Speculation: ‘20-21 Trade/Free Agency Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
A bit of a cop out but I suppose it depends on what it's for. If it's to get someone better than him I'm definitely down, if it's purely a change of scenery type thing then I dunno. Terry clearly has a good amount of potential but maybe that's why you trade him.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Making Terry available 21 games into a 3 year contract you signed in the hopes that it would be a value contract in years 2 and 3. Another great example of BM's foresight. It will just be another Ritchie for Heinen trade.
I agree that that sort of trade would seem misguided, but I'm not at all convinced murray is ready to sell low on terry.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I guess you have a lot more faith about Murray's vision for the future than I do
Well it's not really his MO. Young players really have to wear out their welcome before he cuts bait, at least in the past. And we have enough to be upset about before adding something that hasn't even happened yet anyway.

I thought most people here thought friedman was a hack with no real ducks' sources?

Reactions: Goose of Reason

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Well it's not really his MO. Young players really have to wear out their welcome before he cuts bait, at least in the past. And we have enough to be upset about before adding something that hasn't even happened yet anyway.

I thought most people here thought friedman was a hack with no real ducks' sources?

Friedman generally being incorrect about us is absolutely true I'll give you that

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I agree that that sort of trade would seem misguided, but I'm not at all convinced murray is ready to sell low on terry.
Terry doesn’t exactly hold much value right now... I mean this could just be a rumor.... but if it’s true there’s no way we are selling high on him.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Moving Terry for someone more established fits right in with what Custance said too. People interpreted that to solely mean Rakell but all it said was Murray was looking to add players in that age range and that he didn't want to make more moves like he did with Kase and Montour.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
A bit of a cop out but I suppose it depends on what it's for. If it's to get someone better than him I'm definitely down, if it's purely a change of scenery type thing then I dunno. Terry clearly has a good amount of potential but maybe that's why you trade him.
Who is going to give us a player that is better than Terry that us young and fits with our future core?

KyleJRM

Jun 6, 2007
North Dakota
If we trade Terry, I would bet we’ll see a lot of, “well he never would have done that here” type of posts in the future.

I'd place equal odds between that and he's out of the league in 4 years and everybody swears they always knew he was just a 5th-round pick they never believed in.

Trading Terry now isn't necessarily selling low. It could easily be selling high. You turned him from a 5th-round pick into someone that some people think has serious NHL upside long-term. His value is a lot higher than it was before. If you don't think he's going to get much better, then his value is as high as it's ever going to be.

It's not always easy to tell when you're selling low or selling high. If it were, everyone would be rich.

But yes, I'm aware that this is colored by my unpopular opinion that Troy Terry currently sucks at NHL hockey

Last edited:
Reactions: Getz2noone

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
If we trade Terry, I would bet we’ll see a lot of, “well he never would have done that here” type of posts in the future.

I hate when people say that. It's basically the last excuse people have left, when trying to justify a horrible roster move. It also implies the following -- A) our system is so broken that it can't develop players properly, and B) we are content with said broken system.

Our management literally have zero direction.

I've no idea how Bob is still the GM. If this was any other NHL team Bob would've been axed already.

Oct 18, 2011
This team cannot develop talent, it feels like we have to get lucky to even have a Comtois at this point. We need to clean house already, someone needs to convince the owners that drafting and development needs to be priority number 1 resource wise...

Even the guys we have developed, how many do you guys honestly feel have reached their full potential with this team?

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
Watch it be terry + for debrusk or domi

Although doubt Boston does it when they’re trying to compete now unless they really like terry

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Someone just putting names on the table and the board is going nuts. Well Cale Makar might be available as well.

Quite interesting how popular Ritchie became. Why wasn't he beloved while being a Duck?

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Terry for Logan Brown

I posted this on the Sens board and was coming here to get a sense of value... I think that’d be a very reasonably “change of scenery” trade for both teams and players.

As a Sens fan, I like Brown, but it seems like his runway has run out here.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
I hate when people say that. It's basically the last excuse people have left, when trying to justify a horrible roster move. It also implies the following -- A) our system is so broken that it can't develop players properly, and B) we are content with said broken system.
Yes, this is the exactly correct.

Reactions: KaseMeOutside

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I posted this on the Sens board and was coming here to get a sense of value... I think that’d be a very reasonably “change of scenery” trade for both teams and players.

As a Sens fan, I like Brown, but it seems like his runway has run out here.

Whether the Terry rumors hold any weight or not (apparently the Ducks writer for the Athletic says they do not) I think the Ducks should be in on Brown. There would be wide open opportunity for him to become a top 6 center and PP contributor.

The Ducks do have an abundance of forwards at the moment, whether one heads back in the same deal or not, they need to trim some fat in order to make room.

These two teams have already made a couple deals this season, so it stands to reason that there has been open dialogue on a young player like Brown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad