Value of: Zibanejad To Flames

Klaus3154

Apr 22, 2018
New York
All fair points, though that could change based on any other potential moves(s) they make. That lack of depth @ C is why the Miller trade made me scratch my head. And bonus pts for being able to make a logical & thoughtful argument instead of acting like a child.

Still scratching my head with the Miller trade as well

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
All fair points, though that could change based on any other potential moves(s) they make. That lack of depth @ C is why the Miller trade made me scratch my head. And bonus pts for being able to make a logical & thoughtful argument instead of acting like a child.
The Rangers used Miller more at wing he was quite ineffective at the center ice position for the Rangers. He was much more effective at wing. That being said going forward I feel we will be weaker at wing than at center. Besides Hayes/Zib they have 3 other young first round centers who hopefully will be ready in next year or two so center ice is definitely not their weakness compared to RHD and scoring wingers. I was shocked that they traded him. Only thing i can think of is that Yzerman asked for him to be included in the deal???

Reactions: haveandare

doomscroll

Jan 15, 2018

Miller wasn’t utilized as a center all that often with the Rangers (which may have been an issue to some degree with Vigneault’s deployment, but they’re both gone now so it is what it is). He’s good at faceoffs, but I can say from watching the past few years that he did struggle quite a bit at center, possibly just from the growing pains of development, and was not a player who could drive a line consistently. I won’t judge the McDonagh/Miller trade until Howden, Hajek, and the picks involved materialize as players in the show, but Miller was never going to thrive woth the Rangers in the way he is with Kucherov and Stamkos.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Zibanejad will be a important piece of this quick rebuild. Hayes actually flourished once they dumped that lazy dope Miller. His faceoff's get better and better each year.

I'd much rather the Rangers move Buchnevich. Don't see him as a fit going forward with the team. I think Gorton will be extremely aggressive trying to move up in the top 5 in this draft by using pieces like Buchnevich, Skjei, Spooner and Namestnikov along with the 9th pick if Tkachuk slips past 4 which I believe he will.

I feel like that would be foolish, to spend those kind of assets to move up in the draft.

Reactions: Klaus3154

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I think if the Flames looked at any Rangers it would be Zuccarello, Hayes and Kreider

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I think if the Flames looked at any Rangers it would be Zuccarello, Hayes and Kreider

Until Andersson/Chytil can play a top-6 role in NY, Zibanejad and Hayes are not available.

Kreiders cost may be too overwhelming. Zuccarello on the other hand is available. He was a player that came close to being moved at the deadline.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
What would a deal with this base look like ? Zibby + TB 1st/Bos 1st for Dube/Jankowski + Fox/Andersson + Cgy's 1st(19)

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Why is one of the Rangers 1st round picks in there

Thanks for the reply but you're not adding any additional information therefore I'll answer your question unhappily :/ TB's 1st was the first one I put it there but then I added in Janks (it was originally Dube + Fox/Andersson + Cgy's 2nd (19) but I edited it before i posted it) Calgary/GMBT has reportedly said he was trying to get a 1st in this draft, Calgary's 1st next year will be for sure higher than a 28-31st pick that's why I did the /Bos because it'll be higher than there's also, and i said this was a base deal, so I was hoping for additional information/discussion, don't addaanything don't reply, this isn't Facebook I'm not looking for useless replies, no offense or anything.
I'll add into context, Dube/Janks could both become top 6 C's with the tools they have, Dube is our top forward prospect whom is a C naturally, Fox/Andersson are our #2/3 d prospect(I have higher hopes on Andersson) and I still don't see us heading deep with Smith as our #1G so lets go with one of the first two rounds with Zibby's addition.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Until Andersson/Chytil can play a top-6 role in NY, Zibanejad and Hayes are not available.

Kreiders cost may be too overwhelming. Zuccarello on the other hand is available. He was a player that came close to being moved at the deadline.
Looking at someone doesn't mean a move can be made.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
Zibanejad will be a important piece of this quick rebuild. Hayes actually flourished once they dumped that lazy dope Miller. His faceoff's get better and better each year.

I'd much rather the Rangers move Buchnevich. Don't see him as a fit going forward with the team. I think Gorton will be extremely aggressive trying to move up in the top 5 in this draft by using pieces like Buchnevich, Skjei, Spooner and Namestnikov along with the 9th pick if Tkachuk slips past 4 which I believe he will.

Buch and Skjei are the young core of this team, there is no way they are moved unless a young bonafide superstar (Trouba)is the return and that isn't likely.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
He hates Buchnevich. He’d move him for a late 7th.

And moving Skjei is completely asinine to move up this draft.

Terrible asset and talent management overall by that poster.

I agree. Buch looks like he could end up as a 50-60pt forward, Skjei is a really, really good dman. You might move up 2-3 spots by offering those players in the hopes that you draft a similar player who’s ready in 2-3 years.

Reactions: NewYorkNick

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Hamilton+. Value wise Hamilton has more value but we have 0 need to move Zib and we don't need Hamilton, we need a dman who can play defense, we have offensive RHD

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Your 50 point centre does not get a 50 point top pairing defenceman with out a significant add. At least a 1st.
*Coughs* 51 point center. I mean, if we're using best years... The last 2 years he was over that pace per 82 games, unfortunately injuries kept him out. Either way, we're not adding. Removing Zibanejad from out line-up is a step in the wrong direction.

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
I agree. Buch looks like he could end up as a 50-60pt forward, Skjei is a really, really good dman. You might move up 2-3 spots by offering those players in the hopes that you draft a similar player who’s ready in 2-3 years.

Buchnevich is soft. Also, if some of our fans would do some research they would have realized the Rangers traded for 3 talented, left handed defenseman. That means they have 5 with Staal and Skjei. Two of those 5 are going to go. You will get more for proven guys than prospects. Trading Skjei to move to a top 4 or 5 pick in this draft would be a brilliant move. When you find the franchise talent forward on the Rangers, please wake the rest of us. They haven't had one since Messier was here.

I would dump Skjei in a second to get one of the top 3 forwards in this draft.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Buchnevich is soft. Also, if some of our fans would do some research they would have realized the Rangers traded for 3 talented, left handed defenseman. That means they have 5 with Staal and Skjei. Two of those 5 are going to go. You will get more for proven guys than prospects. Trading Skjei to move to a top 4 or 5 pick in this draft would be a brilliant move. When you find the franchise talent forward on the Rangers, please wake the rest of us. They haven't had one since Messier was here.

I would dump Skjei in a second to get one of the top 3 forwards in this draft.

The best you could likely hope to trade up to get would be Wahlstrom. Trading your pick and Skjei would be unwise to do so.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Why? Have you seen the idiotic turnovers he's had vs. Washington? Have fun paying that dope 5+ million.
5 Million is going to be peanuts in 2 years. Turnovers or not, players like that will be easily making 5 million, and guess what, it's f***ing worth it for the GM.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
5 Million is going to be peanuts in 2 years. Turnovers or not, players like that will be easily making 5 million, and guess what, it's ****ing worth it for the GM.
Miller can put points on the board and won't hurt much when the games aren't that important, but he's prone to the stupid errors he made last game and when he does stuff like that you can't really have him on the ice often enough to make him worth his money.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad