HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I'm sure they won't test Evander Kane for being 99.9% salt though
tenor.gif

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I think the thing that upsets me most is the perception this gives VGK after the Schmidt suspension. I don't want to hear the dumb jokes. I think they're stupid with Patriots, and I don't even follow the Patriots.

KnishOfTheCrease

Chez Pierre Enthusiast
Oct 8, 2010
Las Vegas
Oh, so he’s saying he openly knows that he took the supplement. Okay........he’s been taking this supplement for 4 years and now finally gets busted.

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
Just thinking maybe I've been a bit too hard on Zeke. He may be telling the truth about having taken the same supplement for several years. Could be that his buddy Igor mixed up a bad batch in his bathtub in Novosibirsk and Zeke had no idea. :thumbu: :nod:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I think the thing that upsets me most is the perception this gives VGK after the Schmidt suspension. I don't want to hear the dumb jokes. I think they're stupid with Patriots, and I don't even follow the Patriots.
The people who are using this to shit talk our team would have done so regardless.

hangman005

Face for Radio, Voice for Silent Movies
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
I told him not to drink the tap water,

"What's the point of this game anyway? It's just another chapter in the pointless rivalry between Vegas and San Jose. They built a mini mall, so we built a bigger mini mall. They made the world's largest pizza, so we burned down their city hall."

"Yeah, they swore they'd get us back by spiking our water supply. But they didn't have the guts."

artificialintuition

Nov 21, 2017

Paywall. Agent claims supplements approved.

:dunno:

NHL really doesn't do much testing at all, so for one team to have two guys busted is a big slip-up.

Also, there's a pretty strong agreement the players' union has (similar to the NFL) where the testing agency cannot state what a player has been busted for. This means that a player (or an agent in this case) can come through and say "tainted supplement" without having to provide evidence.

This is not the case for cycling -- WADA/USADA announce the ban and what it was for.

Tainted supplements can happen, and if/when they do, people really fight the suspension. This one seems... opportunistic.

Also, there's a very real benefit to taking banned substances for years: you can train harder and reap the rewards, even after you've stopped taking the banned substance.

It's really hard to imagine playing a full NHL schedule -- with the beating these guys take -- "au naturale." :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->