Post-Game Talk: “A team like that” def. Kings - 5-3 (Boeserx3, Horvat, Pettersson)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
EILtpeoXYAIv21X

giphy.gif

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
The kids were alright.....four point nights for Boeser and Pettersson; and three points for Hughes, who's now tied as the rookie points leader in the NHL. He anchors a first unit pp that looks positively lethal.

On the downside, Edler and Myers had an awful night....one of those games where Edler was trying to play the game standing still, and telegraphing his passes....brutal turnovers from both guys. But I guess they were due for a stinker.

Benn is growing one me.....just a steady d-man who always seems to make the right play.

Reactions: Grantham

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Canucks and Kings first game since Drew Doughtys attack on his team to LOSING LIKE A TEAM LIKE THE CANUCKS. Heres my PROJECTED lineup for the game

:nucks

Miller Pettersson Brock Boeser
Pearson Horvat Virtanen
Leivo Sutter Ferland
Schaller Beagle Eriksson

Edler Myers
Quinn Hughes Tanev
Benn Stecher

Markstrom the starter
Demko backup

Kings

Iafallo Kopitar Brown
Carter Lizot Tiffoli
Kovalchuck Kempe Lewis

BEN HUTTON Doughty
Martinez Walker
Ryan Roy

Never heard of half those names for the Kings so not sure what there really expecting to do this year with a bunch a no names. Anyways Hutton on their top pairing is crazy not that hes bad

Predictions people?

I predict 5-3 Canucks with our goals by Hughes, Myers, Ferland, Pearson and Pettersson
Predicted the scored DEAD on :yo:

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Pearson - this was the best skating game I saw outta Pearson. I didn’t think he had speed... but pulling away from Doughty the way he did, later explained how he won handful of puck races in the corners. Very impressed.. he worked his tail off today.

Edit... was about to do a player by player summary here... but that’s gonna take me forever.
SO... Great game! Everyone. Except Tanev outside the dzone. I wish they could come up with a system where he has to change once the puck crosses the red line towards the ozone. Lacrosse style.

Looks like Gaudette will be in next game.
Ferland looks to be injured somewhat.

This will be interesting...
Could this be his debut as a winger?
Don’t see how Green could possibly make the decision to bump Sutter... or Beagle...
Kids gonna have to learn on the fly on Friday if Ferland cant go... or they have time to call up Baertschi!!!!! MOR SKILZ!

I know I’m overreacting but petey+Boeser>sedins

I was about to pipe in to roast you.. but the numbers are ridiculously in favour of that argument at the same ages.
Boeser doesn’t come close to the others 5on5..... but the PP is a thing and... numbers.
Great start to their careers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: