Post-Game Talk (GBU): Zoning In - Sabres 5-2 winners over Coyotes, 12/11/23

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
Rob's actually a Terminator. T-2 model. The human skin is just a facade/covering.

And he's had his core memory erased so he doesn't know what he really is. lol.

(Just discovered the Sara Conner Chronicles. Really enjoying the different look at the T gang.........)
to bad they cancelled that show back in the days I enjoyed it

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
.942 save percentage for Levi since the call up.

Keep the AHL as an option…but he’s earned games. Comrie has not.
I tentatively agree. The second he shows signs of struggling, he should go back down. That said, he absolutely deserves the playing time up in the NHL.

G: got to enjoy going to the game with my dad for the first time in over a decade.
O-K-R with the scoring touch
2 points in the bank

b: upcoming sabres after dark road trip. Gonna have to be ready for LVK and Avs.

u: "welcome to the sabrehood" dunleavy on E-Rob's first as a sabre.

Last edited:

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Great win. These injuries have allowed a pathway for players that are HUNGRY to get some playing time. It's become a nice mix of skill and hunger, which I think is playing a role in this team bringing it physically with consistency.

Tage has been throwing his weight around, too, so I see you, my man!

Levi was solid. I wonder if they send him down but call him up when they need a backup to play, but I'm sure that will be difficult to do logistically. I want him getting games, though.

It's going to be interesting what they do with this defense going forward. R. Johnson will likely be the #7 and get his games, but damn- he's been great. His edge work is really nice. I saw at least one spin-o-rama that bought him some space. Campbell would be proud. He also closed the gap on rushes a few times using a nice poke check to stop the rush.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I'm happy with the team's performance last night.

But the cynic in my left ear is whispering "it's Arizona after all... you know, part of the lower 16..."

My right ear angle responds with "well, that's where the Sabres current reside so what's your problem....."

Let's see how they perform against Az (in their barn) after Colorado and LV in succession.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

But the cynic in my left ear is whispering "it's Arizona after all... you know, part of the lower 16..."

My right ear angle responds with "well, that's where the Sabres current reside so what's your problem....."

Let's see how they perform against Az (in their barn) after Colorado and LV in succession.

One of the things with Buffalo has been playing down to the level of their competition though. So to have them play a more robust game against a team that actually does play far more of a simple, physical game than many AND for them to be handily in control from start to finish does seem like another step in the right direction.

Reactions: BUCKSHOT

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix

The Yotes did go on a run where the beat the last 5 stanley cup winning teams in a row

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
The Yotes did go on a run where the beat the last 5 stanley cup winning teams in a row
Yeah. That happens. Like the Sabres run 2nd half last season where everyone was taking them lightly and playing their #2 goaltender...

But it ain't a real measure of improvement until you at least qualify for a playoff berth.

One of the things with Buffalo has been playing down to the level of their competition though. So to have them play a more robust game against a team that actually does play far more of a simple, physical game than many AND for them to be handily in control from start to finish does seem like another step in the right direction.
That's what tonight and Friday is all about...... We shall see shan't we?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad