Friedman: “I wouldn’t be surprised if [Evander]Kane was a guy on [Pens] radar.”

CuriousGeorge

Jun 8, 2007
****in A i would its a hockey discussion board... Not real life... step back from the keyboard for a bit, you are taking this and yourself way too serious lol
No, I want a clear answer from you, no bullshit. Is there any point in discussing a rumour that isn't a speculation, but a guess from a known reporter? What is the point in discussing that?

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Sprong and a 1st. That's what it'll take.
If Rutherford wanted to make that trade Ownership Lemieux if not Burkle would need to stop the trade from happening. Then fire Rutherford

Last edited:

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
GMJR certainly would discuss any player that he feels makes the team better. Again, GMJR is looking for a 3rd center. I think he has addressed the D and now with Jarry he probably is not as concerned with the goal tending situation. But yes after a center, a LW upgrade is needed. Unless part of a larger deal, Sprong is still seen as a top 6 scorer who can be here for the next decade.

thewookie1

Jan 21, 2015
Some Pens fan offered this for Kane, I'd take it for sure
Sheary, Cole, Gustavsson, 1st for Kane(50%)

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
Pens should ask about Sedins. The no movement clauses and public declarations are non issues. They'll go, if traded. Canucks cannot retain but can easily accept salary in return. I am figuring there are other pieces available to make up a package, as well.

Sedins can play very well for ten or twelve minutes and are excellent set up men.

Son Goku

henlo u stinky egg
Mar 8, 2014
The World Of Void
Pens should ask about Sedins. The no movement clauses and public declarations are non issues. They'll go, if traded. Canucks cannot retain but can easily accept salary in return. I am figuring there are other pieces available to make up a package, as well.

Sedins can play very well for ten or twelve minutes and are excellent set up men.
Hows their speed these days?

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
You know this is just an opinion. Rutherford could actually have zero interest in Kane

This is my belief. If JR has interest in anyone on the Sabres it’s ROR but that damn contract is something that would need to be retained on.

I really can’t wait until the deadline when Kane is dealt elsewhere or stays in Buffalo. I think there is zero chance of him in Pittsburgh after they got rid of Neal so fast and Neal was loved in the locker room.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
This is my belief. If JR has interest in anyone on the Sabres it’s ROR but that damn contract is something that would need to be retained on.

I really can’t wait until the deadline when Kane is dealt elsewhere or stays in Buffalo. I think there is zero chance of him in Pittsburgh after they got rid of Neal so fast and Neal was loved in the locker room.
You dont have the expendabld pieces to get ROR without retention, let alone with

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
This deal came from a pen's fan on the Sabs board:

Sheary, Cole, Gustavsson, 1st for Kane (some % retained)

Done.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
We do but we probably wouldn’t part with them.

All I’m saying is the guy on the Sabres roster that makes sense is ROR and not Kane.
If you would't part with them they are not expendable....who do yoj think is of much interest to Buffalo if we trade ROR to Pittsburgh? We will have a big void at center and still have a void at D. You will have to fill those with the return and I cant see how..

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
If you would't part with them they are not expendable....who do yoj think is of much interest to Buffalo if we trade ROR to Pittsburgh? We will have a big void at center and still have a void at D. You will have to fill those with the return and I cant see how..

Read what I said in the last two posts please. I don’t think we are trading for Kane or ROR. I don’t know how much more clear I can say this other than what I just said.

For a few reasons I don’t believe the Pens have any interest in Kane. In order to fill their biggest need right now I believe that if they had interest in anyone on the Sabres they would want ROR.

Had nothing to do about seriously playing EA Sports GM here. I don’t see a deal happening. This is just click bait from Friedman.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
When was the last time a team traded their top prospect for a rental?

More realistically, it will probably be around something like Cole, a middle of the road prospect and a 1st. It's not bad value at all, I think Kane for Cole, Bjorkqvist and a 1st is perfectly fair value.

Nope. Too many teams will be bidding for Kane to go that cheap. Expect a surprising return

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
This deal came from a pen's fan on the Sabs board:

Sheary, Cole, Gustavsson, 1st for Kane (some % retained)

Done.

And every other Pens fan would laugh at that suggestion. Purely a comical offer. I wouldn't even do that if Kane was extended and didn't have attitude issues.

Just saw his cap hit. LoLOLolOl no thanks.

Wait, you think $3 million for Sheary is bad? In what way? Even if Sheary was only a 3rd line winger, $3 million for a 3rd line winger is completely market value.

Sheary's a complementary 2nd line winger that goes as the team goes. Some people on this site irrationally hate him because of that, the team has struggled at ES this year, which means Sheary has struggled at ES this year. If his line is hot, Sheary is going to produce a lot and can put up a 70 point pace, which is what he did last year. If your line is cold, Sheary is going to struggle and will only be a 30 point player in the same exact spot. Sheary is an amazing asset to have if you have an elite center, because he's capable of producing a lot with elite players. That can't be said about everyone.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad