Value of: Zuccarello at the draft

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
He's gotta be worth a decent bit, more than Brassard. He's the Rangers best forward every time i see them play. Puts up solid numbers
hes really a great playmaker. deadly in the shootout and a real heart and soul guy

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
You guys can twist Zuch all you like

the value on players who get assists and fancy stats(you can ask Arizona fans how key fancy stats is to winning)

end of the day you need people who can put the brisket into the basket ---first or second passing players need someone to get the puck to because they are not pure goal scorers and their value is not as high
OK the guy easily gets a first and prospect. His value is that of a top six playmaker you just don't want any Rangers hockey apparently

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
I doubt it - Lias Andersson is Rangers future captain. :)

MSG will riot if they move Zucc - it`s a dangerous situation for Gorton if the rebuild plan struggles the next two years and Zucc hit 70 + pts. and record year in a new franchise with a sniper on his line. Gorton should at least wait after 2018 draft and aim for a sniper/scoring winger and profit.

I don`t know what is going to happen, but it`s exciting nonetheless. ;)

And Oilers need to win later this evening since they only have 58 pts!. ))

Andersson? Maybe in five years or so.

Reactions: Ori

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
You guys can twist Zuch all you like

the value on players who get assists and fancy stats(you can ask Arizona fans how key fancy stats is to winning)

end of the day you need people who can put the brisket into the basket ---first or second passing players need someone to get the puck to because they are not pure goal scorers and their value is not as high

a brisket goes in a smoker, a biscuit goes in a basket.
Zuccarello gets far more than a 2nd and a prospect.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
WPG 1st, Berglund and Blais for zucc?

Not sure why they will do that - Rangers have almost no depth in the RW position, and we have too many centers at the moment aslo in Brett Howden in the deadline trade. I don`t think Blues is an ideal partner for him - unless they go mainly picks. But I doubt they will move a 30 years old for a 29 in a rebuild process. If they feel they need that veteran presence - they will probably just keep and sign Zucc for another 2-3 years contract. And the 1st pick is so late overall in 2018.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
1 year of Zucc until he is UFA - who are interested? :)

Last edited:

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn
I guess this will be the next hotly debated topic for the next 3 months coming out of Rangerland...over/under on how many Zucc threads until the draft - 30?

My guess is that he does get moved and Gorton will point at the Nash return as a baseline, in terms of value. So 1st & B/B+ prospect, at minimum. They're also in a position to take a cap dump, if necessary, to up the return value...I'm sure they'll explore that route.

I know draft picks are a hot commodity on HFB, but it wouldn't surprise me to see the Rangers ask for a top prospect instead of a 1st rounder. Gorton has mentioned bringing in youth that's closer to contributing over draft picks a number of times now.
Yeah that’s how the rebuild only lasts for 1-3 years. Otherwise, it could drag out to five if we wait for the picks to show up.

Reactions: haveandare

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
Just curious if he'd be available considering the current direction of the Rangers, and what the price would be? Also - if they're not trying to win/spend to the cap next year - would they retain 50%?

I'd be interested as an Oiler fan. Let's say our 2018 2nd lands around 37th, what do we add to make it happen (@50% retention)? Or are picks not that appealing considering the Rangers already have 3 firsts, 2 seconds and 2 thirds?
Revisiting this as I think Zucc will be moved at or before the draft, would a 2019 1st rounder be fair?

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
The deal I'd be looking at, not necessarily Edmonton. Is Zuccarello and one of our acquired 1st rd picks for a top 5 1st from a team who is stocked with young players and previous high talent 1st's and is looking to take a jump next season. There have to be at least 2 GM's on the hot seat looking to make that jump where another young player isn't needed and they have a hard time signing FA's.

We get: Top 5 pick

They get: Zuccarello and lower 1st.

That deal has to be a top 5 pick because no-one is giving up half developed top tier prospects as was seen the past TDL.
I don't really see a team that fits your description in the top 10 picks, much less the top 5. You wanna give me a hint?

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I'd like to see a deal with some sneaky conditions. Like we trade Zucc for a second this year and a conditional second in 2019.If team advances to certain point or they resign Zucc, pick becomes a first in 2019. If the first in 2019 is in the lottery, team can keep their pick but it cost first in 2020 and 2021. Basically a long shot deal to try and catch a perfect storm but with real upside if we hit our number. That's the only thing I don't like about all these pick is the idea that all contracts come due at the same time. Let's spread it out a bit.

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
Rangers should sign Zucc to a 4 year extension. Not make the mistake the stupid Oilers keep making. Putting no solid vet core around there young players.

RalphyDanger

"Where's the Hustle Boys!"
Nov 1, 2010
????

Grabner has back 27 goal years. Are saying Zuch who got 15 and 16 goals the last two years will get more?

Of all the players traded this year Grabner might have some of the highest recent goal totals, a lot of players returned 1sts. Grabner didn’t; goals aren’t everything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad