Zuccarello out until April after blocking shot (UPD: returns Apr. 2nd)

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
I guess if we can still get into the playoffs we’ll have a fresh Zuccarello going in.

Just trying to think positive but man this really sucks.

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
That absolutely sucks. Even though he killed my Canes on the regular, I've always liked Zucc and the way he plays. He was just what the doctor ordered for the Stars offense.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Couple of things. First, so many posters trashing Zucc's value before he was traded. Stars fans got a brief glimpse into what Ranger fans have known for years. I am still disappointed that the Rangers moved him for that return.
Second, as a goaltender, I didn't like my team mates getting in front of shots from the point, but this has been going on forever in the NHL. Zucc did what was expected of him. The guy is a gamer. Sucks for him and Dallas. Wish him a speedy recovery and hope Dallas gets into the playoffs so Zucc can get back on the ice and show his stuff.

Reactions: IlikeEich

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Maybe Zucc wanted Nill gone also so he took one for the team to help us show Nill the door.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I watched almost every game Zucc ever played, and I don't know if I ever saw him try to block a shot like he did there.
Dallas should put Zucc on LTIR and bargain bin Derrick Brassard right now. He and Zucc have amazing chemistry and the cost can't be too high. By the time he comes back from injury the hits won't be worth much.

Reactions: Lays

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Oh man, what a bummer. Feel bad for Zucc there. He was having a nice game too. Hope Dallas makes a run and he gets some time in with them, I think he could be electric with their top players and god knows their top players could use some backup.

Reactions: Dynamite Time

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Couple of things. First, so many posters trashing Zucc's value before he was traded. Stars fans got a brief glimpse into what Ranger fans have known for years. I am still disappointed that the Rangers moved him for that return.
Second, as a goaltender, I didn't like my team mates getting in front of shots from the point, but this has been going on forever in the NHL. Zucc did what was expected of him. The guy is a gamer. Sucks for him and Dallas. Wish him a speedy recovery and hope Dallas gets into the playoffs so Zucc can get back on the ice and show his stuff.

Didn't see anyone trash Zucc's value, we know he good, but hells yes on the "don't block shots" thing. Clear out. It's amazing to me that in the age of advanced metrics we still think risking injury blocking a shot from 60 feet away is worth doing.

Reactions: Dynamite Time

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Didn't see anyone trash Zucc's value, we know he good, but hells yes on the "don't block shots" thing. Clear out. It's amazing to me that in the age of advanced metrics we still think risking injury blocking a shot from 60 feet away is worth doing.

Could've been one of those things where he didn't get out of the way in time.....I imagine when you're skating around at such a high speed and then you look up and realize you're in the shooting lane with half a second before the shot is fired on goal, there probably aren't too many players who are going to dive out of the way of the shot.

All he can do is brace for it and hope it doesn't hurt. Unfortunately for Zucc, the hockey gods felt like pranking Dallas yesterday. So here we are. :help:

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Could've been one of those things where he didn't get out of the way in time.....I imagine when you're skating around at such a high speed and then you look up and realize you're in the shooting lane with half a second before the shot is fired on goal, there probably aren't too many players who are going to dive out of the way of the shot.

All he can do is brace for it and hope it doesn't hurt. Unfortunately for Zucc, the hockey gods felt like pranking Dallas yesterday. So here we are. :help:

Oh in no way am I blaming Zucc, he's just doing what hockey players do. I'm more blaming coaches/culture for making players think it's a good idea. Obviously he's not gonna dive out of the way, but statistically and in terms of risk/reward that's what he should do.. but he'd be labeled soft for doing so. I jumped outta the way of a slapshot from a foot away in practice one day and got crap from my coach for it- like, what? It was a terrible shot- chances are it bounces off my shin pads and I get a breakaway, at best it breaks my foot. Not taking that for nothing in practice against my own team, but hey, hockey culture!

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I watched almost every game Zucc ever played, and I don't know if I ever saw him try to block a shot like he did there.
Dallas should put Zucc on LTIR and bargain bin Derrick Brassard right now. He and Zucc have amazing chemistry and the cost can't be too high. By the time he comes back from injury the hits won't be worth much.
Agreed. Think Dallas gets Brassard

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke

Don't see how this is only 4 weeks

Nope.

Even IF Dallas makes the playoffs and, even more miraculously, makes it all the way to the semis, this injury could keep Zucc out long enough that he doesn't meet the "games played" mark needed to fulfill the condition on that 2019 pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad