Zuccarello out until April after blocking shot (UPD: returns Apr. 2nd)

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Wow, Stars fans about to bust out the liquor for this one I guess. I am too for my fantasy team.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
This sucks so much. He had such an amazing debut with a goal and an assist and then a simple blocked shot basically breaks his arm and knocks him out for at least 4 weeks. His 13 minutes he played with us gave Stars fans more excitement than we had seen all season long, and something we've been waiting for since last season's trade deadline. Man this is a tough blow

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
not saying dallas did but this is why you don't overpay for rentals.

Reactions: Phu

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
This sucks so much. He had such an amazing debut with a goal and an assist and then a simple blocked shot basically breaks his arm and knocks him out for at least 4 weeks. His 13 minutes he played with us gave Stars fans more excitement than we had seen all season long, and something we've been waiting for since last season's trade deadline. Man this is a tough blow

Two great plays that game too. He was one of the best players in the league over the past 20 games and probably wouldn’t have slowed down in that top 6.

Hoping he returns for the playoffs if Dallas can make it.

Cletus56

Nov 20, 2011
Austin
not saying dallas did but this is why you don't overpay for rentals.

Whether they overpaid remains to be seen, but that the fact that the trade locks up two 1sts, a second and a third hampers any chance to make another move tomorrow.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Two great plays that game too. He was one of the best players in the league over the past 20 games and probably wouldn’t have slowed down in that top 6.

Hoping he returns for the playoffs if Dallas can make it.

His immediate chemistry with Seguin and Radulov was impressive. Made for easily the most entertaining Stars hockey this season. Everytime Zucc was on the ice a chance for us would happen it felt like because of how crazy good his vision and passing is

Reactions: Lays

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012

Hate to see this happening to any team

BruinsFan37

Jun 26, 2015
Made me think of Brett Connolly getting injured in a freak accident in his first practice as a Bruin.

Zucc is a much better player of course, and it hurts the Stars a lot more, but that's what it made me think of.

Reactions: Macbanan

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Moving forward, if a player plays less than 5 games, the trade should turn in to a 7th round pick.

Initially teams who don’t put this condition in will get the player, but I can see this stipulation added to trades more and more in the future.

Last edited:

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Watch Dallas go out and get Stone, then zucarello comes back and combined they carry them to the Campbell

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
This is the weirdest thing I've ever seen.
Zuccarello is 31 years old, 5"8 and he's been in the NHL for 9 seasons now.
Since the 13-14 season he's played 77 or more games every year and POOF there he goes out for 4 weeks the minute he leaves NYC.
1G and 1A in 1st 13 minutes played with the Stars was looking quite promising.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
This is the weirdest thing I've ever seen.
Zuccarello is 31 years old, 5"8 and he's been in the NHL for 9 seasons now.
Since the 13-14 season he's played 77 or more games every year and POOF there he goes out for 4 weeks the minute he leaves NYC.
1G and 1A in 1st 13 minutes played with the Stars was looking quite promising.

Dallas inflicted with the western canada curse (not sure if Calgary has this issue)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad