Zub 5.8 for 4 years. Do you do it?

Do you do it?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I don’t love the idea of letting him go into his walk year without a contract I consider him a core piece.
Well, I don't see us getting him signed till after the season, at this point you got to imagine he's wanting to see the team take the next step before putting pen to paper with any term, and Dorion will want to see where the prospects stand. I'd have loved to lock him in with term when he signed the current contract, that would have been the best of both worlds, as we could care less about cap hit now, and would have reduced it when it matters to us or needed to trade him. Missed opportunity, but he may not have been willing at that point.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
You simply cant contend with a top 4 d that soft and small. 5.8 for 22 minutes a game of positive hockey with a salary cap of 82+ million is good value per minute. There are so many ways to make his money work. Anything under 6 million and its good value. The sens have 16 million tied up in non NHL players currently cutting Zub out or letting him walk isn't the way to go about building a team that can win. They simply have to find another way.
I think that D at least size wise is bigger than Colorado's top 4.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I think that D at least size wise is bigger than Colorado's top 4.
Which got absolutely crushed by Vegas's forecheck last year so they went out and got Manson. Girard was put into a blender. It was the main reason they didnt get to the SCF.

Next year id like to see something like this. Not overly tough but atleast there isnt anyone that is easy to play against in the top 6.

Chabot Thomson
Sanderson Zub
Holden Hamonic
Brannstrom Del Zotto

Reactions: GCK

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Which got absolutely crushed by Vegas's forecheck last year so they went out and got Manson. Girard was put into a blender. It was the main reason they didnt get to the SCF.

Next year id like to see something like this. Not overly tough but atleast there isnt anyone that is easy to play against in the top 6.

Chabot Thomson
Sanderson Zub
Holden Hamonic
Brannstrom Del Zotto
One of the more interesting things to me this year has been del Zotto. He's been pretty good in his return and he wasn't horrific before his demotion. He's a 2m player and although he didn't play all year, we've got 2 m in value out of him when he has played. I wonder what caused the demotion.

You listed 8. Add jbd in there. That's 9. Be interesting to see how it plays out next year. I think all 9 are capable of playing in the top 6.

Colorado's defence was also quite young last year in addition to small. And they were quite small looking at the weights on hockey reference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad