Post-Game Talk: “A team like that” def. Kings - 5-3 (Boeserx3, Horvat, Pettersson)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
I still want a winger so bad for Horvat, and this team could be scary good
Virtanen look alright so far
Pearson has the effort but lack the high end skill
Ferland was starting to look alright but then gets injured again

Need to be patient with Pod and maybe Hoglander, Lind is looking promising now I the minor

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
You always hate to see a player get injured..but Josh Manson is out 5-10 weeks for Anaheim.(Lindholm is out too).Their D is going to be' all hands on deck' against the Canucks on Friday.

Reactions: David71

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
that 6-40-9 line dominated again. boeser back to rookie status with his shot. petterson setting up plays and playing physical.!ferland must have gotten a shoulder injury or hand judging by the fight. refs should stop intervening.. one of these days they're gonna get punched in the middle of the scrum.
The best linesman in NHL history. John D'Amico.

CjUBPIAUgAEItBh.jpg

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
You always hate to see a player get injured..but Josh Manson is out 5-10 weeks for Anaheim.(Lindholm is out too).Their D is going to be' all hands on deck' against the Canucks on Friday.

vancouver forwards will have a field day against that ducks defense. all the lines will be clicking another 5+goals. gudbranson/del zotto will be a minus 6 for the night

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I’m old enough to remember that the California trip used to be called the trip of death :sarcasm:Especially for Eastern team
Bad times those were
I'll never forget the 'moral victory' game with Torts as coach back in 2013...The ref threw the rule book at Sestito and the Canucks..embarrasing.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
Since going 0-2:
45 GF in 10 games.
25 GA.
8-1-1
+17 GD

I've been on team tank for a long time as much as the next guy, but I'll be damned if this hasn't been an absolute ****ing joy of a run to watch after the absolute horrid seasons we've had previously. This team is exciting again, they're fun to watch, and have lines across the board that are contributing.

I dont know if this start will last, I dont know if we'll be able to keep up the pace all season, but if you're a fan of this team regardless of where you stand as to how the team should approach this season, you have to appreciate the effort they're putting in. Cheering for wins again, it's been a while :laugh:

before all the moves were made, everyone said including fans/hockey insiders say vancouver should be the team to watch this season and rightfully so. look at the stats. theyve been dominating games. lines contributing left and right. its a fun team to watch again

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
PP huge in this one. There just seems do much potential for this group on the PP long term. Teams should fear taking penalties against this team

Good

Boeser - gets 3 goals and 4 points and I still thought he could have moved puck better at times. Start to the season has been questioned with some legitimacy but now something like 14 points in 12 games.

Pettersson - hasn't nailed the shot like he did in this one as much this season. Hopefully back to sniping like in his rookie season

Hughes - not just some points but he moved the puck (especially in the first two periods) real well. Did an excellent job of working in close quarters and of creating space for himself. Terrific young player

Tanev - was by far the best defenseman in his end. Work on PK was crucial

Horvat - dominant on face offs and mostly carried his line.

Sutter - solid season to date. Thought he played a key defensive role and covered up for some poor defensive work. Showing some good range in his play and supporting play all over the ice

Miller - another good job of supporting Boeser and Pettersson.

Not Good

Eriksson - back to being a passenger most of the game. Puck movement fell off after being decent against Florida. Consistently muffed routine passes back to the point. Like some of the LA vets, Eriksson appears absolutely done at this level

Edler - comes up with these stinkers. Got out of position and took bad penalties. Backed in on everything and provided poor coverage even when backed in. Sloppy puck movement leading to nasty turnovers. Didn't think Edler and Myers worked well together in this one and often seemed to get in each others way. Both took too long trying to play the puck deep in their end.

Others

Pearson - more of inspired effort against ex-team. Good along the boards

Levio - popped up a couple of times with decent plays but again prone to the bad turnover in his end. More you watch the more you see that Levio is not good moving the puck in traffic.

Hope Ferland isn't hurt too bad.

Last edited:

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
I am betting the over in goals and a Canucks win vs Anaheim.

See no reason why they can’t score 5 against that team either

the top line will feast on that ducks defense. or maybe give the 3rd and 4th line guys a chance to shine for one night:) sutters/virtanen schaller. etc.

Reactions: CanucksMJL

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
just quite a game. a bit sloppy here and there but it did not matter.

two bad teams ina row just dummied.

"don't get cocky kids" comes to mind, but just great to see.

nearly everyone solid. it's just details.

edler and myers an off night.

eriksson so obviously not a part of what is going on. he's a pro but whoever called him a ghost nailed it.

pearson still struggling and i think now getting that lost trailing the play vibe of a player deep in a slump. hopefully he heats up when others cool down.

stecher fighting the puck at times but fighting.

benn playing like a 4/5 now. just solid. i can see the guy montreal fans described.

ferland i hope not srs. he's been improving game to game.

everybody else playing solid to awesome hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad