Value of: Zibanejad To Flames

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Why would NYR even consider moving him? You'd be paying a premium to acquire a centre and switching him to wing hurts his value. Sorry but the base of this proposal is already flawed.

Reactions: Vaghals

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
conversation begins and ends with hamilton
giphy.gif

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
I really don't see how the Rangers could afford to move Zibanejad right now. The center depth then becomes...

Hayes
Chytil
Andersson
Nieves
Howden

It's not really a smart idea to Ice that kind of lineup down the middle.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
I really don't see how the Rangers could afford to move Zibanejad right now. The center depth then becomes...

Hayes
Chytil
Andersson
Nieves
Howden

It's not really a smart idea to Ice that kind of lineup down the middle.

But damn is that center group going to look great in 2020!

I wouldn’t Zibanejad move for Hamilton. Let’s keep the player and grow our own Hamilton. We can name it Noah Dobson or something.

Last edited:

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Even a straight up swap makes us too weak down the middle for any benefit of bringing in Hamilton. I don't see moving Ziibanejad to the wing as a great option for the flames, considering they'd be parting with Hamilton or some other important asset/player.

Reactions: bl02

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Gaudreau.

Tkachuk is the most valuable asset they have and Gaudreau wants to take his talents to the eastern coast of 'Murica.
But positions aside, Zibby isn't worth Gaudreau. You'd have to assume that roster players such as Tkachuk, Gaudreau, and Monahan are off limits in a trade with Zibanejad as the main piece.

Reactions: MoneyHandsMonahan

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
But positions aside, Zibby isn't worth Gaudreau. You'd have to assume that roster players such as Tkachuk, Gaudreau, and Monahan are off limits in a trade with Zibanejad as the main piece.

As they all should be.
They're all younger than Mika and have surpassed his point producing ability already in their young careers (Tkachuk's 49 in 68 vs Mika's 51 in 81). I don't care how fire his beats are, it's not worth it.

Calgary's not looking to get worse. Doesn't make sense. It makes sense for Zibanejad; to get out of NYR during a rebuild... but he's a guy that seems to probably like playing in NY and enjoying that lifestyle.

WingsOverAvs

Non Right Winger
Jun 27, 2011
Orlando FL
Dont see Zib being worth what some seem to think he is. Good player but not worth a substantial haul. If NY wanted more value, they'd probably be better off moving at the deadline.

All that said, if NY is interested in a dedicated rebuild, id expect them to more value in draft picks

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
Dont see Zib being worth what some seem to think he is. Good player but not worth a substantial haul. If NY wanted more value, they'd probably be better off moving at the deadline.

All that said, if NY is interested in a dedicated rebuild, id expect them to more value in draft picks
The Rangers are not looking to move him. The OP was a Flames offer.

Klaus3154

Apr 22, 2018
New York

Keep seeing post inquiring about Hayes and Zib. Rangers are expecting them to break out which I am assumimg other people might be because they are inquiring. Don’t think people are asking just hoping to get the 50 point performances they have been putting up. If any team wants them you better blow the Rangers away or quite asking. They are not looking to move them for ‘fair value’

doomscroll

Jan 15, 2018

It’s not so much that Zibanejad is worth a king’s ransom, but that the Rangers’ center depth would be so depleted in the interim between him leaving and Chytil/Andersson/Howden developing that he’s worth far more with the team than his trade value would dictate. On top of that, his contract has pretty good value for the next four years and he has excellent chemistry with Kreider and Buchnevich.

The Rangers got great value acquiring Zibanejad for Brassard (ignoring the fact Gorton traded the second they received and a third for Smith). It would be poor asset management to rush trading Zib away unless it’s a deal the team can’t refuse.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Zib stays unless supply and demand league wide forces overpayment

CAL not a current fit in terms of what we want and what you'd pay.

Realistically we should be trying to agree on Fox and that is it for the moment.

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
How much would it cost to get Mika onto the flames? He’s a good righ shot shooter who could probably switch to RW from C.

Zibanejad will be a important piece of this quick rebuild. Hayes actually flourished once they dumped that lazy dope Miller. His faceoff's get better and better each year.

I'd much rather the Rangers move Buchnevich. Don't see him as a fit going forward with the team. I think Gorton will be extremely aggressive trying to move up in the top 5 in this draft by using pieces like Buchnevich, Skjei, Spooner and Namestnikov along with the 9th pick if Tkachuk slips past 4 which I believe he will.

WingsOverAvs

Non Right Winger
Jun 27, 2011
Orlando FL
It’s not so much that Zibanejad is worth a king’s ransom, but that the Rangers’ center depth would be so depleted in the interim between him leaving and Chytil/Andersson/Howden developing that he’s worth far more with the team than his trade value would dictate. On top of that, his contract has pretty good value for the next four years and he has excellent chemistry with Kreider and Buchnevich.

The Rangers got great value acquiring Zibanejad for Brassard (ignoring the fact Gorton traded the second they received and a third for Smith). It would be poor asset management to rush trading Zib away unless it’s a deal the team can’t refuse.

All fair points, though that could change based on any other potential moves(s) they make. That lack of depth @ C is why the Miller trade made me scratch my head. And bonus pts for being able to make a logical & thoughtful argument instead of acting like a child.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad