04 vs 05(top 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Panasonic Youth said:
I'm curious that's almost a perfect description of the Scott Stevens mold. Will Jack turn out in like Dion just with less PP time?

Johnson is just as comfortable in the offensive zone as the defensive zone.

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
triggrman said:
Here's hoping the Preds land Johnson......Suter, Hamhuis, Weber, Johnson, Klien, Zidlicky.
I don't think it matters how good or how bad a teams depth on defence is. Anyone will love to land Johnson.

I mean, here's hoping the Flames land Johnson... Regehr, Leopold, Lydman, Warrener, Phaneuf, Ramholt, Ference, Johnson, Montador, Commodore.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
MrMastodonFarm said:
I don't think it matters how good or how bad a teams depth on defence is. Anyone will love to land Johnson.

I mean, here's hoping the Flames land Johnson... Regehr, Leopold, Lydman, Warrener, Phaneuf, Ramholt, Ference, Johnson, Montador, Commodore.

One could argue that both Preds & Flames would have TOO much skill on blueline, they don't have enough IT to share among the blueliners.

I think both teams would be happier with Brule as both teams are not exactly deep at C.

Squeaky

Jul 8, 2004
Toronto
MrMastodonFarm said:

Here's hoping the habs land Johnson....Johnson, Komisarek, Markov, uh...Souray....um....uh....Traverse? :help:

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
triggrman said:
can you have too much skill on the blueline?

I really don't think the Flames or the Preds will have a shot at Johnson or Brule.

I wouldn't complain getting either one.

If we landed the number 2 pick...I'd be all in favor of trading down to number 3 if a team like Columbus, Carolina, Washington was sitting there...all teams that would be better served\more likely to draft Johnson than Brule. We don't need Johnson...but if trading down a spot could land us a second round pick(we don't have one, this year) then I'm all for it. Brule and a second for Johnson? Just what the doctor ordered for the Preds

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
Crosby and Ovechkin are equals at this point, in my eyes... but I espect Crosby to get much better. No one will ever put up the points that Gretzky and Lemieux did, 'cause the game is so screwed up from what it was in the 80s and 90s... but I do think Crosby is just as talented as either of the two. Will he rise to expectations? is the only question. I'd say '05 wins with the first rounder.

I'm one of the cynics that really believes Malkin is not too far behind Ovechkin. I think the consensus is that at least one of these two guys will have star careers... Brule is phenomenal, maybe just almost as good as Malkin, but I think this one goes to '04.

Johnson is better than Barker, hands down. Barker is a terrific defenseman, but there are some questions about his play. Johnson is amazing... I think of him as the next Pronger, and I'd go so far as to say he's better at 17? 18? than Scott Stevens was in his first couple seasons.

So in terms of the top-3, I'd say '05 wins by a margin of 2-1. I also think '05 has a better entire first, as well as second round.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
BobMarleyNYR said:
Johnson is better than Barker, hands down. Barker is a terrific defenseman, but there are some questions about his play. Johnson is amazing... I think of him as the next Pronger, and I'd go so far as to say he's better at 17? 18? than Scott Stevens was in his first couple seasons.

Please, if Johnson was as good as you claim he would have been on USA'S WJC team.

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
monster_bertuzzi said:
Please, if Johnson was as good as you claim he would have been on USA'S WJC team.
Well that is a stupid claim. Its not like Johnson is a 19 year old and didn't make it. He is 17 and they didn't let him on the team, something alot of people seem puzzled at. I wouldn't get that worked up over it. Johnson has two more years to make the World Junior team.

I mean, Brule didn't make team Canada. :)

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
MrMastodonFarm said:
Well that is a stupid claim. Its not like Johnson is a 19 year old and didn't make it. He is 17 and they didn't let him on the team, something alot of people seem puzzled at. I wouldn't get that worked up over it. Johnson has two more years to make the World Junior team.

Yes but USA's defence was **** and BRIAN LEE got chosen ahead of Johnson. If you dont think that is significant, give your head a shake. Obviously Johnson is good but BobMarley is claiming he's better at this age than Scott Stevens was in his first couple of NHL seasons.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
monster_bertuzzi said:
Yes but USA's defence was **** and BRIAN LEE got chosen ahead of Johnson. If you dont think that is significant, give your head a shake. Obviously Johnson is good but BobMarley is claiming he's better at this age than Scott Stevens was in his first couple of NHL seasons.
well the politics involved in the us hockey program must be looked at too, and they are skewed to say the least

Roger's Pancreas*

monster_bertuzzi said:
So Bobby Ryan can't be a top five pick because he was left off USA's WJC team. Right???

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Panasonic Youth said:
So Bobby Ryan can't be a top five pick because he was left off USA's WJC team. Right???

Are you reading my posts? I'm saying its rediculous to claim that Johnson is better at age 17 than Stevens was his first couple of years in the NHL, not that Johnson isnt a werthy top 3 pick.

Roger's Pancreas*

monster_bertuzzi said:
Are you reading my posts? I'm saying its rediculous to claim that Johnson is better at age 17 than Stevens was his first couple of years in the NHL, not that Johnson isnt a werthy top 3 pick.
I read your posts but not Marley's.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
monster_bertuzzi said:
Whatever the case, I dont think they are THAT stupid.
in a sense, it isn't a case of them being stupid, it's about them being stubborn.. stupid in that sense, not in terms of not realizing how johnson really is

Greg7

Feb 5, 2004
Rabid Ranger said:
You obviously have no clue as to the inner workings of USA Hockey.

andora said:
well the politics involved in the us hockey program must be looked at too, and they are skewed to say the least

I'm a little fuzzy on why politics would NEGATIVELY affect Johnson's chances of making the team. He plays for the team USA Hockey wants their young guys to play for, he has no plans for the CHL, and he has committed to a good ol midwestern American college. Isn't that everything USA Hockey wants from him?

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Greg7 said:
I'm a little fuzzy on why politics would NEGATIVELY affect Johnson's chances of making the team. He plays for the team USA Hockey wants their young guys to play for, he has no plans for the CHL, and he has committed to a good ol midwestern American college. Isn't that everything USA Hockey wants from him?

It's not just that. With all of the chaos within the organization(a term I use loosely,) person A might have said "Let's take Johnson," and person B, harboring inexplicable grudge over a bar tab 4 years ago, says, "No, let's take Lee instead" just to spite person A. Person C, sympathetic to person B, agrees. It sound unreasonable, but the whole system is a mess. No order whatsoever, and I'm embarassed and tired by it.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
BobMarleyNYR said:

Next Progner?? :shakehead

The guy is 6'1 and Pronger is 6'5, that alone makes the comparison invalid as Pronger's size is one of the major component of his play.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica

fullmetalninja

Jan 11, 2003
Chicago
Barker is of course worse than Johnson. Afterall, Barker was selected by a team other than one these guys root for, and there is still a chance Johnson will go to that team.

If Johnson goes to their team- he's a stud.

If he doesn't.... uhhhh kinda over rated.

-fullmetalninja

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad