Boston Bruins 火熊熊將在2018年O.R.G. NHL中國運動會

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I feel a bit dirty asking this, especially since I recognize Gaudreau, but...who's the Bruin in the poster? Is it Chris Wagner? That would make me feel a little better if it's him...he hasn't imprinted on me yet. I'm zooming in on it, but I don't have one of those buttons like they have in CSI that can enhance the image.

Two more comments:
A) A fairly substantial discount for a "two persons package"? Does everyone go alone?
B) A 180 renminbi *coughthanksHQ* ticket is "only" $25? I suppose if the NHL only has one preseason game per year in each city...

EDIT: Nebermind, it's Pasta. I still don't think it looks like him. And apparently the two tickets are a "family pack" - one adult, one kid 15 or under.

And FYI, you can get cheaper tickets in Shenzen:

Buy NHL China Games Shenzhen Sport Tickets

Weird, because in my YouTube stream of consciousness clicking a week or so ago, I stumbled upon a techie American living in there who added a headphone jack to his iPhone using tools and parts from the markets there. Go figure.

Last edited:

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
3FB5931D-B0EF-4EF0-96E5-B4BDBA1D2B1B.jpeg
So the question is - Will @Gee Wally and @BMC be watching first Bruins game from China on 9/15?

at 2:30 AM

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
So you're saying it's a slow boat to China?

In related news, we now know a bit more about who's sailing away to China...in a little rowboat to find ya....

I'm glad those guys aren't going. But I wonder who else is going to be in Boston to fill out the roster for the games here.

Edit: that was fast :laugh:

Bruins Announce Rosters And Schedule For 2018 Training Camp

I'm still on the fence as to whether I like this whole China trip thing.

Last edited:

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
The only thing I like about this China trip is 40+ players will get a long look vs the 25 in usual years

Reactions: Fenway

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
EXPECTED BOSTON BRUINS O.R.G. NHL CHINA GAMES ROSTER

Forwards: David Backes, Martin Bakos, Peter Cehlarik, Jake DeBrusk, Ryan Donato, Jakob Forsbacka Karlsson, Trent Frederic, David Krejci, Brad Marchand, Joakim Nordstrom, David Pastrnak, Jack Studnicka, Jordan Szwarz, Chris Wagner

Defense: Brandon Carlo, Matt Grzelcyk, Charlie McAvoy, Adam McQuaid, Kevan Miller, John Moore, Urho Vaakanainen, Jakub Zboril

Goaltenders: Jaroslav Halak, Tuukka Rask

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
NESN has decided that they will NOT air the games from China.

So the game on the 15th will be on NHL Network and on the 19th on NBCSN. In Canada SN and TVAS will show the games. 98.5 will broadcast the games on radio.

Reactions: TCB

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
A week's worth of shows on NESN from 2:00 AM to 4:00 AM:

Outdoor America
Raceline
3 Wide Life
Honda Racing At Speed
King of the Road
Dining Playbook (2x)
On Course with Andy Brickley (2x)
Mega Fights (2x)
Fight Sports MMA
Fight Sports World Champions
Ring of Honor
Hollywood Wrestling
Heartland Poker Tour
Glory 57 Rewind

From 4 AM to 9 AM, it's NESN Sports Update on a loop.

C'mon. Really? I will personally go to the houses of BOTH people who watch Outdoor America and reenact the episode that they missed. Because it would be a shame if they missed a program whose description is: "Grid Iron Outdoors, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, Musky Hunter TV, Florida Adventure Quest". Because we all know what this country needs more of: more musky hunters on TV.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I guess this goes here...

Visa problems? Is David Krejci the Czech James Bond? He does have a house (and in-law family, I think?) in Carolina, so it's nice that he doesn't have to be quite as far away during the storm.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

Visa problems? Is David Krejci the Czech James Bond? He does have a house (and in-law family, I think?) in Carolina, so it's nice that he doesn't have to be quite as far away during the storm.

I know a couple of people from Boston who were denied visas and to further complicate things Boston does not have a Chinese consulate.

Calgary does have a consulate.

The people's Republic of China currently maintains one Embassy in Ottawa, but also maintains 4 consulates-general in the following Canada cities: Vancouver, BC; Calgary, AB; Toronto, ON; Montreal, QC.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

My money is on the latter. His wife's family is from Charleston and that's where they live in the off season.

Sure he could have a visa snafu but I'm willing to bet it has more to do with the hurricane.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Hainan-787-side-seats-830x511.jpg

Hopefully the wifi works
I tend to do trips to Asia every other year, and I'm usually asleep about 95% of the flight. And the other 5% I'm probably eating. (or going to the bathroom).

Also, cell/LTE service in most of the major Asian countries blows away what we have in North America.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad