Post-Game Talk: Zzzzz in Seattle

Which B player will make the team?

• Total voters

Black Gold Extractor

May 4, 2010
You're saying there's a chasm in our org chart? 🤔

Eh, it was late at night, so my brain wasn't exactly at 100%. If we're worrying about how well our 4th and 5th best goaltenders are going to perform in the regular season or playoffs, the org would probably need to have a word with NHL Player Safety.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
One is an established NHL player that has scored 50G and 100NHL pts. The other is a prospect, until recently a suspect that has 1G 1A in his entire NHL career and is the older player. lol

I fail to see how talking about Benson flubbing chance after chance is OT or equivalent given he was actually playing in the game and this is a post game thread.

I don't even know what you're trying to say with the stat or why you insist on doing it in yet another yet. Done yet?
I just think you're being really harsh on the kid. Yes he's running out of time, but you have to give him credit for adapting himself to the situation given to him. He doesn't have to fight to be gritty, and he's improved on his speed which was his biggest knock. I still think he has a chance as a 4th liner.
He at least WANTS to be an Oiler, and is out there busting his butt to try and make it happen. If he can keep moving the puck in the right direction, and help keep it out of the net, then I'd give him a shot.

Reactions: capazzo

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I just think you're being really harsh on the kid. Yes he's running out of time, but you have to give him credit for adapting himself to the situation given to him. He doesn't have to fight to be gritty, and he's improved on his speed which was his biggest knock. I still think he has a chance as a 4th liner.
He at least WANTS to be an Oiler, and is out there busting his butt to try and make it happen. If he can keep moving the puck in the right direction, and help keep it out of the net, then I'd give him a shot.
I gave benson all kinds of credit after the first game. I thought he played that game well, said so in multiple posts and in the Benson thread. But after multiple chances yesterday it just occurs once again that he just doesn't cash. I mean really in first game its Holloway making all the offensive noise and moving things. Holloway was stirring the drink. Remove Holloway and the drink was stale.

Reactions: Aerchon

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
About the only way he makes the team if he can show consistency in being a pain in the ass and doesn't bleed goals.

We are lacking a guy like that in general so it would give the coaching staff a different look on the 4th line compared to what else we have.

At this point I don't know that we should be expecting offense from Benson or expecting him to reach his draft potential, but like others that's fine if he can succeed in a different role.

Reactions: McBooya42

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
I gave benson all kinds of credit after the first game. I thought he played that game well, said so in multiple posts and in the Benson thread. But after multiple chances yesterday it just occurs once again that he just doesn't cash. I mean really in first game its Holloway making all the offensive noise and moving things. Holloway was stirring the drink. Remove Holloway and the drink was stale.
Fair points.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad