Zucker calls out Wild, Boudreau after latest embarrassing loss

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
At this rate Wild be roughly 5-20 in 25 games. Does anyone think they will keep losing at this clip? I dont. I expect them to be about 12-13 or so, 25 games in. Just a guess, obviously.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
This is considered calling his team and coach out? This seems like a standard response many veterans have given when the team is struggling.

Chrisinroch

Jan 5, 2013
The Golden Triangle
The guy who tweeted out the quote and has a recording of it says that Zucker

A) didn’t mean it as pointing a finger at BB, and
B) Spent most of the interview repeatedly taking responsibility for his poor play.

Russo, who isn’t a Wild Bobo, was surprised the quote was taken that way.

Reactions: Monkeypox and TaLoN

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
To be fair, anybody paying attention could have predicted this in the offseason. If the Wild management had been watching the Wings over the last few years they would have known not to try to prop up an aging declining club by signing the oldest free agent on the market and then calling it a summer.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
This should have been predicted years and years ago when they went all in on the free agent market. Them and the Kings will spend a good amount of time in the basement. Except the Kings got their cups

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I don’t believe Zuckers intentions were to throw Coach B under the bus. His comments while true weren’t exactly well thought out. You just don’t use the media to attempt and solve a problem in a room or send a message.

When a team is in a tailspin the last thing needed is added media attention. Poor move on his part. Should have had a players only meeting and if he truly believes he can’t get that message across to the room in private he needs to request a trade
They did have a players only meeting. The quote that some claim he was calling out Bruce, said as much.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
I have zero problems with what Zucker said. He is also correct.

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
Brucie needs to go, he is an offensive minded coach and when he switched to a more defensive system with the Caps he struggled. Getting a defensive coach would curb the bleeding and get the boys some confidence. They still have a good backend, boring hockey it is. Still bottom feeding but atleast would put up a fight.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Dumba, Hunt, and Spurgeon are anything but boring. Sometimes I wish that Dumba and Hunt would be more boring. I even love watching Brodin play...the things he does on a nightly basis aren't easy, and take skill.

The forwards...I'll give you that. For the most part they play a very dull game.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I think Jason Zucker is beyond fed up with the Minnesota Wild as they are right now, practically begging for a trade to a team that's ready to contend.

I can almost bet that if not Paul Maurice or John Hynes, Boudreau is bound to be fired. Wild probably take an intern coach and Boudreau finds himself as the coach of the New Jersey Devils.

He bitched about almost getting traded to Calgary just last year... I don’t think he wants to leave.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chrisinroch

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
That's what you have Hakstol for.

;)

One of my worse case scenarios. We fire Babcock a stubborn outdated coach who atleast is well renowned and has had success in the past for an even more stubborn coach who is heavily biased towards good pros and he does not even have any real accomplishments to his name.

That would only happen though if we see Shanny fired. Dubas is not dumb enough to hire hakstol over keefe/better external option and Shanny will give Dubas atleast 1 head coach before looking to move on

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I don't think Bruce is the type to get offended by that. He's probably said the same to the players.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
One of my worse case scenarios. We fire Babcock a stubborn outdated coach who atleast is well renowned and has had success in the past for an even more stubborn coach who is heavily biased towards good pros and he does not even have any real accomplishments to his name.

That would only happen though if we see Shanny fired. Dubas is not dumb enough to hire hakstol over keefe/better external option and Shanny will give Dubas atleast 1 head coach before looking to move on
Yeah I agree. Keefe will 100% be the next Leafs coach. Just a matter of when.

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City
"I've/we've got to be better" has got to be one of the worst cliches in hockey, and that's really saying something. No **** you have to be "better," dummies. Try explaining precisely how you intend to do so without saying "get pucks deep" or "hard on the puck" or "play our game."

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
my favorite is when they say "we have to start playing for each other" when asked about motivation then in the next game look even worse. so...you guys hate each other, then?

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
He definitely called out Bruce. Most players would say "from the coaches down"...
"from the coaches down" is just as much a spotlight on the HC as calling him by name alongside all the players. i don't recall hearing that much, either.
Ultimately though if Bruce isn't pissed about it this shouldn't be any sort of distraction.

Reactions: TaLoN

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad