it seems

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=440767

Once the end zone clearing shot by Avs defenceman Jan Hejda deflected off the glove/stick of teammate Max Talbot and over the glass no penalty should have been assessed! To be clear on the application of this rule, the same non-call should result even if the puck ticked or deflected off the top of the glass and then into the stands. This 'missed call' from the game last night in Colorado provided Ottawa with a significant two-man advantage and resulted in two power play goals being scored by the Sens.

I'm pointing out this quote from Kerry Fraser as the Ottawa media seemed to suggest that Colorado had all of the puck luck. The Avs also hit a few posts too. Mind you, the Avs were very close to getting a too many men penalty call that could have negated the come back. In any event, it honestly felt like Andre Benoit did everything he could to give the game to you guys. He completely gaffed the puck to Ryan who made a great play to McArthur. Andre Benoit also could have cleared the puck on the 5 on 3 PP before Ottawa scored their second goal.

lol, because 6 posts to 2... and it's hard to believe the Sens got the calls in their favor when watching the game...

Also Benoit, many here seem to think it was a mistake to let him go. I hope they saw the game.

Colorado fans seem to enjoy gloating quite a bit, based on discussions on their board.

Well, when you have THREE (3) top-3 picks in 5 years, it means you sucked for a while... Can't really blame them, hockey fans have fragile hearts

I was really impressed with the skill level of the Avs' top forwards. With those young guns in the stable, the future looks very bright for that team providing they can pick up a couple more high end D.

The Sens played very well in stretches, but when they pressed they could not manage to get a goal that would give them a two goal lead. Full credit to the Avs for coming from behind and stealing it away. In the end taking a point out of this game is a reasonably good result, especially in a tight playoff race.

Based on that one game, not impressed by their overall team. They had three top-3 picks in the last 5 years, of course they have some huge skill. Matt Duchene is such a great player, would kill to have him.

I would go as far as trading Karlsson + Spezza for Duchene + Barrie

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I see. Can you possible post this on the Avalanche board? We would like to deliberate this thought.

Don't come on these boards expecting everyone to agree with your thoughts and get offended. If you want to contribute to a discussion where most parties are in favor of your opinions then the Avs forum is where you should be.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats....SALL&sort=teamGoalsAgainst&viewName=plusMinus

Only Dustin Byfuglien gets more scored on when he is on the ice... in the entire league

You guys are biased but you can't see it. It's understandable, EK game is pretty. But he is not efficient at all defensively this year, not even close to his Norris Trophy season. His biggest problem is missing assignments in covering people in front of the net, results in a lot of easy tap-ins.

Currently Shea Weber has 5 less GA on in 4 less games. He also provides less offensively. Would Nsh be better without him? Keith has 11 less Goals against (it would only be 8 less if you evened out the toi keeping pace), but faces much lower QOC and he's a norris favourite.

While Karlsson hasn't been great defensively, your kidding yourself if you think the team is better with him off the ice.

Byfugliens GA per min is significantly worse than Karlsson's btw, it's about the same gap as Karlsson's to Keith's.

Hossa18

Jan 20, 2008

I share the same thoughts, Corvo or Wier should have played instead of Gryba, who didn't look as bad in a long time (first few games of the season)

And Pageau instead of Kassian would have been better too, need a lot of stamina and speed against the Avs in Colorado

I'm sorry but you have 0 credibility when talking about Cowen. You have shown numerous of times in the past that you are a clear Cowen hater.

I have to keep repeating that it seems

lol, because 6 posts to 2... and it's hard to believe the Sens got the calls in their favor when watching the game...

Also Benoit, many here seem to think it was a mistake to let him go. I hope they saw the game.

Well, when you have THREE (3) top-3 picks in 5 years, it means you sucked for a while... Can't really blame them, hockey fans have fragile hearts

Based on that one game, not impressed by their overall team. They had three top-3 picks in the last 5 years, of course they have some huge skill. Matt Duchene is such a great player, would kill to have him.

I would go as far as trading Karlsson + Spezza for Duchene + Barrie

Glad you are not our GM........That is horrible

Hossa18

Jan 20, 2008
So if Neil is ready to play tomorrow, who do we take out? It can't be Kassian because you know we do have a winning record with him in the lineup....:sarcasm:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
That's a horrible deal (Karlsson + Spezza for Duchene + Barrie) but he is right that this board is incredibly biased towards Karlsson. Even the game against Colorado was far from great, and he's been pretty awful defensively this year. He's a great talent, but he definitely has his shortcomings. He has not been a top defenceman in the league this year.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
That's a horrible deal (Karlsson + Spezza for Duchene + Barrie) but he is right that this board is incredibly biased towards Karlsson. Even the game against Colorado was far from great, and he's been pretty awful defensively this year. He's a great talent, but he definitely has his shortcomings. He has not been a top defenceman in the league this year.

You are pretty biased against Karlsson.

You are pretty biased towards Spezza.

I don't know if you should be talking about bias.

Just sayin'. No disrizpek.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
You are pretty biased against Karlsson.

You are pretty biased towards Spezza.

I don't know if you should be talking about bias.

Just sayin'. No disrizpek.

We can agree to disagree. Even if you think I'm biased towards Spezza (I'm not) I'm definitely not biased against Karlsson. I don't hold negative bias towards players on the Sens.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
We can agree to disagree. Even if you think I'm biased towards Spezza (I'm not) I'm definitely not biased against Karlsson. I don't hold negative bias towards players on the Sens.

You make spiteful posts about Karlsson all the time.

and I think everyone would agree you are by far the most biased towards Spezza.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
You make spiteful posts about Karlsson all the time.

and I think everyone would agree you are by far the most biased towards Spezza.

He makes valid points about Karlsson's terrible play this season, and points out the hypocrisy of fans like you who can some how be super critical of Spezza, but can't let anyone point out the truth about Karlsson.

EK has been pretty bad by his standards all season, and is nowhere near as good as he was at the beginning of last season. His decision making lacks consistency, as does his effort. His defensive play is also pretty bad, perhaps that's why Milo didn't give him his stick... ;)

His offense is there as a playmaker, but he rarely rushes the puck and while dangerous, is not nearly as dangerous as he once was.

That's the truth, deal with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad