News Article: â€˜I asked for trade every off season in Winnipeg': Evander Kane

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
From the North side of arena and

"IN THE SHOWER" from the South side

That is the best chant. None of the others, including monopoly money, he has millions of real dollars, or not paying the server, (rumour), are going to bother Kane.

SoupaTroupa

WHY NOT US?
Jan 8, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
I'm not wearing a track suit, but I was thinking of making a sign that says "Sorry I left my track suit in the shower" or something to that affect.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
I was thinking at work today about the best chant. Maybe "Staaaffords Betterrrrr" dun dun dun dun dun

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Does anyone have a link to the story out of Buffalo that was discussed at various time on TSN 1290 today that Bogo had also requested a trade?

As for Kane - anyone going down to the Fairmont to give him a warm Winnipeg welcome?:sarcasm:

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
As for Kane - anyone going down to the Fairmont to give him a warm Winnipeg welcome?:sarcasm:

not sure if serious.
only true dirtbeaks would do something like that.
maybe also drive to his house and heckle him there as well?

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Everybody blames Chevy for not going after a top FA but the only way he can get them is to over pay them because they would rather play in the big market cities.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
From the site rules:

[fieldset=Rule 13]Libel: Any posts libeling players, prospects, or hockey personnel. It's not acceptable to post that you heard Player X has a drinking/drug/sex/personal problem from a "good" source. Do not post information that can be considered defamatory without a link to a credible media source. Other forums, personal websites, hearsay, and personal testimonials are not considered credible. [/fieldset]

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I was thinking at work today about the best chant. Maybe "Staaaffords Betterrrrr" dun dun dun dun dun

I was thinking the same thing , but now i think 15000 people yelling Armias better would be even funnier and even more of a shot to Kane's massive ego :laugh:ARMIAS BETTERRRRR every time Kane hits the ice .

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Some "high-falutin" folks keep making the point that booing Kane (or doing anything in particular aimed at him) is exactly what he wants us to do and that he will "love the attention." Frankly, I don't care if he loves it. It's still good fun. But I also don't necessarily agree that he will love it. I expect he'll laugh it up at first, but I think he was really sort of embarrassed by the tracksuit incident and I can see him getting more and more pissed as the game wears on and he looks up at all the suits in the stands and hears the crowd chanting. I think it could make him do something dumb on the ice like trying to hit somebody to get some revenge and that could lead to more fun...in other words I think as much as he likes attention, this sort of attention might still "get into his head"...

but in the end it doesn't matter. Much like the Whiteout, this isn't about how it affects the player on the ice. It's mostly just fan fun...and there's nothing wrong with that.

ocdaddy

Nov 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Boo Kane... neutral on Bogo (apparently he wanted out too) and most importantly show the Jets some love...they're going to be 2 points back of the line after this win.

Chants-
Wheres your track suit
Staffords better
Same old ru...ush

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Boo Kane... neutral on Bogo (apparently he wanted out too) and most importantly show the Jets some love...they're going to be 2 points back of the line after this win.

Chants-
Wheres your track suit
Staffords better
Same old ru...ush

You have a media source for this, or is this more hearsay?

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
You have a media source for this, or is this more hearsay?

Hustler mentioned it on H&L yesterday. Apparently there was an article recently that mentioned he'd asked to be traded at some point. I don't know the details though.

At this point, I wonder if you lined up all the Jet's 2.0 players who'd asked for a trade alongside all the ones who hadn't, which line would be longer? :shakehead Hopefully there's less of that now than there was the first few seasons...I sorta feel bad for Chevy though. I imagine being the GM of The Winnipeg Jets is a job that has some challenges that other GMs don't have to deal with.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Yet another reason that the Jets pretty much have to be a primarily D&D team, with occasional hired gun help that comes and goes as needs arise.

SoupaTroupa

WHY NOT US?
Jan 8, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
Hustler mentioned it on H&L yesterday. Apparently there was an article recently that mentioned he'd asked to be traded at some point. I don't know the details though.

At this point, I wonder if you lined up all the Jet's 2.0 players who'd asked for a trade alongside all the ones who hadn't, which line would be longer? :shakehead Hopefully there's less of that now than there was the first few seasons...I sorta feel bad for Chevy though. I imagine being the GM of The Winnipeg Jets is a job that has some challenges that other GMs don't have to deal with.

I remember reading at the time (don't remember where) that Bogo had wanted to be closer to home. So if that's the case it's not necessarily that he wanted out of Winnipeg, but that he just wanted to be somewhere closer to home - such as Hamonic. I wouldn't fault him for that.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I don't really fault any of them for it. They are entitled to do what they want. Even Kane. It's just Kane's obvious disdain for Winnipeg that irks me...a guy who is less of a jerk would at least try and not be so obvious about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad