Value of: Zuccarello to the Flames for ??

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
There was some speculation that a last minute deadline deal of Zucc to Calgary fell through.

It looks like Calgary's D is pretty solid with 5 slots going to Hamilton, Hamonic, Brodie, Giordano and Stone. They seem to have a few decent prospects in the system as well but maybe nowhere to put them for a while.

Offers for Zuccarello?

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
There was some speculation that a last minute deadline deal of Zucc to Calgary fell through.

It looks like Calgary's D is pretty solid with 5 slots going to Hamilton, Hamonic, Brodie, Giordano and Stone. They seem to have a few decent prospects in the system as well but maybe nowhere to put them for a while.

Offers for Zuccarello?
If previous threads are an indication, NYR fans are going to want a shocking overpayment.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Probably want something like Brodie and a first-round pick for him.
Don't get me wrong, Zuccs is a fantastic player but I wouldn't even trade Brodie straight up for him.
He's a 60pt winger who is 30 years old and looking at a big payday next summer.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Probably want something like Brodie and a first-round pick for him.

Why would we want Brodie? He's a good player, but he's 28 in June and has 2 years left on his contract. He isn't in the age group we would be targeting. Plus, he's left handed and we just loaded up on left handed D prospects.

The obvious implication in the OP is that one of your defensive prospects would be the target, most likely Fox, plus whatever to make the value even.

Reactions: bernmeister

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Why would we want Brodie? He's a good player, but he's 28 in June and has 2 years left on his contract. He isn't in the age group we would be targeting. Plus, he's left handed and we just loaded up on left handed D prospects.

The obvious implication in the OP is that one of your defensive prospects would be the target, most likely Fox, plus whatever to make the value even.
Fox+ is a fair basis to build on, IMO.

Reactions: haveandare

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Fox+ is a fair basis to build on, IMO.
Yes.

The Rangers could probably get a 1st for Zuccarello at the deadline as a rental. The fact that Calgary doesn't have their 1st this year hurts them in such a negotiation, especially if they dont want to go back to back years without a first.

So yes Flames would need to start with Fox and go from there.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Thus why you aren't a GM. Every other GM would be laughing at you.
I get that Rangers fans are insecure over the McD trade but you don't need to be salty just because I wouldn't trade a 27 year old #3 dman with 2 years left for a 30 year old winger with 1 year left (Not to mention, there are only 16 points between their career years...)

Last edited:

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Yes.

The Rangers could probably get a 1st for Zuccarello at the deadline as a rental. The fact that Calgary doesn't have their 1st this year hurts them in such a negotiation, especially if they dont want to go back to back years without a first.

Calgary has 2 picks round 4 this year and next, few picks this year in deep draft.
Fox is his rights, unsigned and technically college UFA risk, but he is the target.

Zuc + Rangers 2 2nd round picks in 2018 [NYR + NJD]
for
rights to Fox
Calgary's 2 picks 4th round both 2018 + 2019
and some other very small +

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Zuccarello is a better player on a better contract and younger (more worthy of being re-signed) than Nash, who brought back #1, #7, a middle-6 forward and a B prospect.

Shattenkirk brought back #1, a conditional #2 and a prospect.

Zuccarello should bring back more. Plus, if a trade takes pace this summer, a team gets the regular season too, not just the playoffs.

Probably #1, #2 and a B+ prospect.

WhoTagz

Jan 28, 2017
Pennsylvania

Offers for Zuccarello?

Package of picks would suit me..

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
Calgary has 2 picks round 4 this year and next, few picks this year in deep draft.
Fox is his rights, unsigned and technically college UFA risk, but he is the target.

Zuc + Rangers 2 2nd round picks in 2018 [NYR + NJD]
for
rights to Fox
Calgary's 2 picks 4th round both 2018 + 2019
and some other very small +

Over payment by the Rangers.
Zuc for Fox + small add seems to be a reasonable starting point.
Why would the Rangers give up 2 2nd rd picks for 4 total 4th rd picks?
Extra moving parts are unnecessary. The Rangers would be much better off selecting with those 2 2nd rd picks.

Reactions: Rangers_23

slg1963

Jan 23, 2015
Canada
Over payment by the Rangers.
Zuc for Fox + small add seems to be a reasonable starting point.
Why would the Rangers give up 2 2nd rd picks for 4 total 4th rd picks?
Extra moving parts are unnecessary. The Rangers would be much better off selecting with those 2 2nd rd picks.

Agree with this 100 % , Rangers giving up way too much . Zuc for Fox and a 2nd

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
Yes.

They might get a first but a late first

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
WOW the Flames have no picks in Rd 1,2,3 this year and no 2 next
NYR want to get young
i think Rasmus(53d OA'15) and Ruzicka(109th OA'17) would be fair

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
If Calgary offered Adam Fox + CAL 2nd '18 I'd be fine with that.

If they want to expand on that how about:

Zuccarello + TB 1st '18 for Fox + CAL 2nd '18 + CAL 1st '19

Calgary gets a 1st this year and the Rangers spread out their picks to 2019 a bit

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
The problem here is that Zuccarello is a left shot. I can't see us giving up our best remaining trade pieces for a left shot.

I'd rather us look at other targets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad