Celebrity Death: Zsa Zsa Gabor, 99

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
I think she was married when she died. I remember reading a story here and there that the husband was desperate to keep her alive for her 100th birthday. Which struck me as odd because she was in such terrible shape the past 10 years.

Behn Wilson

Mar 14, 2002
Chicago, Il
Visit site
I was born in '82 so their time was completely before I was around. I only knew Zsa Zsa's name because of the cop-slapping incident, naturally, and aside from Green Acres had never heard of Eva.

She was a guest on Johnny Carson a lot, that is mostly where people knew her from. She was also known for marrying into money too, that is probably where the Kardashian stuff comes from, she was married to Conrad Hilton, Paris Hilton's Grandfather. She had 9 marriages Ijust looked I tup.

Acadmus

pastured mod
Jul 22, 2003
Vermont
I think she was married when she died. I remember reading a story here and there that the husband was desperate to keep her alive for her 100th birthday. Which struck me as odd because she was in such terrible shape the past 10 years.

She's been married to Frédéric Prinz von Anhalt since 1986. He wasn't a real German prince, though, he finagled the title by paying Princess Marie-Auguste of Anhalt to adopt him (as an adult).

Zsa Zsa had only one child, daughter Francesca Hilton, who died last year from a stroke at age 67. I guess she never knew her daughter died, the Wikipedia page says Frederic kept it secret from her "out of concern for her health." He's been carefully guarding access to Gabor for years, keeping her out of the public eye and filtering all information through himself.

Behn Wilson

Mar 14, 2002
Chicago, Il
Visit site
She's been married to Frédéric Prinz von Anhalt since 1986. He wasn't a real German prince, though, he finagled the title by paying Princess Marie-Auguste of Anhalt to adopt him (as an adult).

Zsa Zsa had only one child, daughter Francesca Hilton, who died last year from a stroke at age 67. I guess she never knew her daughter died, the Wikipedia page says Frederic kept it secret from her "out of concern for her health." He's been carefully guarding access to Gabor for years, keeping her out of the public eye and filtering all information through himself.

Good for him looking out for her.

That's not always the case such as Bob Hope & Groucho Marx where their spouses were taking advantage of & parading them in public with diminished capacities when they were long past the point they belonged in the public eye

Last edited:

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

there is more to it than that. Fredic made sure the Francesca had no access to her mother since almost the time they got married. the Francesca story is one of the most saddest stories I have ever heard. While other direct children of Conrad Hilton got millions(and Billions) Francesca got 100K and by protesting his will she lost that. She back her mother and that exiled her from her father and when Fredric got involve with her mother--Francesca got exiled from her. Francesca died some what homeless and penniless

Acadmus

pastured mod
Jul 22, 2003
Vermont
Good for him looking out for her.

That's not always the case such as Bob Hope & Groucho Marx where their spouses were taking advantage of & parading them in public with diminished capacities when they were long past the point they belonged in the public eye

there is more to it than that. Fredic made sure the Francesca had no access to her mother since almost the time they got married. the Francesca story is one of the most saddest stories I have ever heard. While other direct children of Conrad Hilton got millions(and Billions) Francesca got 100K and by protesting his will she lost that. She back her mother and that exiled her from her father and when Fredric got involve with her mother--Francesca got exiled from her. Francesca died some what homeless and penniless

I'd heard the part about Frederic keeping them apart, which is why I put the "out of concern for her health" part in quotes. Zsa Zsa was almost certainly NOT penniless, and I'm sure there was a degree of taking advantage to make sure he got everything when she died. Then again, not sure why he'd not even let her know her daughter was dead. Guess he was looking forward to all the gifts Zsa Zsa would get at that 100th birthday bash he was looking to throw her in Budapest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad