News Article: â€˜I asked for trade every off season in Winnipeg': Evander Kane

Status
Not open for further replies.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
He could have asked for the trade in the first season but then got comfortable here and "got over it." Who knows?

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
In 2013 I attended a Jets/Habs game in Montreal. I sat in the nosebleed section with other Jets fans and sat beside a friend of Bogo who is also a hockey player. I asked him about Bogo's experience as a Jet. He told me Bogo's experience was good and he enjoyed being part of a team that returned to Winnipeg.

ocdaddy

Nov 3, 2013
Winnipeg

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Some "high-falutin" folks keep making the point that booing Kane (or doing anything in particular aimed at him) is exactly what he wants us to do and that he will "love the attention." Frankly, I don't care if he loves it. It's still good fun. But I also don't necessarily agree that he will love it. I expect he'll laugh it up at first, but I think he was really sort of embarrassed by the tracksuit incident and I can see him getting more and more pissed as the game wears on and he looks up at all the suits in the stands and hears the crowd chanting. I think it could make him do something dumb on the ice like trying to hit somebody to get some revenge and that could lead to more fun...in other words I think as much as he likes attention, this sort of attention might still "get into his head"...

but in the end it doesn't matter. Much like the Whiteout, this isn't about how it affects the player on the ice. It's mostly just fan fun...and there's nothing wrong with that.

Agreed. Fans want to have fun and will have fun. In our ST group this was a top 5 game. In past years a Sunday afternoon game in mid January against the previous year's worst team is very likely the last game on the board. I'm not going but the 2 guys going will play it up big time and have a lot of fun with it. I hope the crowd is on him all game, Kane is held off the score sheet and the Jets put the boots to them and win going away. A perfect afternoon.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
All I hope is the best chant(s) in Jets, NHL and Sports history is made up that game.

Only for Winnipegs ego, not Kanes. Also, we'll still be classy, because Kane couldn't show any of it.

igorulanov

Jan 31, 2015
Winnipeg
I'm really interested in seeing how the Jets (both as a team and individually) react.

Do they got bigger issues to deal with than Kane (playoff livelihood, personal contract issues, role on team, etc.)?

Or are the Jets going to dump every ounce of frustration they have towards Evander and take it out on him?

Is this game going to be the Jets defining moment of the season?

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Bogosian liked Winnipeg and was happy to be here. Believe me or don't but I have a few connections that are reliable that have told me that.

Kane??? God. Honestly I can't wait for this season to be over, so that we can HOPEFULLY stop being so ******** about the whole thing. Like we never stop talking about it.

Kane was a jerk.
Kane worked very hard on the ice every game.
Kane is now a Buffalo Sabre.
Who in the F cares? It's over.

JMO.

Winnipeg Jets

Lucky #7
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
Some people really seem insecure speculating that everyone has asked for a trade at some point. Relax and stop thinking about it, you'll go crazy.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I'm not goin crazy about it. Doesn't matter to me at all.

Also people act like this whole Kane thing is some all consuming obsession that dominates hours of people's days. It's just fluff. It's pro sports. It's fun to have villains and it's all pretty silly in the end. I don't see why some people have such a problem with it.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Bogosian liked Winnipeg and was happy to be here. Believe me or don't but I have a few connections that are reliable that have told me that.

Kane??? God. Honestly I can't wait for this season to be over, so that we can HOPEFULLY stop being so ******** about the whole thing. Like we never stop talking about it.

Kane was a jerk.

JMO.

Yea this summarizes my viewpoint exactly.

Zach loved it here and this I know. Did the walls start closing in on him the last season a bit? Probably, but unless someone has him on the record saying he asked for a trade I call bull ****.

Evander may not have wanted to be here but guess what, the Org didn't want him here either however, it was business and I think they wanted to let it play out longer to see if Maurice and time could make it workable. Despite the strained relationship I never felt cheated by Kane's effort so it is what it is. Also the fact he has been really struggling the last 2 1/2 seasons makes this allot easier.

I am hoping to have some good laughs tomorrow at the game but past that I am glad Kane is in our rearview mirror now so we can start a new chapter but I don't really think about it much.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I'm not goin crazy about it. Doesn't matter to me at all.

Also people act like this whole Kane thing is some all consuming obsession that dominates hours of people's days. It's just fluff. It's pro sports. It's fun to have villains and it's all pretty silly in the end. I don't see why some people have such a problem with it.

Agreed, it's just fun, something to talk about until Tuesday when it will all disappear into the ether.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

Kane was a jerk.

JMO.

Damien Cox's story on sportsnet.ca has a quote from Bogosian that mentioned he thought things were getting a bit stale for him here and that he looks at Buffalo as a second chance. I think that's where the Bogo asked for a trade stuff came from.

Totally possible that his girlfriend wasn't as happy with the city as he was though. We say that these people are making millions etc so they should be happy wherever, but a lot of them could be making the same millions elsewhere.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER

Kane was a jerk.

JMO.

100% signed. Its freaking annoying to see so many people around here always cry about Kane because he did this and maybe said that and now he sucks allthough he would probably think he's great but he's nooot hahahah and hihihi I'm a grown human but act like a 7 year old little kindergarden kid because Kane took his toys allthough he said he'd have better toys anyway. Kind of embarrasing actually. And after all that whining one still complains about the insecurity of Winnipeggers when people talk about the Peg? I mean what do you expect? Tomorrow, when 10k people in the MTS Centre passionately boo Kane, the entire NHL will laugh about it and say "well, if those Winnipeg people would have some class they'd know better and just ignore Kane".

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
lol, yeah, because the fans in other arenas around the NHL are soooooo "classy." :D

Lighten up Lucy!

Boxertim

Mar 21, 2014
winnipeg

Kane was a jerk.

JMO.

It is all in good fun. People like the Jets. Not every fan has to like exactly what you like. Some fans are going to enjoy the sideshow.

You find dwelling on Kane annoying and that is fine...what I find annoying is how often people will be discussing a topic and somebody parachutes in and drops fancy stats.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
It's my birthday tomorrow and I'm in the pacific timezone so this game will set the tone for the rest of the day...and basically determine how much of a gongshow it is

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
lol, yeah, because the fans in other arenas around the NHL are soooooo "classy." :D

Lighten up Lucy!

Who said that? Nobody.

It's not a matter of how people in other arenas are like. Why not be better than that? Why not have enough self esteem to just ignore all about it? How can you (people in general, not just YOU) talk about Evander Kane the way you do (dont forget he's still a young guy ... most people ranting about him that way are probably older than him) while acting just as silly as him? I don't get it.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Damien Cox's story on sportsnet.ca has a quote from Bogosian that mentioned he thought things were getting a bit stale for him here and that he looks at Buffalo as a second chance. I think that's where the Bogo asked for a trade stuff came from.

Totally possible that his girlfriend wasn't as happy with the city as he was though. We say that these people are making millions etc so they should be happy wherever, but a lot of them could be making the same millions elsewhere.

Nope, not Cox's story. Early yesterday on TSN1290 Lawless was on (not during his show) and was asked about Bogosian asking for a trade from the Jets. Lawless replied that it was the 1st that he had heard about it so he had nothing to say. Sometime after 4:00 pm on H&L Lawless had the name of the person reporting that Bogo had asked for a trade out of Winnipeg and that the story was coming out of Buffalo. It sounded like it was a Buffalo media person.

Brominator

Sep 12, 2009
WPG
Who said that? Nobody.

It's not a matter of how people in other arenas are like. Why not be better than that? Why not have enough self esteem to just ignore all about it? How can you (people in general, not just YOU) talk about Evander Kane the way you do (dont forget he's still a young guy ... most people ranting about him that way are probably older than him) while acting just as silly as him? I don't get it.

It's not about self esteem either. The fans are the paying customers and are there to be entertained. Nothing wrong with that. A few silly track suit related chants will not reflect poorly on the city or the fanbase. I think most of the league is curious to see what the most creative and passionate fans in the league are going to come up with.

As long as none of the chants go over the line (nothing about the allegations, nothing about race, etc) it's all in good fun.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida

I appreciate this but tbh as soon as I see Damien Cox' name my eyes near roll out of my head.

I think there is probably some truth in the above. I wouldn't be surprised if Bogosian's gf wanted out (though I can't imagine she's much happier in Buffalo :) ). As for the stale thing? I bet that Bogosian was just frustrated with how his career was going, and was hoping a new environment would invigorate it. I think that was less a Winnipeg thing and more a Zach thing.

Also to be considered is that Bogo is a very active on social media and being as hockey crazed as we are in Winnipeg there was a constant stream of critique coming at him. I think that is why he left twitter for that time.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
It is all in good fun. People like the Jets. Not every fan has to like exactly what you like. Some fans are going to enjoy the sideshow.

You find dwelling on Kane annoying and that is fine...what I find annoying is how often people will be discussing a topic and somebody parachutes in and drops fancy stats.

You are absolutely right, I don't want the people who are having fun with it to not have fun with it... I think the tracksuit, chants and general environment at MTSC is going to be great and I can't wait to watch.

Those people are just enjoying watching everything play out, that's great. The people that I'm getting a bit annoyed with are people who just can't seem to let go that someone wouldn't like Winnipeg, wanted out, or aren't the standard, polite upstanding Canadian kid.

I'm just saying E Kane isn't our problem any more. We have Stafford, Myers, Armia, Roslovic and Lemieux :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad