Value of: Zibanejad To Flames

frisland

Apr 9, 2003
Why? Have you seen the idiotic turnovers he's had vs. Washington? Have fun paying that dope 5+ million.

I, for one, did not see the turnover ... but do i believe it happened? absolutely, and it will happen again, and again, and again, and then he'll lose someone on a lazy backcheck....

yeah, no desire to pay that next contract.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
There's no way that the Rangers move Zibanejad unless Monahan is coming back. Sounds absurd, but why would they move him for anything less?

This.

Let me just clarify that no one is saying that Zibanejad is worth Monahan, but it just doesn't make sense for the Rangers to move him right now for anything other than Monahan as they need a top-6 center and Zibanejad is signed long-term at a very good rate for his production, plus he had 27 goals this year despite dealing with a concussion.

I'm more than fine with keep Zibanejad, in fact, I'm not looking to deal him. However, if someone asked me what it would take for me to deal him, I'd start naming parts that other fans wouldn't want to part with.

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
Rangers fans are too much.
Trade Brassard for Zibanijad.
Zibanijad shows little to no improvement during first two years.
Somehow his value is now a top pairing D who scores around as many points and is younger plus additional pieces?

Or apparently Monahan LMAO.

Yikes. Delusional bunch.

Reactions: MoneyHandsMonahan

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
Somehow his value is now a top pairing D who scores around as many points and is younger plus additional pieces?

Yikes. Delusional bunch.

"...no one is saying that Zibanejad is worth Monahan..."

It's in the post that is literally RIGHT ABOVE YOURS. Geez!

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT

Yikes. Delusional bunch.

This is an embarrassing outlook that no way justifies what the average Rangers fan feels about Zibanejad’s play and value.

Fact is a Flames fan asked what his value was to Calgary. Ask and you shall receive. Opinions range from person to person. Looping an entire fanbase together is beyond foolish.

Reactions: Monument

Dijock94

Apr 1, 2016

Yikes. Delusional bunch.

The reason is Rangers fans are saying this is what we would want is because no fan has any desire to move him. He just turned 25 and is our 1C on a team friendly deal.

It’s like if we asked what you would want for Monahan. Calgary fans aren’t going to respond with reasonable proposals because you guys aren’t going to want to trade him.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
This is an embarrassing outlook that no way justifies what the average Rangers fan feels about Zibanejad’s play and value.

Fact is a Flames fan asked what his value was to Calgary. Ask and you shall receive. Opinions range from person to person. Looping an entire fanbase together is beyond foolish.

So is putting words in people's mouths in lieu of reading.

Reactions: NewYorkNick

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
The reason is Rangers fans are saying this is what we would want is because no fan has any desire to move him. He just turned 25 and is our 1C on a team friendly deal.

It’s like if we asked what you would want for Monahan. Calgary fans aren’t going to respond with reasonable proposals because you guys aren’t going to want to trade him.

I dont even want him. He iz a 45 point player and prpbably would be a 3rd line centre on the Flames. You guys are delusional.

His value is... Derek Brassard.

Last edited:

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011

Yikes. Delusional bunch.

Little to no improvement? This guy.... Don't post if you don't know what you're talking about.

Zibanejad's highest point total was 51 in 81 games. In the previous 2 seasons, he's been on a higher pace over an entire season than his career high in points. Last season was his first full time #1 role with us and he put up 27 goals. So tell me again how there's been little to no improvement for this "45" point player.

Last edited:

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Yea totally, that’s why everyone is talking about him right now after they see him at the Worlds and realize how good he is. Go troll somewhere else.

Matthew Lombardi would have been an NHL all-star HOF'er if people really put a lot of stock in the Worlds/Spengler/Juniors.

Remember that junior where Anthony Mantha went off? Every single trade on the main boards was Anthony Mantha. And while he's a good player there were some ridiculous things being thrown around in those thread.

This thread can die. It's not a good fit. I like Zibby, I always have, but the pieces don't fit. Rangers need someone in that age group to get them through their rebuild; and it'd cost too much to acquire.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I'm suspect on Zibanejad going forward and shot stats but when you dig deeper past the points, maybe he could finally breakout next year? I still doubt it though. He was 52% CF% on that garbage ass rags team, good for 7.4% CFRel. he really helped drive play up ice, didn't produce nearly as much as we'd like, specifically at even strength. but maybe that can change and those analytics are the signal for that.

But.....here are his Even Strength Assist totals in his career since being a full timer in 2014....12, 16, 21, 16, 12. Bad, very bad for a top line center iceman. He needs to help on much more goals at even strength as a top6 centerman in the league. that's the counter to the analytics and the red flag the other way that might tell you he'll never turn into what we hope.

Dijock94

Apr 1, 2016
Matthew Lombardi would have been an NHL all-star HOF'er if people really put a lot of stock in the Worlds/Spengler/Juniors.

Remember that junior where Anthony Mantha went off? Every single trade on the main boards was Anthony Mantha. And while he's a good player there were some ridiculous things being thrown around in those thread.

This thread can die. It's not a good fit. I like Zibby, I always have, but the pieces don't fit. Rangers need someone in that age group to get them through their rebuild; and it'd cost too much to acquire.

I agree with you it’s not a good fit at all, he is exactly the type of player the Rangers are looking for through their rebuild. I just get a little aggravated when people who don’t watch the Rangers regularly come in and say he isn’t very good and he is a 45 point player. He is not overrated. Is he an elite 1C? No. But he has the talent and potential to be a really good 1C, and if not for two early season injuries the past two years in a row his numbers would be much more impressive. He started the last two seasons on a tear until he got hurt each time and really took him time to bounce back.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017

Yikes. Delusional bunch.
ignorant post

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I agree with you it’s not a good fit at all, he is exactly the type of player the Rangers are looking for through their rebuild. I just get a little aggravated when people who don’t watch the Rangers regularly come in and say he isn’t very good and he is a 45 point player. He is not overrated. Is he an elite 1C? No. But he has the talent and potential to be a really good 1C, and if not for two early season injuries the past two years in a row his numbers would be much more impressive. He started the last two seasons on a tear until he got hurt each time and really took him time to bounce back.

I personally don't see 1C in him (one that a team can win a cup with, let's say), but I see a solid top 6 NHL'er that has positive game impact.
The guy's far from useless, or bad; he's really talented... It just doesn't make sense for NY to trade him unless the return is staggering (like, hey, here's your rebuild in one trade).

CaptBagel

May 2, 2018
Zib is a great player
But he's injured too often
I'd trade him or Hayes
Whoever has higher value
Montreal doesn't want to rebuild and need centers
How about Zib and Nam for their 3rd?
If we pulled that off we could play chytil-hayes-anderson-howden down the middle next year and for years to come with Howden eventually moving up to take Hayes' spot
All assuming none r busts of course
Also trade Zuc, DeAng and Vesey for picks or to move up current picks

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Zib is a great player
But he's injured too often
I'd trade him or Hayes
Whoever has higher value
Montreal doesn't want to rebuild and need centers
How about Zib and Nam for their 3rd?
If we pulled that off we could play chytil-hayes-anderson-howden down the middle next year and for years to come with Howden eventually moving up to take Hayes' spot
All assuming none r busts of course
Also trade Zuc, DeAng and Vesey for picks or to move up current picks

Eh, he's a good-decent player. definitely not great.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad