shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
pierre-dorion-throwing-drink.gif
Never.

Gets.

Old.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
I've talked a lot **** about Keefe for years so I'll say one nice thing about him.

When his job was on the line after game 4 and everything a real hockey market was about to destroy him he didn't mess him in the press conference like Montgomery.

Stay mad Jimmy.
I said before the series started that the Leafs had a coaching advantage in this series. Predictably, I was laughed out of the room. So now everyone sees it. Keefe will be one of the main reasons the Leafs will win this series, because he made adjustments after game 4 and got his players to buy into playing patient and disciplined. Meanwhile, Monty just talks about how pissed off he is while he makes no meaningful adjustments of any kind.

I don't want Keefe to be the coach of this team next season, but he is going to be after winning this series mostly without his two best players.

Leafsfanperson

Jan 27, 2024
I said before the series started that the Leafs had a coaching advantage in this series. Predictably, I was laughed out of the room. So now everyone sees it. Keefe will be one of the main reasons the Leafs will win this series, because he made adjustments after game 4 and got his players to buy into playing patient and disciplined. Meanwhile, Monty just talks about how pissed off he is while he makes no meaningful adjustments of any kind.

I don't want Keefe to be the coach of this team next season, but he is going to be after winning this series mostly without his two best players.
I'd still hire Montgomery in the off season in a heartbeat but Keefe out manned him emotionally for one night.

What Montgomery has done with a team with no centers makes me drool for what he could do with our lineup.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
I'd still hire Montgomery in the off season in a heartbeat but Keefe out manned him emotionally for one night.

What Montgomery has done with a team with no centers makes me drool for what he could do with our lineup.
This.

What I have not seen acknowledged by any of the posters saying that Keefe is out coaching Montgomery is that Keefe has a significantly better and deeper roster and talent pool to work with.

This is not the Boston bruins with prime Chara, Bergeron, and Krejci.

They are a shadow of their former selves and the fact that this has gone 7 games points in the opposite direction that Keefe is doing anything better than his counterpart.

Montgomery is getting more out of a weaker squad than Keefe is getting out his much more talented team.

I’ve been here long enough to know people will see only what validates whatever narrative they are pushing, and I’m no different, but at least I’m consistent.

I’ve said forever and a day that this team wins in spite of Keefe, not because of him and he’s done nothing to prove me wrong.

Reactions: Duffman955

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
This.

What I have not seen acknowledged by any of the posters saying that Keefe is out coaching Montgomery is that Keefe has a significantly better and deeper roster and talent pool to work with.

They are a shadow of their former selves and the fact that this has gone 7 games points in the opposite direction that Keefe is doing anything better than his counterpart.

Montgomery is getting more out of a weaker squad than Keefe is getting out his much more talented team.

I’ve been here long enough to know people will see only what validates whatever narrative they are pushing, and I’m no different, but at least I’m consistent.

I’ve said forever and a day that this team wins in spite of Keefe, not because of him and he’s done nothing to prove me wrong.
I don't disagree at all about the talent difference. The Leafs are far more talented than Boston throughout the respective lineups. But Keefe has been able to make adjustments that Monty has not been able to make. It was the same last year for him against Florida, and in fact going right back to his time in Dallas.

Leafsfanperson

Jan 27, 2024
This.

I don't have a like button right but great post.

Montgomery would eventually adjust to our media landscape and ice the team game in game out playing the way we all want to see it. We can even bid on any of Bostons tenders to play with Woll.

The 'let's get the big three their cookies' era has to end but I want to see all three kept and build a team around them from the net out.

Think of this Leafs team that doesn't give up a 2+ goal lead every three weeks. It'd be money for President Trophy and more.

Reactions: LeafSteel

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
Game 7 in Boston. It’s just f***ing destiny. Let’s change the script on Saturday.
Wouldn't it be surreal to see Boston lose and become the first team in pro sports to lose a series they were ahead in 3 games to 1, in two consecutive seasons?! Please let this happen!!!

Wollander wins it.
And look how well Knies and his buddy, Woll, are playing too!

Craig Button

The C is for Coward - Brad Marchand 2024
Jul 28, 2015
Leaf Nation Torontonistan
the cross check to the boards????

That was just a player who went full ragdoll and got pushed into the boards trying to draw a penalty.

Lohrei is 6'5" and weights 211 lbs and he flopped around like he weighed 120 lbs.

the guy was so off balance that it was 100% his own fault for falling into the boards.

watch this video from 41 seconds.

Lohrei went full ragdoll and forgot he was playing hockey

I love the refs reaction at pointing at Lohrei.

Reactions: PromisedLand

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
the cross check to the boards????

That was just a player who went full ragdoll and got pushed into the boards trying to draw a penalty.

Lohrei is 6'5" and weights 211 lbs and he flopped around like he weighed 120 lbs.

the guy was so off balance that it was 100% his own fault for falling into the boards.

watch this video from 41 seconds.

Lohrei went full ragdoll and forgot he was playing hockey

I love the refs reaction at pointing at Lohrei.

Not to mention he was holding on to Holmburg's stick all the time.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017

They have the best goaltending tandem and one of the best D lineups... you are acting like they have nothing

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Holding the stick vs dangerous crosscheck into the boards face first. Which one do you prefer?
I think he was trying to free his stick. I don’t know if he cross checks him if his stick isn’t held and if he did I’m not sure he hits face first if he has his hands available to brace himself.
Thats why I think they didn’t call it.

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
Holding the stick vs dangerous crosscheck into the boards face first. Which one do you prefer?
True, but if the ref were to have called a penalty, surely both would have gone to the box.

Didn't he have the centers last year, though?

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
The Bruins are really struggling to start games. Jitters, maybe.

I also think the Leafs D needs credit. A bunch of physical nobodies but they've tightened up immensely and are just absolutely hammering the Bruins forecheckers.

They've been picking on Pasta while Bert and Pontus get under Marchand's skin. Hopefully they can keep up the excellent work.

And of course, when your goalie makes key saves the whole team is just that much better. Woll has been stellar when called upon.
And I believe he is the main reason the Leafs have been playing better. His calm, cool demeanor is definitely giving them the confidence they were lacking with Samsonov in net.

You can be sure that Boston will be complaining about the missed calls in their meeting with the supervisors today or tomorrow and the Leafs won’t get away as much as they did last night.
This was the first game in a long time where I thought the refs let them play hockey while also calling the game fairly.

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
The Joe Bowen call

I love Joe Bowen! MLSE is so f***ing stupid to not have him calling the games on TV rather than the radio!

Boston is exactly who we said they were. They could win the series, but they’re not a power house.
This is true.
TBH the Leafs winning this series has been more about overcoming their own self inflicted mistakes than Boston beating them.

This holds true for game 7.
This is a very good point!

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
Hahaha what a call.

Knies with a beautiful smooth pass there. Takes a lot of confidence then to do that. Would have been easy to just put it deep but he made a good natural read and put it perfectly for Nylander
It's true what the commentators are saying, he's getting better each game. He's a gamer and doesn't mind being on the ice in the big moments!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad