Zibanejad the Mayor of Philadelphia. 6+6 in 2 games, double natural hattricks.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
avlaugh.gif
Such a smug face. He's got that punchable face. It immediately takes me back to the movie Step Brothers, lol.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

ted2019

History of Hockey
Oct 3, 2008
pittsgrove nj
The NYR have owned the Flyers this season, but it also wasn't until the after the Flyers COVID break that the team didn't completely drop of the shelf.

ted2019

History of Hockey
Oct 3, 2008
pittsgrove nj
Flyers fans blame everything on their defense, but their goaltending is shockingly bad. They allow some good scoring chances, but their goalies never make key saves, and they let up so many bad goals.

They doubled up the Rangers in shots in this game. There's no reason they should've had 5 less goals. It wasn't even a game where they got a lot of low percentage shots and the Rangers got few shots but a lot of high percentage shots. Rangers xG was barely over 2. Flyers xG was higher than the Rangers.

The Flyers were facing a goalie who had missed 10 games. Elliot sucks, so it's not that much of a surprise, but a lot of their struggles this season are on Carter Hart. They were talking about being Cup Contenders before the season, and now they won't even make the playoffs. When you have the worst starting goalie in the league this season, it's not all on the defense. Hart's terrible season is probably more to blame for their struggles than anything.

The entire team has been a mess since COVID. Something happened during this whether is was behind the scenes or something. The team doesn't act like they have a clue on what to do out there.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
This is amazing to witness;

Z-Bad has 14 points from 30 games.

You take these 2 philly games and that becomes 26 points from 32.

I’m not really sure how to interpret this for Z-Bad as a whole; is Z-Bad having a good season (30GP - 14pts) or is Z-Bad having a really good season (32 / 26).

Mika is a great player. He had Covid and missed most of training camp, then struggled early in the year. He's getting his game back, though, it would seem. It's very odd statically that so many of his points have come in just 2 games, but you only have to look back at last year to see what he is capable of.

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
Philly are the new Ottawa & Massmutual East is the new trash division where we can chirp great players for racking up points on the likes of PHI, NJD, and BUF.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011

I’m not really sure how to interpret this for Z-Bad as a whole; is Z-Bad having a good season (30GP - 14pts) or is Z-Bad having a really good season (32 / 26).
Not counting those 2 games he has 11 points in his last 15 games. The first half of the season was brutal for Zibby. 3 points in first 15 games.

CupSeeker

Jan 28, 2021
What the hell happened to the Flyers? They went into the season with some predicting them to win the division... and even to be Cup contenders. Was the bubble a mirage or is this some short term slump?
Their vaunted "young" defense stinks. That's it. Myers, Sanheim, Haag, Moron, Ghost. They all cannot play defense against good forwards. Feel bad for Hart.

CupSeeker

Jan 28, 2021

He had Covid and started really slowly. Now he is playing hockey.

Lurch

Apr 11, 2011
Central PA / Central Florida
I have been a Flyers fan my entire life. Stuck with them through some pretty bad times. Recently bought a house in Florida and have a growing soft spot for the Lightning. This may be the year that breaks me as a Flyers fan. Not quite there yet but man am I close. Not sure what is even happening with my team anymore. I doubt I could totally give up on them but it seems I am watching to see just how bad they are going to be on any given night.

last season I thought was the beginning of a huge upswing, I was so excited to see this team finally get it together and make a solid cup run. Such is the life of a Philadelphia sports fan. Get your hopes up only to be let down dramatically. Watching Lightning hockey in Ybor City with a locally rolled cigar, a warm breeze, a strong beverage, and palm trees is pretty ok. My blood pressure is also much lower not watching the Flyers train wreck.

Reactions: Ringmaster

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I have been a Flyers fan my entire life. Stuck with them through some pretty bad times. Recently bought a house in Florida and have a growing soft spot for the Lightning. This may be the year that breaks me as a Flyers fan. Not quite there yet but man am I close. Not sure what is even happening with my team anymore. I doubt I could totally give up on them but it seems I am watching to see just how bad they are going to be on any given night.

last season I thought was the beginning of a huge upswing, I was so excited to see this team finally get it together and make a solid cup run. Such is the life of a Philadelphia sports fan. Get your hopes up only to be let down dramatically. Watching Lightning hockey in Ybor City with a locally rolled cigar, a warm breeze, a strong beverage, and palm trees is pretty ok. My blood pressure is also much lower not watching the Flyers train wreck.

It never works. You'll always feel dirty.

Reactions: Lurch

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
You can’t win games with 0.850 goaltending or whatever it is the flyers are getting. As an Avs fan I know firsthand from the annual Grubauer/Frankie mid season slump and this year from watching Miska/JJ. Bad goaltending will make a good team look like garbage and then eventually break their confidence

Reactions: Another AZ

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC

This post blows my mind there is nothing that could ever make me switch up, I was born this way.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
The Rangers fell apart defensively under late-stage Vigneault. I believe the Canucks also fell apart defensively under late-stage Vigneault.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad