News Article: â€˜I asked for trade every off season in Winnipeg': Evander Kane

Status
Not open for further replies.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
This is the story Evander has been just chomping at the bit to tell and FINALLY he can! lol...Finally he can come right out and say it! "Yes! I hated Winnipeg and wanted out of that pissant burg asap!"

:D

I wonder what he would say if asked what his favorite place in Buffalo is? Hopefully the answer wouldn't be "my apartment." :D

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I really liked Kane as a player on the ice for the Jets.

I don't really care that much about his attitude off the ice.

The Jets are a better team and franchise since trading him to Buffalo.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Someone said it succinctly on the main board:

It took not Kane, nor his agent, to force a trade out of a city. It took his teammates acting out against him to force a trade. That says something.

Edgar Halliwax

aka Marvin Candle
Sep 23, 2011
Winnipeg
Kane strikes me as the type of person who feels he never does anything wrong. Anything bad that happens to him is someone else's fault. Good luck in your career Evander.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
What a tool. So glad that prima donna is gone. Lets recap:

To Buffalo:

Kane: 1 goal 2 assists (injured)
Bogosian: 0 goals 0 assists (injured)
Kasdorf: NCAA

To Winnipeg:

Stafford: 5 goals 2 assists
Myers: 0 goals 2 assists
Lemieux: OHL
Armia: AHL Moose
Roslovic: NCAA

Let's face it. Kasdorf is never going to be an NHL starter. He's 23 and has one good season. Armia could still make the Jets lineup. Lemieux will be a bottom 6 forward, and Roslovic has the potential to be a top 6 forward.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
The fact that he has to resort to complaining about Maurice not lauding him for playing hurt and playing the race card speaks to how weak of a person he truly is. Why is he still *****ing about Winnipeg? Shouldn't he be focused on his new team?

ihadtochangethename

Sep 1, 2012
USA
Dragging Winnipeg is his claim to fame. there is a likelihood that kane peaked while in the peg and will continue to regress OR remain stagnant-still not surpassing what he did with you. shame. maybe when he is past his prime he will see that. chevy was on an interview not too long ago-i cant remember when-and he spoke so highly of evander. it really shocked me to hear him say that they were proud of him having been a part of the organization. he didnt really hold much back (for chevy anyway) lol so he did not have to say that last part. i dont understand what is left to be proved. you have a new city and a guy named Eichel-one could argue a bigger and better opportunity. Im genuinely flummoxed.

Jetabre

Electric Ehlers
May 22, 2014
Winterpeg
Liked what he brought on the ice (as a person that could carry the 3rd line himself). But I'm glad the Kane off-ice antics are another team's to deal with now.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
What a tool. So glad that prima donna is gone. Lets recap:

To Buffalo:

Kane: 1 goal 2 assists (injured)
Bogosian: 0 goals 0 assists (injured)
Kasdorf: NCAA

To Winnipeg:

Stafford: 5 goals 2 assists
Myers: 0 goals 2 assists
Lemieux: OHL
Armia: AHL Moose
Roslovic: NCAA

Let's face it. Kasdorf is never going to be an NHL starter. He's 23 and has one good season. Armia could still make the Jets lineup. Lemieux will be a bottom 6 forward, and Roslovic has the potential to be a top 6 forward.

Yup. We got the better part of that deal by a mile. We are better today, with Myers and Stafford over Kane and Bogo. And will likely be far better in the future if even one of Lemieux, Armia or Roslovic pans out. And best of all Kane is now Buffalo's problem. How long is Kane going to be happy 3rd or 4th fiddle on the Sabres?

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
about Chevy.

Ya , i would like to see ANY OTHER GM try and make as good of a trade as Chevy did , ANY !!!!! Chevy won that trade even if he got NOTHING back , just getting rid of the locker room cancer made the Jets a better team ..... can you imagine what Ehlers , Petan , and Copp would have been seeing and listening to this year if that overrated gum ball was still here ?

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I really liked Kane as a player on the ice for the Jets.

I don't really care that much about his attitude off the ice.

The Jets are a better team and franchise since trading him to Buffalo.

I dont disagree with you, IMO the trade should of happened much sooner......we will never know 100% but I don't think it's a stretch to believe we got less value when he was traded vs 1-2 years before.

Oh well people make mistakes, life goes on. Chevy hopefully learns by his mistakes so he doesn't repeat them.

I hope Kane heals up and has a good career in the NHL.

IMO the whole Kane situation, how it was mishandled, track suit in shower, etc......has been a small black mark on this organization that I would sooner forget.

Savagestevo

Nov 29, 2011
Liked what he brought on the ice (as a person that could carry the 3rd line himself). But I'm glad the Kane off-ice antics are another team's to deal with now.

As a player he began to strike me as someone who would work only on a third line with players not particularly skilled. He worked well with people who could clean up any garbage he left and screen the goaltender for him. Players who didn't necessarily need the puck.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
about Chevy.

Actually it was pretty impressive how Chevy handled the Kane situation. Once Kane signed his long term deal, Chevy had all the leverage. Kane was likely told to go and prove himself so he could move him. Chevy then got 2 1/2 years of the best Kane could bring. Not overly impressive but he helped the team. Then when everything blows up taking advantage of a team that placed more value on him injured rather than healthy to maximize his return. Getting more than could be reasonably expected. In the process the Jets became even tighter and had a really nice stretch run to make the playoffs. Good work.

AWSAA

Sep 8, 2003
Says a lot about Chevy. Kane alone would have fetched us a blue chipper had he been moved earlier. Same with Bogosian, probably could have fetched Eberle, Draisaitl, their 7th pick in 2013 (Domi) or Yakupov from Edmonton as a centerpiece.

He traded two top 5 picks under 25 years of age and received only one core player in return (Myers), plus a couple of scratch lottery tickets. Almost ready to write off Armia, Lemieux's a 4th liner.... and Roslovic? Well, I'd rather have seen us pick Sprong or Beauvillier at #25.

Last edited:

Edgar Halliwax

aka Marvin Candle
Sep 23, 2011
Winnipeg
Says a lot about Chevy. Kane alone would have fetched us a blue chipper had he been moved earlier. Same with Bogosian, probably could have fetched Eberle, Draisaitl, their 7th pick in 2013 (Domi) or Yakupov from Edmonton as a centerpiece.

He traded two top 5 picks under 25 years of age and received only one core player in return (Myers), plus a couple of scratch lottery tickets. Almost ready to write Armia, Lemieux's a 4th liner.... and Roslovic? Well, I'd rather have seen us pick Sprong or Beauvillier at #25.

Eberle, Draisaitl - I highly doubt that.

Yakupov - who the **** would want him :help:

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
So Evander claims in the THN article the organization never had his back when all the rumours were swerling about skipping out on restaurant bills,etc and I think it was Hank who on the main board linked an article from the Free Press (2012) where Evander himself actually said how much the organization, Mark Chipman, his teammates indeed had his back during that time.

What an absolute ******* he is.

Derfel*

Kane ended up being an anchor in Winnipeg. Good he got what he wanted and we got what he wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad