Zucker calls out Wild, Boudreau after latest embarrassing loss

General Disarray

Jul 21, 2016
Toronto
"from the coaches down" is just as much a spotlight on the HC as calling him by name alongside all the players. i don't recall hearing that much, either.
Ultimately though if Bruce isn't pissed about it this shouldn't be any sort of distraction.
"Coaches" mean all coaches. Just like "management down" means everyone upstairs. When you specify his name it singles him out.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
"Coaches" mean all coaches. Just like "management down" means everyone upstairs. When you specify his name it singles him out.

Technically yes, but it sounds to me from all the post-hubub quotes that he meant it as in a "top to bottom" sense for everyone responsible for performing during the game and started with the coach (by name, which is universally considered bad form whether he's naming another player or coach or whatever). Definitely should have kept it "coaches on down" like the guidebook says but when any coach is mentioned in general it is implicitly the head coach in focus.

edit: i'm just glad he didn't start with Mikko or Parise.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
His whole point was that it’s everyone’s fault not just Bruce’s fault. Essentially it’s the exact opposite as the OP tries to paint his statement.

Reactions: TaLoN

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
It's tough to blow it up in a hard cap league. It takes time. Guys in their 30's with multiple years left, they're not wanted. Unless they're still productive, but even then, not always an easy sell. If the Wild are this bad, it's going to be a while. They might be able to make one trade this year, and that's Koivu at the deadline. Even Zucker or Dumba would be tough to trade yet, just because early seasons trades are close to non-existent in the league now. Few other teams can just take them on for picks and prospects, and certainly not full blown contenders.

There's no quick fix. There has to be a lot of bad, boring, and meaningless hockey before wheels start turning. If this was 2002, you could trade Parise to Toronto today, and throw Zuccarello in for fun, Suter to Detroit, and Staal back to NY, and get that rebuilding underway. None of that is really an option anymore.

This is what we did in Edmonton.

Even after Pronger wanted out, we missed the playoffs, we desperately tried to make moves that got us back in.

Hence the Vanek and Penner offer sheets.

Huge swing and miss deals / signings to bring in Souray Visnovski and Pitkannen to fill the void Pronger left. Trading away Stoll, Smyth, and Torres.

Overpaying pending UFA's like Horcoff. Sitting on him and Hemsky as they got old and watched their games decline.

We fought tanking badly, but the wheels fell off. But there was no intention of finishing last.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Maybe it’s time Billy Guerin to call up his old GM, LL, and swing a deal.

Leddy + for Zucker.

Or

A lottery protected 1st and Kieffer Bellows/Aho.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Wild don't need Leddy. They have a strong D, with plenty of offense(Suter, Spurgeon, Dumba, Hunt). They need talented forwards.

Wouldn't take Bellows for free.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Bruce is on his way out, which is fine. The team does not need him and definitely does not need them either.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
I didn't think what he said was out of line. I'm pretty sure Boudreau understood the point he was trying to make. The media is gonna media though.

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
Much better record in their last 10 games. And won their last 4. I thought Boudreau just might have something left to show...be interesting to see where the team goes from this point..

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
lol at all the offense taken at bumping a thread from the same season (really not that long ago at all, either). I guess in my world, "necro bump" would be like reviving a thread that was a year (or 5 years in some instances with me) old.

LOL people are so triggered these days over the most trivial things.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
lol at all the offense taken at bumping a thread from the same season (really not that long ago at all, either). I guess in my world, "necro bump" would be like reviving a thread that was a year (or 5 years in some instances with me) old.

LOL people are so triggered these days over the most trivial things.
Your thread bump has nothing to do with the subject of the thread.

The thread itself is based on a misunderstanding. No reason to bump this dread thread.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad