Zibanejad selected for ASG but opts out

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
THAT DOES NOT MAKE IT OK. ITS STILL A TERRIBLY STUPID AND SELFISH THING TO DO. WHAT IF WE LOSE THE GAME HE IS SUSPENDED IN?

First of all, there has been nothing reported about him being suspended.

Second of all, Mika declined for personal reasons. We don't know what those reasons are.

We may never know why Mika opted out, but if it ends up being something serious, like a sick family member or something, it won't be Mika looking stupid.

Reactions: clmetsfan

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Most likely scenario
Mika u didnt make the asg
(Whimpers)
Teammates: we gotta get him in
Big campaign
Mika happy everyone cares
Votes tallied
Mika in!
Mika calling home
Hunny i made the ASG!!
Wife: OH HELL NO. U GET UR ASS HOME!
mika bows out for "personal reasons"

I was planning on making those cauliflower wings you love so much!

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I don't think they are suspending people anymore, and even then, we don't know what his personal reason was. You could have a legitimate personal reason for not attending, beyond "I don't feel like going."

clmetsfan

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2007
Why the all out campaign to get him voted in if he wasn't going to go?

If he was going to decline his invite, they could've pushed for someone else. Could've gotten Panarin, Strome or Trouba in.

This is assuming of course they weren't allowing goalies for the last main in obviously because Shesty should be there. Kind of hilarious the best goalie in the league isn't in the all star game.
Because it's still good for the team to say that they had another All-Star selection.

clmetsfan

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2007
No problem with him declining, but I don't ever wanna hear his name for Captain again. Yet another of the many reasons he has never deserved it.

It's a meaningless event, but the two guys who ARE going are proud to represent the Rangers and i'm proud to have them be our rep.
I don't think you understand what a captain's responsibilities are. Playing in exhibition games isn't in the top 5.

Reactions: Siddi and nyr2k2

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
I don't think you understand what a captain's responsibilities are. Playing in exhibition games isn't in the top 5.

Playing in an exhibition game? No. Representing your team absolutely is a quality you look for in a Captain, which was the point I made. It's not really an opinion, it's a fact.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Playing in an exhibition game? No. Representing your team absolutely is a quality you look for in a Captain, which was the point I made. It's not really an opinion, it's a fact.

It's also a fact that you have no idea why he opted out.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
The bigger thing is why are they even having an all star game this year. I mean there are like 1 billion makeup games. Cancel thr ASG and maybe make up some actual games.

also it was an olympic year. Why even have one to begin with
The All-Star game makes them money and they are short on money right now.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Why couldn't the NHL just send Igor? Jarry and Andersen over Igor is a crime in my opinion. Igor is one of the top 3 goalies in the Metropolitan Division

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Nobody here knows what's going on in his mind, what kinds of commitments he may have made previously, or what sorts of injuries he may be playing through or trying not to aggravate for the benefit of the NYR season and his teammates. Stop having opinions about s*** you know nothing about, maybe?
I officially love this post. I could copy and reprint it 2-3X a day.

Reactions: Unusual Suspect

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Why couldn't the NHL just send Igor? Jarry and Andersen over Igor is a crime in my opinion. Igor is one of the top 3 goalies in the Metropolitan Division

Igor playing in the allstar game is the worst possible idea ever. with his history of groin issues you want him facing 3 on 0s all night? allstar games are a nightmare for goalies

Brief Candle

Hank's Forehead Sweat
Jan 30, 2010
New Jersey
rocklandmusic.com
Listen, let's be real: Even when I was a kid, the only thing I gave a shit about watching was the hardest shot and fastest skater. The rest is whatever. If the kid wants to spend time with his wife and family, who are any of us to deny him?

Reactions: CasusBelli

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Skip the game, do the skills competition and take all the best danglers,skaters, and shooters and put on a showcase of talent and skill. Name all star teams at the end of the year. I just totally fixed all star weekend.

Reactions: CasusBelli

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad