this-is-madness-george-crabtree.gif
Madness?

No, this is…Doobler.

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
His brother has his own line of vitamin water, let’s see if we can’t do the same for ol Radim. (Because nobody in the tristate area can make a legit pilsner.)

Reactions: Gurglesons

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Dude has the size and skating. Needs to work on receiving passes and chaining some skills together.

Also, given his size and him not being shy about using it, he should brush up on fighting. Just to protect himself.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Dude has the size and skating. Needs to work on receiving passes and chaining some skills together.

Also, given his size and him not being shy about using it, he should brush up on fighting. Just to protect himself.
he can come to my judo club, we'll teach him the ways. usk (the best judo club in the country) on the other hand would eat him alive.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I could see Zohorna breaking through tbh. We had 14 forwards play 40 plus games last year. Right now that 14th is someone headed to WBS, and it appears to be between Zohorna, Koppanen, and Poulin. Given Poulin's pedigree and Koppanen's contract status it would seem tilted to them, but Zohorna already has the NHL minutes. I can see him getting a lot of NHL minutes this season. If he does, it's up to him to prove his case.

Tbh, waivers was an absolute disaster for him last year. He seem poised to spend a lot of time in the show last year, then Calgary snaffled him only to decide they didn't actually like him. Up to him to make up for lost time.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Is there any accurate info on the terms of the depth signings? I’m not sure I believe capfriendly. They’re saying Shea, without a single NHL game on his resume, has a one-way deal but Butcher’s is two-way. Koppanen is earning more in the AHL than Zohorna despite way less NHL experience and the 2nd year of his deal is one-way too?

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Is there any accurate info on the terms of the depth signings? I’m not sure I believe capfriendly. They’re saying Shea, without a single NHL game on his resume, has a one-way deal but Butcher’s is two-way. Koppanen is earning more in the AHL than Zohorna despite way less NHL experience and the 2nd year of his deal is one-way too?

I can't see anything from the Pens saying one way or another now you mention it and some tweets - albeit from no more reliable sources - do say both Shea and Koppanen are two way. all the way.

Reactions: Jacob

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office

I hope he can put it together. When I’ve watched him I’ve seen that it’s almost there… just one or two things need to click on how he is viewing the ice or moving the play up the ice and he could be a very effective 3rd liner. Possibly a third wheel on a 2nd line. I hope he can navigate that in his progression.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Zo might just be a masochist and gets off on being treated like shit by Sullivan.

Because it just makes zero sense to come back and be used poorly again.

BillyOcean

Jan 2, 2015
Guy was +16 in 25 games and had 10 points for the Penguins. I really don't understand why he wasn't given more of a shake. I would have moreso rather had him in the lineup last year than practically any other player in the bottom 6. I'm not some mark either. I just don't understand how you take someone like that and not see what you have with him. He's basically the Tike Redman of the Penguins.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Guy was +16 in 25 games and had 10 points for the Penguins. I really don't understand why he wasn't given more of a shake. I would have moreso rather had him in the lineup last year than practically any other player in the bottom 6. I'm not some mark either. I just don't understand how you take someone like that and not see what you have with him. He's basically the Tike Redman of the Penguins.
wow I did not realize...+16 in 25 games for a 4th liner and limited minutes that is quite good, wonder why he could not do shit in Calgary

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
wow I did not realize...+16 in 25 games for a 4th liner and limited minutes that is quite good, wonder why he could not do shit in Calgary
Yep. 7:1 ratio in goals scored with him on the ice. Really good production too for those minutes.
If he doesn't even get a chance to play over Nieto and the like then I'm gonna be irritated.
Not sure why he failed in Calgary. Many guys struggled there under Sutter last year though. Bunch of players wanting to leave now. Can't imagine the atmosphere was very good there last season.
It's not like it was a large sample anyway. 8 games with shit usage.
A guy like Rakell puts up the minutes Z had in Calgary in like 3-4 games. If he goes scoreless in that period people barely care.

Z rebounded in Toronto though, as short as that was.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00