Zykov suspended 20 games PED

GKG18

Expansion Fan
Jun 25, 2016
Hendertucky
That seems right- he stayed here in the offseason, worked hard, became somewhat of a beast. I wonder what the circumstances are? With Scmiddy you had the whole 'drop in a swimming pool' thing.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
That seems right- he stayed here in the offseason, worked hard, became somewhat of a beast. I wonder what the circumstances are? With Scmiddy you had the whole 'drop in a swimming pool' thing.

But perception is everything. I fully believe Schmidt's story, but a PED supension is a PED suspension in the eyes of the hockey world.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
On the plus side, it's no big loss. He simply hasn't done enough to stay in the lineup when Tuch comes back IMO.

This is a good opportunity for Roy (assuming he's clean...I kid, I kid)

Unfortunately, Roy won't get a chance, imo. We'll get to enjoy Pirri stinking up the forecheck.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Short term, he's SOL.

Given the team statement on this, how contrite will Val need to be to get back in the good graces of the team (brass, coaches, teammates)? How will the fans react? Does he understand the gravity of the situation?

Does he have a future with the team? Will the team cut its losses or allow him to rehabilitate (his reputation)?

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Without Val, VGK has only 11 healthy forwards. So, I'm expecting a recall from Chicago, or the team will be going with 7 D tonight.

There are 12 forwards without Zykov
Karlsson line
Stastny line
Glass Eakin Pirri
Reaves Nosek Carrier

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
I’m not surprised he is using. These types of tests are a joke and he was just dumb enough to get caught.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I’m not surprised he is using. These types of tests are a joke and he was just dumb enough to get caught.

Wife is Russian. It gives me cultural insight when her response is "This is BS, everyone in the league is using."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad